Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kundalini rising

Blog Entries

Kundalini rising

Hello. This is GMAN again with another question. So I had an awakening about a year ago? I was already into things over a year but only got awakened last year or so after many different experiences which probably led to the awakening. I could not handle much of the energy that was flowing into my body and figured out that I wasn't grounded either which was a bad idea. I grounded myself and it stopped for a bit, then it came back on. I decided that I do energy work too so that the energy balances out and is able to flow through my whole body. It started to flow much better and it is pretty balanced now. It took about 2 months for it to become normal. The reason I posted this is because I want to know how strong the kundalini raising energy is. The kundalini awakening is just an awakening probably of some abilities and stuff. The rising travels through your body and could actually end up killing me, but bringing me back? I want to know, if any of you have risen kundalini, how did yours go? What could you have done to stabilize the effects better? Have any of you had the full effect of a rise? I am guessing the kundalini program has something with energy work first to help make the flow of energy better. My energy is stabilized from the awakening, I just want to know how much stronger is the rising? I heard that for the short time, or long time of the rising, you get all the abilities, but they stop and eventually you get them all back through practices or over time.

Re: Kundalini rising

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN12 View Post
    So I had an awakening about a year ago?
    why the (?) in the end , it either happened or it didn't.
    Every energetic movement in the body , even severe ones or those happening in the spinal channel aren't necessarily kundalini.

I want to know how strong the kundalini raising energy is.
    There is no such thing as a singular unified version of kundalini , there is no one type of kundalini that everyone experiences and talk about the say same way.This is no "one size fits all" type of a thing.

The kundalini awakening is just an awakening probably of some abilities and stuff
    Nope.
    Kundalini does not awaken super powers , psychic gifts , clairvoyance or the ilk.No matter many people claim it to be so (however) if people already had those qualities before kunalini , afterwards they might go up a notch or two from the equal energy distribution and that's about it.

The rising travels through your body and could actually end up killing me, but bringing me back?
    After reading this i'm sure as heck certain you don't really have any idea what kundalini is.
    Let's say cyanide , bullet in the head, jumping off a cliff, armed gang fight "kills" you , the very thing that will bring you back to life is the very same thing that will bring you back to life after kundalini kills you - true story.

I heard that for the short time, or long time of the rising, you get all the abilities
    Yes again very true! , every super power , every supernatural ability , heck even samadhi come gushing out (once you crack open the kundalini coconut) - again true story.

but they stop and eventually you get them all back through practices or over time
    golly gee whiz GMAN! it's like hearing my life story coming from your lips! O_O
    one day i woke up and all my super powers were gone , i came running down stairs to mommy and i was like "mom! mom! how can ever live like an ordinary human being again, i will never live this down!" ...as you can see a very difficult journey commenced there after , much rehab , hard work , diligent pyshiotherapy was need for me to come back down to a peasent like human level , living without those delicious abilities is no joke my friend , not joke at all.

Blog Entries

The reason I posted this is because I want to know how strong the kundalini raising energy is.
    It's enough to wreck your entire life as you know it, dissolve your reality as you understand it, and completely break down your identity as you think it is. And more.

I've said before (I think it might have even been to you?) that the way you know Kundalini at work is because your life, your reality, your identity, and everything else starts to change. Maybe not all at once, but stuff starts changing. That's the whole purpose of it. It is a transformation process, and one that might be called destructive, in that it deconstructs before it rebuilds. Of course, some people have more or less stuff to be deconstructed, and every person is unique, so while there are general guidelines, it's always uniquely personal.

The kundalini awakening is just an awakening probably of some abilities and stuff.
    Not in my experience. What do you mean by "some abilities and stuff"? You think Kundalini awakening suddenly bestows magickal type powers on you or something? What, like a fairy godmother? Maybe I'm not understanding what you're suggesting, but any "abilities" that develop do so as part of the whole transformation process. They're not even that important, to be honest. Interesting, sure, fun, sometimes, but not important, and not the point.

