Thread: Tried Lucid Dreaming with nicotine patch and woke up with strong vibrations

Tried Lucid Dreaming with nicotine patch and woke up with strong vibrations

I have been trying to astral project for about 3 months now with probably only one remembered success but not consciously projecting. I woke up about 6 weeks ago in the middle of the night floating in the living room near the ceiling. It felt like a dream at first and I thought how cool it was to levitate and slowly fly around the living room and kitchen areas before asking myself if I was actually out of body and that's when I started to wake up. It took a couple of minutes to actually wake up as I felt energy sensations and a strong sense of disassociation with my physical body before I could wake up. Robert Bruce said that it was not unusual for some people to feel the strong disassociation in initial OBEs because the physical mind is not used to it.

Anyway, I had not had success since then so decided to try Lucid Dreaming as an intermediate step. I used a nicotine patch last night for the first time before 4:30am after waking up. I had trouble going back to sleep as my mind was too awake for a couple of hours. After I drifted off to sleep I woke up probably less than an hour later feeling strong vibrations in my upper body and arms, I don't remember if I felt them in my legs or not. I also had a louder ringing in my ears than I have heard before. I never felt strong vibrations before so had thought that I was one of those who don't experience them but this felt very strong.

I think I had partial astral sight as well because I could see my ceiling through my eyelids and sleeping mask but it looked different with some strange purple symbols or objects that I didn't recognize or remember ever seeing and my ceiling is plain white. I tried to will myself up, then tried target techniques to a couple of locations but nothing happened so I tried to just ride it out and hope I exited on my own but the vibrations started to subside. When they disappeared I took my mask off and it was already bright in the room after 7am.

The thing is that I'm not sure if I should use a nicotine patch again because a couple of hours later I felt nauseous and vomited. I had not felt like that in a few years so I checked online for nicotine patch side effects and those were some of the possible side effects. I did not get a lucid dream because I probably stayed awake for too long after applying it but I did get strong vibrations that I did not get before upon waking. I will probably try the nicotine patch again in a few days but if I feel the side effects again then I will probably stop trying them. What do you guys think?

Re: Tried Lucid Dreaming with nicotine patch and woke up with strong vibrations

well, i wrote three differrent replys about what i think. niether of them had anything good to say, so i let em go. guess i'll leave it at that.
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor View Post
    well, i wrote three differrent replys about what i think. niether of them had anything good to say, so i let em go. guess i'll leave it at that.
    Hello Tutor,

I'm guessing that you maybe don't approve of the use of a nicotine patch. If I'm wrong in my guess I apologize. I understand because I wasn't sure myself of a nicotine patch. I never smoked or used drugs, and don't enjoy alcohol so I was unsure myself I should try it because of any potential negative effects. Robert Bruce sent me an attachment regarding Lucid Dreaming written by Mark Vandekeer who recommended a nicotine patch for lucid dreams. Robert himself said that a patch usually helps. I read about other authors on Lucid Dreaming who advised that it helps most people to at least have more vivid if not lucid dreams. I used a medium strength patch and only kept it on for a few hours (it's a 24 hour patch). I think most people wouldn't experience a side effect. I'm hoping that it only happens the first time for me. If it happens again I probably won't try it after that.

Blog Entries

It could be an effect of the nicotine patch itself. Of course the easiest way to have a lucid dream in my opinion is to use an alarm that will wake you up three hours after you sleep. You can immediately go back to sleep after and will remember that you are sleeping. If you had it on a few hours after you had gone to sleep it is possible that the effects were already working and when you woke up you had vibrations. I see that you woke up trembling because of the vibrations and confused which is why you ended up here to post your experience

Blog Entries

Dear vyse:
    When high doses of nicotine are used, hallucinations occur. So even if it did help, any altered-state producing substance would introduce doubt to your experience, because you have no way of knowing if it is artificial, or a genuine projection.
    Anyway, nicotine is dangerous and if misused, can caused health problems- serious health problems.
    Regardless of whatever information you may have received privately, the staff of Astral Dynamics does not promote or condone the use of entheogens, whether legal or illegal.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.