Thread: Baby Steps

Baby Steps

Fear has been by far my biggest reason for not going anywhere near something like astral projection. I have a very firm belief in my own spiritual existence but two things have kept me from pursuing astral projection/OBE.

1) I wouldn’t come back. That fear was resolved by reading “Evolution” over a few days.

2) Running into monsters/demons/evil beings. I blame Hollywood for this fear. Well, that combined with having to deal with them on and off over the years. I have my stories (although nothing compared to Roberts!)

With a bit of self-reassurance and armed with the knowledge of what to do should it happen, I decided not to worry and last night I do believe I took my first little steps.

It’s a bit dreamlike, this is early days for me, but I’m pretty sure I had someone lean over me and I got them to go away. More importantly, I was aware of me spiritually, separate from the body. Woo Hoo! I felt a large, dark, faceless presence loom over me. I had rolled over and felt myself startle awake. This is when I saw what looked like a cut-out shape of a person in a robe, the kind with a hood. I was only able to make out an outline, a black silhouette. Just in case you were wondering if this figure was holding a scythe, no, it wasn’t Death. If it was I didn’t give him/her/it time for introductions. I think what really happened was my astral self rolled over and I saw a being who was curious about or looking in on me. Just prior to falling asleep I decided rolling over was the way for me to go. I had been trying the rope technique. I instantly put my steel box around myself and went back to sleep. I’m fairly proud of this as I felt no fear. The box may have been unnecessary, but it worked!

Towards morning I dreamed of a yellow, indoor wall with pencil marks all over it. Bits of the wall were peeling and falling off. I am in a new place and I think I may have seen one of the walls as it had been in the past. Shortly after that dream I woke and decided to move to the couch and maybe go for an astral walk. I laid there thinking about projecting when I felt someone walk past. I sensed their footsteps, speed and direction and even felt the air move. I asked my significant other if he had gotten up but he said he no. Perhaps this was my copy or someone else having a wander through the house. Not sure, more importantly I remained calm.

I have decided that if this is the sort of thing that is going on all the time anyway, what have I got to fear? Also, It makes sense that I get a grip on it now rather than when I don’t have a body to run back to. My goal is not just to astral project, it is to establish communication with my Higher Self. I've decided It’s time for some big spiritual changes in my regard and this seems to be the way to go about it. If someone here feels they have an established connection I welcome any stories as to how they achieved their own success in this regard.

Blog Entries

Re: Baby Steps

Good deal. Another thing to remember, is, that, once it becomes clear that nothing can really hurt you, and once you come to understand this deep down, the 'scary' experiences will cease, and then the real growth begins.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I also wanted to chime in and congratulate you on your experience. I've only recently joined too, and I feel that I am always closer to projecting after reading the comments of others here.
    A couple of months ago, i had my first conscious OBE as well and it was amazing.
    I am also afraid about what is out there, but I have learned to relax my mind.

I look forward to hearing more about your adventures!

Thanks Hotpod, and well done on your own conscious OBE! My first full conscious OBE was more of an accident at a time when I had absolutely no idea what was going on. It was very vivid and effortless. I would love to be able to do this on purpose regularly. Recently I realized I don't need to be rested or even feeling tip-top to project, something that took a while for me to figure out. I think when I have a bit more success I will add my voice more often. I look forward to seeing your successes and stories!

Im actively trying to project, by meditating to trance with binaural beats. I haven't had much success recently though. Soon though.