Thread: I dreamed I was in a lucid dream, but I wasn't actually lucid

Blog Entries

I dreamed I was in a lucid dream, but I wasn't actually lucid

Pretty much what the title of the thread says. In the dream, I realised that I was dreaming, that I was lucid with a dream, except... I wasn't actually lucid. I was dreaming that I was having a lucid dream. Weird, huh?

I know exactly what it means (for me, "lucid in a dream" is symbolic of awareness, of awakening, of realisation of the Self, enlightenment, whatever you want to call it, though I distinctly dislike the word "enlightenment" for a zillion reasons), and I know what the message was, and it was definitely a message (it had the "weight" of what I call a "significant dream"). So I don't really need any insights on that one. I don't even remember the actual content of the dream, other than something about being at the counter at an airport or other travel location (again, symbolic; travel is a pretty obvious metaphor for "going somewhere else").

I just wanted to share because it was weird and fun in that way that my life and experiences tend to be, and I was also curious if anyone else had ever had a similar dream experience.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Re: I dreamed I was in a lucid dream, but I wasn't actually lucid

Awesome!
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Blog Entries

I did this fairly often when I was first interested in lucid dreaming. It is an odd experience.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Only a handful of lucid dreams, but to be honest the lines can sometime blur. Very cool though.

Blog Entries

I don't have a lot of lucid dreams, either, but I do regularly get significant dreams, message dreams. This was one of those. It was just such an odd thing, to dream I was having a lucid dream, but to not actually be lucid. Weird. And fun.

You know, a while back (more than a year, maybe two years) I set an intention for things to manifest in fun ways, and that's pretty much been happening more and more. I really dig it.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

I have had many lucid dreams but never experienced that type of dream. Your dream was actually amazing ButterflyWoman.

7. Re: I dreamed I was in a lucid dream, but I wasn't actually lucid

me too, I often had lucid dream but been called up in the dream again and forget I was in the dream.