Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A question on music!

Re: A question on music!

Hello,

Sry it took so long to get back to you. Her name is Ruth Stone, died in 2011.

It's an interesting philosophy. Tutor, I try not to take too many things deeply or personally. I suppose that means things don't affect me so much and I don't claim responsibility or control over any certain thing, and vice versa.

It seems today people have too much pressure trying to be the genius, when rather the genius is outside of you, and passes through you, like a poem.

-AS

Blog Entries

Re: A question on music!

This reply is based only on your initial post, Yoda. Since the age of twelve I have 'known' there is a supernatural component to the performance and composing of music. That there was some spirit acting through me, that to some extent I was only a channel. Now, 50 years later, I really do question the 'holiness' of that inspiration.

As much as I chide Prosperity Gospel and its megachurches and megawealthy pastors, I have to admit that between a gifted musician and a charismatic preacher there may not be much difference. It only seems to me that I vilify the fancy preacher and celebrate the gifted musician.

My signature states "...and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit". I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I guess what I am saying (and I feel pretty comfortable with this) that the musician/artist is not Anointed - nothing sacred about it. I will add however that my experience as a recognized musician - the compliments accorded thereby - was the question that started the search for meaning.
    Last edited by eyeoneblack; 2nd December 2013 at 09:03 PM.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard