Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What drew you to Astral Projection?

What drew you to Astral Projection?

Hi Guys,

Astral projection became a big part of my life about 8-9 years ago.

For me it was about a few scary paralysis experiences ( and a nagging urge) which lead me on a journey to "something more". But defining that reason is a little difficult.

What was your reason for learning AP, and why do you do it now?

Cheers

Dkane

Blog Entries

Re: What drew you to Astral Projection?

Even though I've been projecting spontaneously all my life, I started learning to project when I was in my mid forties. A series of scary events prompted me to learn to control the process, but everyone's heard that one before.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

For me there was no single reason that compelled me toward AP, but rather a series of events, states, and ideas I wanted to explore; however, I remember downloading Adventures Beyond the Body by William Buhlman to my Kindle. I downed the book in a few hours. Fascinated, I went on to buy MAP and other texts, and that, as they say, was that.

Also, I haven't projected for about six months as I've been addressing a lot of personal evolution issues. Too much back story there to explain, but I'm planning to engage the conscious practice again this spring when things settle a bit in my life.

Soul
    Know Thyself

Hi Dkane002,
    For me it started during a very stressful person in my life.One night I was spontaneously catapulted up to the stars and then down into the ground with someone then holding me by my hand and swinging me around.I was taken on a mystery tour of a castle on a hill with snow around, then flew over a village( bit like Robin Hood days) then flew over baron land with people just walking in the wilderness with their heads down.That was it. Woke up exited and thought "WHAT THE H... WAS THAT?
    Was directed to Astral Dynamics and the rest is history.
    What a shame EVERY living person couldn't have a similar experience........just to wake them up. Imagine.

Hello dKane
    As a child and pre teen I had Many OBEs. But that was back in the 1960s and early 1970s so nobody knew much about it. About 25 years ago I began to keep a dream diary and a few years later became interested in OBEs and projection. Being able to deliberately induce an OBE brought a whole new dimensions into my life (literally!). So, for me, the door to a new existence is open yet I am only beginning to step through to the other side.

Regards
    Grey

Grey have you noticed any dips or peaks in your ability to project.

Hello BDeye
    Yes indeed. My peaks included having multiple OBEs in one night. Several times I have been out of body 2 or 3 times in one night. During one memorable night I managed to go OOB 6 times. Dips or 'dry spells' can last for weeks, or months or even longer. My worst dry spell lasted nearly 2 years with not 1 OBE during that span.
    I believe that the number of OBEs is a result of the effort put into inducing them. And I do Not put nearly enough time and effort into inducing OBEs these days. This lack of input (time and energy) has resulted in a fairly constant output of about 10 to 12 OBEs a year since about 2010.

Regards
    Grey

Thank you Greytraveller, yes I suspect I have been spreading myself a little thin. I think the effort and time(often allowed by work and family) just isn't enough to expect results. I am hoping to have more time in the near future (although I'm exploring alternative training methods) to really jump back in, but everything in its due course I suppose.

i had a very select few oobes in my early teens (which i marked down as funny "kid dreams") and consequently forgot.
    i started having spontaneous exits after i took onto energy working seriously , which was very disconcerting since i had no control at all.
    Also my exits weren't ascending upwards but falling "through" the bed going through the floor and watching my folks sitting in front of the tv (i think i rarely ever got out to anyplace else then the RTZ).
    overtime (thank god) the spontaneous exits ended.
    Another peculiar happenstance is of "partial exit" where i would mostly separate up till the pelvis and be "stuck" from the hips downwards to the feet.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies so far.

Its interesting that most people started when they were young, and then slowly over time developed an interest in it.

It would be interesting to know what keeps people interested in it?

For me its simply part of my life now, like going to sleep is. I project or become lucid about 5 of my 7 nights of sleep a week- so its a habit now. I probably get a good talk with my guides once a week, and messages 3 nights a week.

Though I have noticed that if you are working alot or focused on physical life its alot harder to project.