Thread: Ah..ha. Now I understand why you all love dreaming!

Ah..ha. Now I understand why you all love dreaming!

I have never been interested in lucid dreaming. I have on occasion become aware that I was dreaming and was able to alter events, for example, once I was being chased and consciously made the perpetrator go off in a different direction. Interesting but so what?

But then two days ago I had the most amazing lucid dream and now I understand why it such a big deal to you all.

I was woken up too early and was struggling to get back to sleep. I start to dose off when I begin to wonder if I had left my pet rabbit out. I start to worry because the neighbour's cat hunts him. Then I become aware that I haven't gotten up yet and so I must be dreaming. I go outside and there are two rabbits in the garden and that confirms I am dreaming. A child appears and I touch her face. It feels so real. I can't believe it. I look around for something to do before I wake up. I decide to snoop in my neighbours house. Lol. I go in and of course my mind runs wild. The house is huge inside. I pass a lady cooking at the stove. She sees me but says nothing. It's a bit eerie but quite satisfying to know that she is there because of my imagination. I wander around the house and noting how real it all feels I begin to contemplate the best way to identify which reality I may be in in the future. I see a window which is positioned in a ridiculous place and I tell myself to look out for anomalies in the environment. I wake up. Nothing extraordinary about the dream but God it felt so real and I was in control. Amazing stuff.

Re: Ah..ha. Now I understand why you all love dreaming!

aww shucks !, they call us dream fanatics now do they ?.

Blog Entries

It amazes me how many people hear the word 'dream' and simply shut down. Like I had said something politically incorrect. I always say if a person is not invested in his dream life, he is only living part of his life and missing the best part.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

It amazes me how many people hear the word 'dream' and simply shut down.
    I have noticed that blank stare a few times, now i'm rather more selective with who I tell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Regza View Post
    I have never been interested in lucid dreaming. I have on occasion become aware that I was dreaming and was able to alter events, for example, once I was being chased and consciously made the perpetrator go off in a different direction. Interesting but so what?

But then two days ago I had the most amazing lucid dream and now I understand why it such a big deal to you all.

I was woken up too early and was struggling to get back to sleep. I start to dose off when I begin to wonder if I had left my pet rabbit out. I start to worry because the neighbour's cat hunts him. Then I become aware that I haven't gotten up yet and so I must be dreaming. I go outside and there are two rabbits in the garden and that confirms I am dreaming. A child appears and I touch her face. It feels so real. I can't believe it. I look around for something to do before I wake up. I decide to snoop in my neighbours house. Lol. I go in and of course my mind runs wild. The house is huge inside. I pass a lady cooking at the stove. She sees me but says nothing. It's a bit eerie but quite satisfying to know that she is there because of my imagination. I wander around the house and noting how real it all feels I begin to contemplate the best way to identify which reality I may be in in the future. I see a window which is positioned in a ridiculous place and I tell myself to look out for anomalies in the environment. I wake up. Nothing extraordinary about the dream but God it felt so real and I was in control. Amazing stuff.
    ..... C00L x
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce