Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: energy work, alcohol consumption

energy work, alcohol consumption

Contrary to what you may think from the title, I am NOT advocating during energy work while drunk Rather, what I am going to say is that I have noticed lately that I get awful hangovers from drinking these days, even if its relatively just a little bit. I cant help but wonder if maybe this is because on a spiritual/energetic level my body is wanting me to stay healthier? Because I dont recall alcohol having such a negative effect on me before starting energy work. I'm not saying the two are correlated, but it is definitely interesting to consider. Anyone got any experiences regarding this?

Re: energy work, alcohol consumption

Don't drink too much . Alcohol (in small doses) is actually ideal for energy work. Take a shot of strong spiritus or a glass of wine and in 30 minutes you will be able to think better and your energy manipulation will improve as well (thanks to the energy being released faster from energy storages in your body).
    This unfortunately works just once, so taking another glass after 30 minutes will just make you drunk .

Reference:
    Papus (Gerard Encausse). Traite Méthodique De La Magie Pratique

Blog Entries

In fact, I found that doing energy work made me much more sensitive to caffeine. I haven't noticed it with alcohol, but I drink so infrequently and carefully (only with food or on a full stomach, limited amounts, etc.) that it's not something I'd be likely to notice. Some people report other sensitivities increasing, as well, such as to certain pain relief drugs (codeine, for example). Basically, as you clear your energetic pathways, so to speak, it makes you a lot more aware of and sensitive to various kinds of perception-altering substances.

Also going to recommend on a purely practical level that you make sure you stay very well hydrated with actual water if you're going to drink alcohol. The hangover is usually due to dehydration (mind you, I haven't had a hangover in decades, but that's because I'm not a big drinker ).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

I have found that energy work/meditation has increased my tolerance for alcohol consumption. I believe this is because i am better able to manage "altered states" as a result/by-product.

There has been times where i would be out with friends celebrating with a little bit too much alcohol and the group i'm with blames the tolerance on my irish genes or on having two livers. It is just because i feel meditation has made it easier to manage a drunken state.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Blog Entries

There is something that most of you (being young) haven't taken into consideration- the more you drink, the more your liver suffers (and loses its ability to metabolize), and the less capacity for 'getting drunk' you have. That's why hard-core alcoholics have to drink massive quantities to stay mellow, and end up dying from cirrhosis.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

-butterflywoman

Yeah that actually makes perfect sense, thanks

-heliac

yeah thats what I was anticipating, that energy work would INCREASE my tolerance for alcohol. However what I think is that for me, from the very get go my chakra and energy body wasnt that healthy, so since I started doing energy work my energetic body has experienced an abrupt change, so I think it still may be "sensitive", but I suspect that over time as I get used to being energetically healthy then I should develop a higher tolerance to alcohol. (maybe)

Blog Entries

I commend all these entries (liked Heliac's). I mentioned somewhere else I'm German/Irish plus I had two careers, both of which required more or less drinking - just the nature of the beast.
    But as I get older bedtime gets earlier - so I'm no good for parties. They seem to get under way about lights out for me.
    A beer or two before meditation has never seemed to hurt. Be comfortable with yourself and you will tap (no pun intended) resources you may otherwise miss.
    There are people not inclined to drink and good for them. Follow your own leadings is the best advise I can think of for young people. Here in America, like many issues of social justice, we're a mixed lot. But either way, be ever mindful!
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Baileys Irish Cream - you put it on your lips , the pleasure of liquid gold gently soothes into the mouth , the exquisite feeling of pleasure gliding down slowly in , a gush of satisfaction and the yearning that only baileys abates starts fading away.
    When they made the expression "hits just the spot" they obviously it's the one baileys hit.
    bailesh irish cream.jpg

Blog Entries

It's how I discovered I had issues with dairy. 'Nuff said.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Btw, I screwed up with my daughter when she hit high school. I told her I would much rather she used weed rather than alcohol. Which backfired and she never smoked - cause Dad said it was alright. :laughter:
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard