Thread: New School - New rules!

New School - New rules!

This was a few days ago. I've lost much of the detail - i didn't write it down... this is what i remember...

I am attending a new school. It seems to be a boarding school - we are each allowed a space to sleep in, with shelves above it for our belongings. However, it is up to us to choose our space and to communicate with the other pupils regarding it.

When i try to lay out my bedding, i realise that i have less space than everyone else. I look at those next to me and see that the shelf space has been divided unfairly. One of the pupils to my right has taken up twice as much space as everyone else for herself. I voice my complaint about it, albeit reluctantly, as it means 3 people are gonna have to move their beds, and re-arrange their shelves. However they do so with little complaint, and i suggest to the girl that she should be a little more considerate of others, especially if we're all to live in such close quarters together for a full term... (this seems to be the underlying theme to this experience - cooperating with others, and setting boundaries/assessing limitations for myself)

Next is classtime. My group of pupils all seem to be of a similar age to me. However, i am called to the front and am told i have to go to another class... I'm a bit embarrassed... i follow the directions i'm given and enter another classroom, which is filled with older students. They look at me like i'm not supposed to be there.
    I hear one of them quietly say to another, "That must be the D!"
    I assume they are referring to a D grade i must have got on an exam, but then that makes no sense to me. A D grade wouldn't grant me access to a higher class...
    I sit down near the back and try to be as invisible as possible. When the class begins, i find i am able to keep up with the others, in fact, i seem to be slightly more knowledgable than many of them...
    By the end of the class, my confidence is much higher. I feel relaxed and at home with the older students.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Re: New School - New rules!

Hi, Neil. I've been hanging around a while and hoping to run into you, and here ya are, just about the time I think I'm going to walk back out the door again. Life is full of ironies.

The school/university setting is very common to me and probably universal; at least to people who are forever in school, forever learning.

Obviously and perhaps superficially your dream tells you, you don't give yourself the credit you deserve. However, these words stuck out:
    My group of pupils...
    This was before you discovered you were in an underclassman class. You already know you are the Master. And in another statement of contrition your dream informs you
    "That must be the D!"
    I'll suggest you misunderstood, that what was actually said was "that must be the T(eacher)" You are trying to be invisible - which is a common attitude of an enlightened being. And that the fellow students seem older amplifies your success and talent/gift. You should be standing at the front of the class and I think your dream is metaphorically highlighting this. It is contrasting perhaps your feelings of insecurity with the reality of your stature.

Just my thoughts. And my respect.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Hey E1B.
    Thanks, i appreciate your thoughts.
    I hadn't considered that i might indeed be the master in this situation. You're spot on about me not giving myself the credit i deserve. I allowed myself the status of "gifted pupil" at best, during this experience... That's been a lifelong problem...

This was a very timely (of course) dream, as just today, i actually became a teacher - i gave my first Reiki attunement. I have been feeling unsure about whether i am "worthy" of being in this position...even while i was doing the attunement, i was plagued by thoughts of "am i doing it right? will this even work?"
    Of course it was completely successful, and we both had quite powerful experiences. Something i might have enjoyed more in the moment if i had been able to get my doubting ego out of the way long enough...

This dream is one of a few from this past week or so, that have me wondering if maybe i've recently gained access to a higher sub-plane... i have been learning new stuff, and exploring places that are quite foreign to me...
    I'll post a couple more tonight if i have time...

Thanks again for your input. Most valuable!

Blog Entries

??
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Nice dream about your new school. Thanks Neil for sharing your dream with us. If you want to share some more dreams then you can.

Hey Roman67, I have a journal with many of my dreams/experiences from the past 6 or so years, you're welcome to take a look...
    http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...-Dream-Journal