Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Forced to Kill

Blog Entries

Re: Forced to Kill

I mean, someone who is in agony due to an illness, who is not able to administer the drugs required to end their life by themselves. We do it for our pets if they're suffering an injury or an illness that reduces their quality of life because it's kinder to do that, so why not with humans who are in a similar position, if they explicitly requested it?

In my mind, to murder a person means to kill them against their will. E.g. a gunman goes on the rampage in a diner or a suicide bomber, etc.

That's the difference in my mind.
    AKA Silver Firefly — If I had to reincarnate as an animal, I'd choose to come back as a bonobo.

~ Manipulation is a tool that's too often abused.

Blog Entries

Sorry, but for me to legalize euthanasia is to open a very dangerous door. Assisted suicide is one thing, killing someone else because they're suffering is another. I do agree that a person should be allowed to choose life or death, but euthanasia is giving someone that is not the patient the power to end their life, according to possibly subjective criteria, and this scares me.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I would like to contradict you at this moment CFT. If it is the will of the person, the person giving the euthanasia will not be the person who caused the death, but freed a spirit. Murder is different from Euthanasia in which like Gemma said is forced onto the person and done because of anger or the increase of ego, but I feel euthanasia is a type of service.

Blog Entries

But you realize that euthanasia and assisted suicide are not the same thing, right?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

It is in my book.

But, there are different contexts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthanasia

So it can obviously mean different things to different people.
    AKA Silver Firefly — If I had to reincarnate as an animal, I'd choose to come back as a bonobo.

~ Manipulation is a tool that's too often abused.

I don't know if anyone is ever really forced to kill. If you are in a position to do so there will be a choice at some point. I could see how killing when faced with a predator could be justified. Predators can't be reasoned with.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

IA56 Guest

Euthanasia to humans in my world is forbidden, I see this in this way, if a human suffers it is our duty to comfort and help, I see this as a test for us who see a person be ill or in pain or agony and wanting to get help to be killed, all our suffering is given us for a reason, and should be cleared out and help the person who suffers...both will learn something out of it....the sufferer the most, we grow only through pain, and the helpers have get a good time to practis both patience and mercy and love.

I understand that we do this to animals maybe because we do not have as much of knowledge how to mend them or help them so we see it as a mercyful act to kill them, I feel it is very sad.

Love
    ia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heliac View Post
    I don't know if anyone is ever really forced to kill. If you are in a position to do so there will be a choice at some point.
    Agreed. You can allow yourself to be killed, or to simply not fight back and let what happens, happen. I'm not saying people SHOULD do that, but you are never forced to kill. You can refuse to participate.

However, and I know I'll get howls of disapproval at this, I don't see death as that horrible a thing. No, I don't approve of murder, because it has a ripple effect in society as a whole, and causes a great deal of pain and misery that the world could do without. But death comes to EVERYONE, sometimes before you're even born, sometimes after a long and horribly painful life that you would have rather not lived at all, and every variation in between. Death is just part of life, part of the cycle. The preoccupation with death seems somewhat ridiculous to me, and I believe it's rooted in most people's own fear of death (very few people have truly overcome that fear, and it drives an awful lot people, sometimes in strange directions).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

IA56 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    Agreed. You can allow yourself to be killed, or to simply not fight back and let what happens, happen. I'm not saying people SHOULD do that, but you are never forced to kill. You can refuse to participate.

However, and I know I'll get howls of disapproval at this, I don't see death as that horrible a thing. No, I don't approve of murder, because it has a ripple effect in society as a whole, and causes a great deal of pain and misery that the world could do without. But death comes to EVERYONE, sometimes before you're even born, sometimes after a long and horribly painful life that you would have rather not lived at all, and every variation in between. Death is just part of life, part of the cycle. The preoccupation with death seems somewhat ridiculous to me, and I believe it's rooted in most people's own fear of death (very few people have truly overcome that fear, and it drives an awful lot people, sometimes in strange directions).
    Nodding...I totally agree.

Love
    ia

If you are attacked and you are alone, just run away, if you can, worse scenario is when someone close to you is with you and you are uncertain whether he/she could run away, in that case use whatever force you see fit to stop the attack.