Thread: Recurring Dreams for 4 years(maybe longer)

Recurring Dreams for 4 years(maybe longer)

Hey all,

I've had these dreams bothering me for quite awhile. I understand why they arise because its directly related to my waking fears, but i don't know how to emotionally release them...I am wondering if it is worth trying to learn how to lucid dreaming and resolve it(not sure what i'd do), within the dream? To put it bluntly, I know that as long as i have these dreams, these old emotions are still in my body and are going to keep destroying my life.

My unconcious, i know is telling me something really important to get rid of but i don't even know what to do with the dreams or emotions. If you need more info on the actual dreams themselves or myself personally i can fire away. Thanks

Blog Entries

Re: Recurring Dreams for 4 years(maybe longer)

You said you know what the dream is about- is it about something you can change?
    Sometimes stuff in life is what it is, and that causes certain fears that you either get rid of in some way, or learn to live with- and then sometimes they fuel the dreams- at least they do for me, in certain situations.
    But if there is something you can do about the situation (even if it's in the dreamscape), you can write a new 'happy ending' for the dream script- and run it in your imagination. You don't have to learn to lucid dream, but it helps- rehearsing it may be enough to change the outcome to something that is not quite so upsetting.
    I hope this helps.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

CFTraveler gives excellent advice. Writing alternative grounds it in a solid way which will communicate your requests and ideas back to your subconscious.

There are other things I bumbled onto and which may help you, though what I fear in my dreams is something mysterious I can't identify. While I am awake, whenever I start to feel anxious, I try to identify my fears (which you have already done, but it may help to trace them back for further clues about what makes them so tenacious) and focus on what's positive in my life in order to challenge the authority my sense of fear has had over me. Then I ask my smarter dream self, or soul, or guide, or whatever/whoever it is, TO HELP me. When I feel really unequal to the task of dealing with it by myself, I hand it over very deliberately, reminding myself of the benevolent forces in my life, and acknowledging that it's ok to receive help. (You might not need to give yourself permission to receive assistance, but I find it helpful to do so.)
    Last night I actually had a dream where, as I stood at the top of a stairway leading to absolute blackness below, an invisible presence approached the bottom of the stairs and started ascending towards me. I was very afraid of whatever it was. Then I asked the PRESENCE ITSELF to help me with my fear. The response was to feel a warm hand take hold of mine in a gentle grip which communicated great kindness and compassion for me. This was a breakthrough. (Funny timing for me to see your posting here today.)
    Other people have successfully used light trance to call up characters in their dreams in order to ask them what messages they were trying to communicate in upsetting dreams. Sit and relax in a quiet place and re-enter the dream in that state. It might be less intimidating than looking for them while you're asleep, if you feel vulnerable while dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoady View Post
    Hey all,

I've had these dreams bothering me for quite awhile. I understand why they arise because its directly related to my waking fears, but i don't know how to emotionally release them...I am wondering if it is worth trying to learn how to lucid dreaming and resolve it(not sure what i'd do), within the dream? To put it bluntly, I know that as long as i have these dreams, these old emotions are still in my body and are going to keep destroying my life.

My unconcious, i know is telling me something really important to get rid of but i don't even know what to do with the dreams or emotions. If you need more info on the actual dreams themselves or myself personally i can fire away. Thanks
    Hi Hoady,

your unconscious is speaking through what you are writing, have written above. the most telling line for you to recognize is this one: "...are going to keep destroying my life.". this indicates a sense of your life as ongoing destruction, reaching pastward, present, and imagined to continue on into your future. the replaying dream sequence is neither here nor there, as it is you whom are presently being within your own body. therefore, to an old quote, "it is not so much death that we fear, rather, it is living the given life that we fear most within our own self". as the self is foreign to us, then it isnt our self that we fear. yet, it is within this self that is within our body that the fear is. we must ask why is this so, and upon looking into this mystery of mysterys, we may find that our self is off-center. being off-center is like one walking a tight wire and they are always feeling the sense of falling as they are pulled by natural forces of their leaning tendencys. this is why the body bears the brunt as it always is fighting for balance.

some good reads on this prolific topic are, if i can recall, written by Sam Keen. Fire in the Belly, another title with "Trapeze" in it. been a long while, years, since i visited his books.

to relieve the body, i would incorporate some core strength building exercises, perhaps some yoga for elasticity (waking the memories of your muscles, tendons and therefore joints). joints are key in regaining body balance, as the brain's sense of balance is continuously wrought through constant 3D mapping of joint movement within place and time [the seventh sense]. and of course the middle ear is important, this having to do with conduited canals running between the ears and the interior of the nasal cavity, if congested (water filled) then the balance is off. this is operably maintained by blocking one nostril while slowly but methodically blowing through the other nostril, and drags/siphons the water from the tube. also, ear candling on the other end at the ear works like a chimney effect pulling through from the nasal cavity. also, utilization of a neti pot to wash the interior nasal cavity with a luke warm saline water solution.

when we are unaware of the body which within we are as self, as the world would have be so, then we emotionally feel like we are within a vehicle someone/thing else is operating. when we take back to receive what is ours alone, just like when as a toddler we crawled till we walked, walked till we ran, ran till we rode a bicycle..etc., then such emotionally charged fears go away.

children are accutely aware/sensitive to their surroundings, people; and when these surroundings are adult persons who should be in control toward the child's best interests, but are not in control. then the child feels emotionally out of control, even feels as if it is the reason from having no experiential data, and only feeling what the emotions inform it of, as it has no mental thought structuring to realize any different. there are good books on this prolific topic, off hand is "Children who carry the family's pain", though that title may be off a bit, but you might get the drift of what to google, if interested.

but it isnt about blaming others, life happens quick, and nobody gets a handbook on being human. it is about you, it is about you sense of inner security, it is about having your rightful balance within a balanced life well lived.

folks will most often focus on any"thing" "other", before they will stop imagining and *actually* enter into them self to in their given day, give *actualized answer*. You are the answer that your self questions for. even still, your self is the answer that you question for.

an example: on an obstacle course we have a 10 inch wide log with a flat side up. in the middle of that flat is a slight groove marking the center at length. the length is about 20 feet long. now, getting a horse up on one end of that log takes patience, but slowly it is done. all four hooves touch that groove as the horse walks the length of that log. this while riding the horse.

also, we have a various sized tires, laying flat of the ground, filled level with gravel, the largest tire is a tractor tire. the object is to get all four hooves inside the tire while sitting atop the horse. step up, stop, step, step, step. if the horse steps off with one hoof, back up a step, till ya got it.

another is a deck/bridge about 20 feet in length, 8 feet wide, the center of which is upon an 10 inch log underneath across the width. step the horse to center, then step back and forth as the bridge/deck move up and down like a teeter totter.

why do all this with a horse? because if you're up on a horse you dang sure dont want to be on an unbalanced horse. and a horse dang sure dont need an unbalanced rider atop it's back. all these exercizes build trust between horse and rider, rider and horse. this is called 'giving a good deal', and what you give you get back in~turn/internally.

just the same as ought be between anyone and them self, and them self and they. always, the object is to couple two as one, in one mind, of one heart, not a tug-a-war of dissimilar agendas. where trust is mutually established and maintained, there is no embalance, unless of course one has an incurable physical/mental handicap/disability, in which case balance may yet be established by the natural compensations afforded to the unnatural disposition. never underestimate the power of nature, even human nature, tenacious to survive, to overcome any obstacle within a best scenario practice given free license (liberty) to grow, and therefore deliver optimal change/redirection. or when your stuck holler out, "Help!", just like noctua_breve indicated.

so, there ya go, my penny's worth. it aint to awful grandiose, nor is it to awful fearful.

much harmony to ya,

Tim
    Last edited by Tutor; 21st August 2013 at 12:25 PM.
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home