The rising travels through your body and could actually end up killing me
    Not sure where you heard that. Generally, people who have a difficult time of it do so because of the changes in their lives, their reality, their view of themselves. Loss of identity is shockingly difficult for most people, and it can definitely feel like dying. Some people can't cope with it, and I'll leave it at that.

how did yours go
    Without me having a clue what was happening. I DID, at various times, have sensations of energy doing weird things (like shooting out of the top of my head), but I had no clue what any of it was. I never even heard the word "kundalini" until pretty recently (within the last five or six years). The awakening started in about... 1989 or so, and that's when everything started to change. I lost everything that I thought was important, including my sanity, nearly my life... It was harrowing, and it took years to deconstruct, and then years to reconstruct, and then some more years to recover from the whole transformation process.

The only thing I can think of, in retrospect, that would have made it easier would have been to just let go and surrender to the process. I wanted to keep control (although I know now control is an illusion). I fought the process, because I didn't like where it was taking me, I didn't want to go there, I didn't want to be destroyed. But I was, and it was necessary and I know that now, but I didn't know it then, and I fought against it every step of the way. Mind you, I don't think it necessarily would have made the weird stuff stop being weird (I just plain got used to weirdness and stopped worrying myself about it), but it would have made the process go a lot more smoothly, probably less painfully, and almost certainly more expediently.

I heard that for the short time, or long time of the rising, you get all the abilities, but they stop and eventually you get them all back through practices or over time.
    I don't know what you mean by "all the abilities" or what you mean by "practices". I don't mean to be obtuse, but it seems my point of view has shifted so much that the whole idea of "gaining abilities" just sounds like a video game to me, and not like fluid reality.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

@DC: Wow!

@BW: So I should submit myself to my destruction and reconstruction? Is this a type of depression or is it literally I will forget myself and goals in life and everything?

Blog Entries

So I should submit myself to my destruction and reconstruction?
    Just stop trying to control the process, stop worrying about it, stop trying to figure it out. How it will unfold, I have no idea. Everyone is unique. I was basically completely destroyed, right to the brink of actual death, and then rebuilt. It's not that way for everyone.

My point was that fighting it, trying to control it, worrying about it, fussing over it, trying to make it happen faster, or slower, or less weirdly, or whatever, just makes it take longer and may very well make it more difficult. Whatever "it" ends up being.

Is this a type of depression or is it literally I will forget myself and goals in life and everything?
    I never forgot myself. In fact, I got so sick of myself it made me write mournful poetry about it. I never forgot any goals. You're projecting something there. I don't know what it is. I don't think goals come into it anywhere, and neither does forgetting...
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Germain 12 , hiya,would you do something for me?? Please.
    The next time you have some spare time would you
    1) take a look at as many beautiful flowers as you can and tell us what you are thinking about them ( in your day journal)
    2) watch the birds in the sky and describe the most interesting one and why?
    3) can you give kindness to someone today?excluding mothers and fathers ,they deserve this 24/7.
    4) be creative.( your hovercraft for eg)
    You are clever enough to know why I am suggesting this but I look forward to reading your replies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
    1) take a look at as many beautiful flowers as you can and tell us what you are thinking about them ( in your day journal)
    2) watch the birds in the sky and describe the most interesting one and why?
    3) can you give kindness to someone today?excluding mothers and fathers ,they deserve this 24/7.
    4) be creative.( your hovercraft for eg)
    You are clever enough to know why I am suggesting this but I look forward to reading your replies.
    This is all excellent advice. Brilliant. I wouldn't have thought to recommend these things, but when I read it, it's like "Oh, YEAH! Great idea!" Thanks, Susan. You made me smile.

apart from what susan recommends might I suggest martial arts as well? ; Cft took it too and look at where she is today
    I took classical ballet for about a decade and I was the only guy in my class who graduated onto work en pointe.
    sometimes a good hard work out really soothes you out and keeps the mind from dwelling on things that are either too petty to be worrying about or simply not worth your cerebral time.

while we are at it i'm going to add in that anyone specially young people undergoing kundalini are best kept away from religious ideas , if someone's earliest childhood memory is feeling the presence of God , they are obviously going to view life thereafter through "God tainted glasses" , so it's natural they'd suggest or introduce ideas like consciousness , the omnipotent and the one true , all knowing omniscient God "expressing itself through kundalini".This might very well be true and work for them in their* particular case.
    But it's not the same for everyone , to look at kundalini in terms of a pure energetic change/process is perfectly fine and entirely acceptable.
    The young mind is very impressionable also to be told that there is God behind it can also lead to questions like
    "Why is God punishing me like this , all this weird stuff going on , what did I do to incur it?"
    "I never really believed in God so now he's sitting up there proving to me he exists by doing crazy stuff in body".
    "Why did God pick me to torture like this?"
    I think there should be room for everyone to make their own mind about it.A lot of people tried to sell religion ,god and consciousness theories onto me in my early years , luckily it was in one ear and out the other and I just didn't buy into it.

I was agnostic way before kundalini and still am , but that's just me , if someone else was "awakened" , "enlightened" or reached "divinity" through kundalini than good for them.

none of this is said incendiary motive , if however it still counts as offensive , deletion is most welcomed by op.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChylde View Post
    "Why is God punishing me like this , all this weird stuff going on , what did I do to incur it?"
    [...]
    I once struggled with questions like those. For a long time, I was convinced that God must hate me to send me from His presence and force me to be here, in this material existence that I hated so very much.

Happily, this is no longer how I feel or perceive. I don't actually perceive an objective "God" figure at all any more. Haven't for a long time. But I do perceive Consciousness, though not as a deity or a God. Consciousness is formless (except for the forms of Creation), nameless, without shape.

And as with all things, there should be added: In my experience. I usually put that in every post, but it gets tiresome. People should know by now that I speak from my experience, because what the hell else would I speak from? I'm no fan of dogma and traditions. I only know what I have experienced. Even my interpretation of things I've experienced is subjective.

My advice is always to EXPERIENCE IT FOR YOURSELF. If you haven't, and you want to, intend to do so, and then let the process unfold without impeding it. Your reality, as I've also said many times, is YOUR reality. Ultimately, you are the creator of it, or at least, you are the filter and instrument of the creation of the reality that you experience. Don't take my word for it. Find out for yourself.

Blog Entries

Specific question was "how was it for you" and "what would you have done to make it beter/easier". What am I going to do, talk about someone else's experience? Talk about some dogmatic interpretation written down by someone I've never met? No, of course I'm speaking of my experience. It's all I have. Personal experience is all anyone has, and if you haven't got the experience, you're just speculating. When and if I am speculating, I say so.

Anyway. Whatever. Done now.

Quoting the entire original complaint, for posterity's sake:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChylde View Post
    apart from what susan recommends might I suggest martial arts as well? ; Cft took it too and look at where she is today
    I took classical ballet for about a decade and I was the only guy in my class who graduated onto work en pointe.
    sometimes a good hard work out really soothes you out and keeps the mind from dwelling on things that are either too petty to be worrying about or simply not worth your cerebral time.

while we are at it i'm going to add in that anyone specially young people undergoing kundalini are best kept away from religious ideas , if someone's earliest childhood memory is feeling the presence of God , they are obviously going to view life thereafter through "God tainted glasses" , so it's natural they'd suggest or introduce ideas like consciousness , the omnipotent and the one true , all knowing omniscient God "expressing itself through kundalini".This might very well be true and work for them in their* particular case.
    But it's not the same for everyone , to look at kundalini in terms of a pure energetic change/process is perfectly fine and entirely acceptable.
    The young mind is very impressionable also to be told that there is God behind it can also lead to questions like
    "I never really believed in God so now he's sitting up there proving to me he exists by doing crazy stuff in body".
    I think there should be room for everyone to make their own mind about it.A lot of people tried to sell religion ,god and consciousness theories onto me in my early years , luckily it was in one ear and out the other and I just didn't buy into it.

I was agnostic way before kundalini and still am , but that's just me , if someone else was "awakened" , "enlightened" or reached "divinity" through kundalini than good for them.

none of this is said incendiary motive , if however it still counts as offensive , deletion is most welcomed by op.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast