Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: nervousness around people

Re: nervousness around people

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor View Post
    another thing about males that i've witnessed, the silent ones always deliver, the loud ones are always the first to break down as unreliable.
    an empty can make the loudest noise

weird how the "things" that taught you the most become that which you sometimes would like to forget, but cannot help but remember, for as well taught, so you are as You cannot but BE.

brings tears to weary eyes...with a smile rising forth to meet the new day at hand.

You Can't Be Told: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEhKbjrSfp4

Come To My Door: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myfdZOB5DHw

He:"Your song"...She:"Your song"...He:"Nah, it's your song"...awkward nervous giggles...good friends share...singing their song...

1 Mic 1 Take
    Last edited by Tutor; 20th August 2013 at 04:40 PM.
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

I've been a bit uncomfortable around other people since I was a child. My mother has told me that I used to rub my index finger against my thumb as a sort of coping mechanism around other kids. Throughout most of my childhood it wasn't much of an issue, though the main difference between myself and others was my tendency to drift in and out of body, and into what I now recognize as altered and mystical states. By the time I turned 13 or so, things changed, and being around others became nearly intolerable. I became very anxious and alienated from the outside world, I interacted with others out of pure necessity. In hindsight I realize that I was very ungrounded and psychically I opened up quite a bit at that time. Spiritual awakening tends to bring up and exaggerate all of our characteristics, both positive and negative (both relative terms). So yeah, this tendency within me came up in an in-my-face manner.

See, for a while, I was under this misconception that it was simply due to the fact that I was somehow "different" from others, and this became further reinforced by my powerful natural inclination toward the spiritual. I now realize that it was merely one of the many pitfalls along the path; confusing karma and dharma in some sort of grandiose inner drama...more maya, *yawn*. My point here? Well, seeing that you're on this website, it would be reasonable to assume that you're also psychically sensitive and spiritually aware, and perhaps there is a parallel on some level. My solution? Believe it or not, affirmations helped a whole ton here, along with immersion and exposure to those situations which made me uncomfortable. You cannot imagine the power of affirmations unless you have truly reaped their rewards. What did I use? Before bed, I would simply say to myself, "I am outgoing and confidant in myself". Remember also though, affirmations must be combined with direct action, which means facing those situations which challenge you head on. Avoidance will not help you.

You'll be astonished by the miracles that come as a result of such work, but you need to put in the necessary effort and put yourself in the necessary state of subconscious receptivity. It's a fine line, and this balance can only become apparent through actually doing. Additionally, I highly recommend getting grounded regularly; there are various resources on how to do this on the internet.

All of this, of course, is based merely on my own personal experience in this area. Be persistent, give it time (lots of time), and live it as if it were a reality now, truly. Approach it with an open heart and an open mind; spirit answers those who approach in a state of utmost sincerity.

Namaste

Ps, guidance also suggested digestive support. I began all of this concurrently; enzymes, affirmations, probiotics, and social immersion. It is a sort of "What came first?" type scenario, but hopefully all of this information is somehow of help to you.

Blog Entries

I found that much of my nervosity disapeared when I got used to beeing in and around groups of people, forcing me to interact with them on a daily basis.
    What triggers my nervosity is when there is an expectation on me, expecially in groups. If at those times I can't meet their expectations, I get all red in my face. Over time I have analyzed the situations and learned that what really bothers me is that everyone can see my red face and then they don't know what to do, and they get all weird creating an even more weird situation. When I get into those situations today I have learned to be honest with myself and say that I don't know if an answer is expected, and not to get so nervous about not having all the answers. It has something to do with not beeing able to help, or not beeing sufficient or good enough for others, and to be in the center of attention when all this happens. It feels as if everyone is staring at you, expecting you to know something you don't. And when you don't you feel the pressure build and you can't control the situation. This can also happen when I am about to tell something which I really hasn't prepared for. What happens then is that I begin to tell the story I have in mind and then I realize that I have caught more attention, from more people, than I had in mind, mistakingly placed myself in the center of attention.
    Before I walked out from the situation, but as I consciously began to stay in the situation and "take it" so to speak, I got more self confidence and now I am able to attend group stand ups every morning and speak my mind as if it was nothing.
    What worked for me was to stay in the situation and deal with it. It was the only way to progress.