Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AP and sexual energy

AP and sexual energy

I am currently abstinent from any sexual activity. I made this decision because I have some blockages that I just couldn't figure out and decided to give myself some space, free from expectations.
    Of course I also have difficult moments where I just feel the energy racing trough my body but my spiritual practice is a very important motivation to keep going.

So therefor the question, does or could abstaining from sex (especially orgasms) stimulate the ability to astral project?
    "If we drop our body, we experience astral body.If we drop our thoughts, we experience “I AM”.If we drop ‘I’, we experience non-duality." ~Thusness

Blog Entries

Re: AP and sexual energy

Orgasm is release of energy and thus you actually lose some energy. There is a type of yoga technique called tantra which uses sexual energy though. It is one of the highest forms of yoga. If you are talking about the sexual energy racing through your body, try to control yourself and move this energy into your head. Focus. It will become mental energy. This will help you get control of that desire. All in all, it could and also it couldn't. It could definitely affect projecting if you think too much about it and it overcomes you so much that it is a stronger desire than astral projecting.

And energy is really important with astral projection right?

I will try to raise this energy to the head, thanks for the advice! I notice that sitting meditation also helps instantly.
    I'm just hoping I can use this situation in a positive way and if it can actually help to achieve astral projection it would be an extra motivation.
    "If we drop our body, we experience astral body.If we drop our thoughts, we experience “I AM”.If we drop ‘I’, we experience non-duality." ~Thusness

Blog Entries

Expectation is a biggie. Note that when certain traditional people want to experience visions or transcendent experiences, they fast and exercise and stay up- all apparent energy draining activities. Yet the experiences are more powerful.
    I think the connection with energy work and sex is more cultural than anything else. -My Opinion.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    I think the connection with energy work and sex is more cultural than anything else. -My Opinion.
    Mine, as well.

I do understand that sex and spending a lot of thought, time, and energy on the subject can be draining, or at least distracting (as can many things). I think the key is focus and attention, rather than sex in and of itself.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

CFTraveler, what do you mean with 'more cultural than anything else'? Do you mean you think there is no actual connection?

And what do you mean by 'biggie'? Sorry, english is not my native language.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spacefrog View Post
    CFTraveler, what do you mean with 'more cultural than anything else'? Do you mean you think there is no actual connection?

And what do you mean by 'biggie'? Sorry, english is not my native language.
    Well, I'm going to speak up here because often I have a different understanding than others which may be equally as valid. I am not young, but when I was, I think I was in much the same situation as yourself, Spacefrog. At the time I was just beginning my eternal journey into the mysteries and what I might learn useful to me. Like you, I swore myself to abstinence - an oath not to release sexual tension by self-satisfaction.

It drove me nuts crazy. The mere glimpse of a girl's knee drove me wild. Eventually I couldn't stand it any longer and, ahem, took care of the situation. It was my experiment in Tantric sex, at least for as long as I was able.
    Perhaps there is some virtue in not 'wasting your seed' but to me, it was a non-issue. Certainly, it didn't improve my energy bodies in terms of meditation or lucid dreaming or astral projection. I did learn at least that from the experiment.

It is important to 'raise your vibrations', to center on the higher aspects of yourself and dampen as much as possible your physical yearnings, but denial is not, imo, really getting you anywhere. As long as you aspire to heightened awareness, then you will progress naturally and all in good time.

I'll also add, that attitudes about sex are quite cultural, however the underlying fact of sex is pretty universal. I'd guess in some general way, Americans are a bit prudish and even twisted (both, because neither is mutually exclusive) compared to other cultures. This is not to disagree with CFT or BW, but a distinction that may be worth noting.

Good luck, Spacefrog

Richard

[edit] I was curious and my intuition was spot on. I wondered about incidents of rape between countries. I had in mind a comparison between U.S. and Sweden, but even I was surprised at the data!

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches...ents-rape-data
    Last edited by eyeoneblack; 29th August 2013 at 08:20 PM.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spacefrog View Post
    I mean that the reason that sex is looked down in spiritual matters is that even though sex is symbolic of union, it is considered 'centered on the body', and in many cultures, the body is considered 'not good' or 'not as good as' the spiritual, whatever that is. In other words, culturally based.
    I can't say that there is no 'actual' connection, since the body, in metaphysics, is the physical expression of the spirit, but the interpretation that is the most established is that sex is somehow 'dirty' (in the west) and a waste of energy in the east, except for physical procreation, which is seen as 'less' than transcendence.
    When I say a biggie, what I mean to say is that expectation creates your experience, and if you've been culturally conditioned to think that sex drains you of spiritual energy, and believe it, then it definitely does.

Quote Originally Posted by E1B
    I'll also add, that attitudes about sex are quite cultural, however the underlying fact of sex is pretty universal. I'd guess in some general way, Americans are a bit prudish and even twisted (both, because neither is mutually exclusive) compared to other cultures. This is not to disagree with CFT or BW, but a distinction that may be worth noting.
    I don't think you're disagreeing at all with what I said, because I do think that sex can be distracting if you feel guilty about it, and the effort necessary to distract yourself from it comes from psychological guilt, induced by society. IMO.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I don't think you're disagreeing at all with what I said, because I do think that sex can be distracting if you feel guilty about it, and the effort necessary to distract yourself from it comes from psychological guilt, induced by society. IMO.
    Agree, I just posted a link as an edit above. I bet you missed it. It's staggering isn't it?
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

as a male at my age, ive learned one thing about abstaining from sex. the prostate aint nuthin to toy around with. is healthiest when abiding with whatever one's natural urge is for frequency of sexual stimulation.

beyond that, ditto to what CFT has stated, guilt and/or shame are the robbers.
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home