Thread: meeting a friend

meeting a friend

i have a friend that i often meet in dreams on high mountain tops. irl he is off being wild and free, this time, currently exhausting the oregon trail somewhere.

this last dream where he and i met up was humdinger. he ended up detained by two strange fellas, but with his eyes waved me off as if not to know him or be with him. but my eyes gave me away to these two strangers, one of them followed me, stopped me, questioned me about my friend. he told me to sit on this bench while he went back to talk to his partner who was yet with my friend. when the fella returned to me, he passed in front of me and sat on my right, and as i began to talk, he smiled, and stuck a siringe/needle into my right shoulder at my back. as i was talking i was slowly shutting down, last thing i heard him say to me, was, "dont worry, i am saving you from where your friend is being taken to, we wouldnt wish for you to be raped or reaped..."...dunno what that last word was as i was on my way out or in. then i awoke in my bed, and i was so groggy that i could barely move, barely stand up, barely make my way to the bathroom. it took a while for this to wear off, and concerned me. i have no idea what the stranger's last words to me meant.

any interpretations, as this dream has me somewhat concerned....
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Re: meeting a friend

Have you been in contact with your friend since you had this dream?

Your dream prompts several thoughts, don't know if they are helpful or not.
    One, to get the worst out of the way, "reap" makes me think of grim reaper, so links to death.
    Another, is maybe your friend in this dream symbolizes an aspect of yourself who relates to your friend, and the sinister strangers are your fears of what would happen or what you'd deserve if you allowed yourself to express that part of yourself more.
    Or maybe you are picking up on anxieties your friend has regarding where he's headed lately.
    Sometimes I have similar dreams and when I wake up it's hard to not be disappointed in myself for not being more heroic and active. But I suspect that may be part of the lesson.

Re: meeting a friend

the following reads as tmi to me, but i will let her fly..............for now.

No, i havent personally contacted him, tried though, he aint talking and i dont text. I visited with his Mom this last Saturday, she had recent text messages from him. talked to his life long friend that he grew up with, same, recent text messages. seems that my friend has taken temporary employment at a mountain resort, as a guide, also acquiring river guide/rafting experience. he be always chasing the next adrenaline rush, the real "Rambo" story sadly so, but with an ageless soul. he helped me get out of the house, and i help him get out of the woods. homeless vet living in the woods with soft booby traps to at least warn him of intruders. he'd turn his phone on once a week on some ridgeline or peak and call me, then one day i aske him would he talk to my friend who works with the VA with homeless vets, he said yes, i hung up, and she poised...called him. freaked him out, and after he got off the phone with her, he called me back, scared him to death (i guess he thought i was b.s'n. him). but he came home to his mom's house where he grew up. since then he's at least stopped being a soldier holding his woods. yet, he cant be still, always on some adventure. he's also the reason i got me another harley last time he was around, we went and found the one, he test rode it for me, checked it out, ok'd it, and i bought it. i was just too nervous and shaky to pull it off, a huge veil of fear for me, even as i ridden years ago. but now, like yesterday, i rode for hours just as comfortable and confident as i was years ago. so we dare one another to live as we have a right to live. right before he left this last time, he asked me to go with him, but i told him i couldnt right there on his mama's porch. that evening he left, aint seen him since. i am so proud that the has taken employment where he is around regular folks, maybe he will find his niche. he aint to fond of being around people. at my age, looking at him, he being a young man, i see him as a boy who right out of highschool joined up, spent 8 yrs in it, came out with a heap of skills, but no more than the highschool boy having any adult interpersonal skills/experience to deal with folks in everyday life. i am seeing that a lot with these young ones. something wrong with that picture where kids are given such skills, honorably work out their obligations, and then walk out into society with no followup on how they be doing. they end up self-medicating, in jails and prisons, cant pull off relationships, cant focus on classes if they are enrolled in college, homeless...the list is endless. they know me when i walk in at the local university's student vet club, i see their b.s.. and i am strait up with em. our local state university is number one in the nation for veterans enrolled, but the flipside of that is that while the numbers enrolled are high, the success rate's volatility reveals low numbers with class participation, grades and graduation. vets are notorious to give every excuse in the world, but there is real reason behind the stats which follow vets in all realms of society's structured education to employment that is designed for young adults without the baggage that vets come into it with. so, it is quite the challenge to service those who've served. in talking with those higher ups at the university, i feel comfortable that they are doing all that they can to presently help vets, as well as reaching out in many directions for ways toward future understanding and success with vets. like they just acquired a million dollar grant to house or find housing for homeless vets that are interested in attending college, and they are feathering in our horse approach as well. it's hard to tell these kids that as they go they are stomping the flowers in their paths, they really aint got time to care, caring puts ya too damn close to the pain you're already trying to run from. i aint no public speaker, but one on one or a few, i tell em how it is this far out from my service. not just myself, but a growing number of older vets, all of us not wanting to see history repeated in this nation's fast pace with blinders on. the numbers of young vets is huge this time, hard to find anyone who doesnt know at least one vet that they are related to somehow. vets dont talk, they just rub everybody wrong. so, it is a two fold operative: one to help vets succeed as they are in life, and two...to help regular folks acquire some walking around sense about vets and their struggles to fit in or fit back in. folks want the one they knew, not the one that has returned as a stranger even to themselves.

~

your dream analysis sounds right on. i feel to fear for this one, he's seen some trouble since his service, so i worry and pray over it. we were sitting in my pickup truck after testing my harley, and he says to me, "now Tim, i dissapear a lot, but while i am gone i dont want you falling apart to awful far, and when i get back i will call ya, and we'll pick up from there". he's a fine young man. first time i met him was at the horsey thang, i had just gotten on the back of horse at our first meet in the spring, and i was shakey, just shakin all over, and he comes over with concern, helps me calm down, and spent the next hours on the ground around me, helping my best come forward. we been close friends since.

~

aint that pup cute, the runt, so shy, but when ya fool with her she just lights up with love. my pick of the litter out of eight pups.
    Last edited by Tutor; 6th September 2013 at 01:44 PM.
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home