Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Forced to Kill

Re: Forced to Kill

If you are attacked and you are alone, just run away, if you can, worse scenario is when someone close to you is with you and you are uncertain whether he/she could run away, in that case use whatever force you see fit to stop the attack.
    Totally agree.

IA56 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Frater.Akenu View Post
    If you are attacked and you are alone, just run away, if you can, worse scenario is when someone close to you is with you and you are uncertain whether he/she could run away, in that case use whatever force you see fit to stop the attack.
    Yes off course...

Love
    ia

i think this also has a lot to do with power tactics , a lot of people (beg your pardon ; i need to use a coarse word) "get off" on the thrill of killing someone , i used to think this was something one would expect mostly in movies but it's far much more common than people realize.

sometimes killing someone in self defense doesn't mean your'e out of trouble ,a lot of people get indicted simply for self preservation unless there is pre-existing evidence the aggressor was set out murderous intent.Having a court issued restraining order doesn't cut it either , most of the time you need evidence that is admissible to law.

ultimately it all boils down to sheer hard luck , if someone is "forced" to kill (regardless what the driving "force" was) , if your number is up then it's up.
    You can take self-defense classes , carry a tazer , carry a firearm , but none of that matters , in the very end , when someone somewhere dies , you can't get them back.

This is extremely heart wrenching but loss leaves you feeling like that , no matter which way you cut a situation , your'e not getting the person back.Passage of time doesn't help , you just learn to accept reality and live with it.

I would say that killing in self-defense is pretty rare and usually unintentional (killing more by mistake). You know, to intentionally kill someone, you have to get the drive, you have to provoke yourself to the right state of mind where empathy is switched off and killing intent is the only real drive. People that usually attack you also need this state to truly kill you, they have to stalk you for some time and provoke themselves, why? Well, because if things don't go as they expected, they actually could get killed, hurt or imprisoned, it's quite an adrenaline if you think about it. Only exceptions are people heavily on drugs or total maniacal sociopaths .

You can actually get a great deal of information on http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/
    regarding the behavior of criminals, how to recognize them, what drives them, how to defend yourself and most importantly, how to prevent the assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Frater.Akenu View Post
    regarding the behavior of criminals, how to recognize them, what drives them, how to defend yourself and most importantly, how to prevent the assault.
    a very excellent point indeed and one i missed the mention of.

you can worry about loved ones every time they step out , keep tabs , keep and eye out , but ultimately in a face off you need to make sure you and your family know how to identify such people.

If push comes to shove being armed won't cut it , make sure you and your family know how to "read" a situation and recognize "criminals" - their vibe , their intent , their motives and their drive (i cannot stress enough on the importance of this)

consider this "life insurance" - do as much as you can to recognize high risk , and make sure your family does too : 1)situations 2)people and 3)areas.

If push comes to shove being armed won't cut it , make sure you and your family know how to "read" a situation and recognize "criminals" - their vibe , their intent , their motives and their drive
    Excellent point, being proactive will save a lot of strife.

also it's very worth while to mention that kids should be educated about this all as early as possible (imo)

before getting a driver's license , my father (a very highly decorated military ex-official) used every opportunity he got to hone my radar on my this , he would pick someone for an example and would just randomly tell me that's that "shady" person you thoroughly steer clear off , that helped a lot till my radar on this situations finally took off on it's own.

my mother (she used to work in demographics) would similarly randomly quiz me on bus routes , maps , and phone numbers (and i had to know each one) ; there was no sass back , lip or backtalk on this one , i was expected to know all this information and there were no two ways about it.Period.

Instill in your kids that they need to "trust their gut" on things like this , things are seldom what they seem , give your family the proper tools to make sure they "develop" instinct on this , work with that instinct and make sure you never end in a place where your'e saying "i thought stuff like that happened to other people only"

Again very good points, I do this with my sisters kids everyday. Keep their eyes open being priority and then in the case of an event they also have a drill to follow, where the safe points are and suchlike.

i do this my neighbor's kids , yesterday i was telling them how to read number plates on a car , i was shocked to see they couldn't even tell which car were out of city which ones were local.
    some time even before that i was telling them to give people absolutely no information at all when anyone other than expected company arrives asking questions that seem innocuous "what time does your dad leave home mostly? and when does your mom get home?" (they have no idea on how crooks case a joint)- again blank slates.

that's not good parenting (at least not in my book sorry to say) , this is one area you just don't cut any slack and nothing withstanding , i don't care how it goes against the all important "cool" factor in teens even.

Yeah it's very scary, my niece and nephew are very young still, so I try make little attention games for them, what type of car is that and so on. I do it when they're watching movie(all the time), make them count how many people are in the scene, what colour their clothes are how many cars are in the background. I think if we can increase their awareness, attention and memory and send them out into the world with the best weapon(the gray mass between their ears) we're taking a step in the right direction.