Thread: Copy:Quick intro and a question about past experience

Copy:Quick intro and a question about past experience

Good day all and thank you for this great resource.

I am a beginner at conscious recall of OBE. I recall one short exit, one astral sight experience (recent) and one disturbing nocturnal event from a few years ago. I'd like to ask for ideas on what this experience may have been.

I was asleep on my stomach with my feet hanging off the end of my bed. I remember feeling the covers being lifted off of my feet. I felt cold air moving on my feet and ankles. I then felt someone take hold of my ankles and pull me off the end of the bed. I didn't hit the floor, but floated in the direction I was being pulled. I was pulled into my closet--door was open--and down into a hole that was in the floor of my closet. I remember looking up and seeing the top end of this hole, a circle of light, getting smaller as I was pulled feet first into this long, dark, curving hole. I was moving faster and faster, and was of course terrified. I had the thought that I must be being dragged down into hell (although I'm not really a believer in hell).

the next hing I knew was that I was back in bed, heart pounding out of my chest. Since then I've tried to understand what this was...a dream? Didn't feel like a dream. A few months ago I read an OBE book by William Buhlman, and in it was a description by someone who had a remarkably similar experience except he/she was pulled through a hole in his/her wall rather than floor. (The author offered no theories on most of the experiences he quoted in this book.)

Well that's it. Any ideas out there on who or what would have pulled me down a hole, and for what purpose?

thanks...

Re: Quick intro and a question about past experience

Hi canary girl.
    I'm sure someone here will have some advice for you but if I can relate to being pulled by some unknown scource.
    Was in the early days of OBEs and one early morning after doing energy work felt myself leaving body and walked out of bedroom slowly on to the landing with the intention of floating downstairs when Someone--- Something -- grabbed me by he ankles and flung me through the air like a chicken and I flew through my window and landed outside in the dark.
    This scared me and I brought myself back to body.Didn't know what the heck had happened.
    One suggestion given to me on this site was that it may have been to distance myself from my physical body. Since then I have learned this was a good lesson even though I thought at first this was an attack because it was so real and took me by surprise.
    So what I am saying here is don't be frightened. just go with it and see what happens next. Keep positive thoughts .
    Ps I've had many an OBE by rolling off the bed and going down and down instead of up and up. Forget up and down being associated with heaven and hell.
    Positive frame of mind and just go with what ever help may be offered .
    Sometimes we get a little help when unexpected.

Re: Quick intro and a question about past experience

Oops sorry, could CFT or a mod remove this please . I didn't realise t was on the ask Robert section. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Re: Copy:Quick intro and a question about past experience

I did better and copied it here, since it's something that happens to a lot of us. Not exactly like that, but many of us start conscious exploration by being forcibly dragged out of body and flung out. I know I did, and like susan, also took it as an attack. This in turn made me look into the phenomenon, got me to learn about self defense, and ultimately got me to learn how to induce and control a projection, which changed my experiences completely, and has kept me here in this forum since 2005. So in retrospect, I believe it was a positive, soul-growing experience for me, disguised as a 'lesson in conquering fear'.
    Now there are many theories about this- your own self aspects giving you a 'not so gentle' kick forward, your own subconscious taking form when you are in trance, your own energy taking form because of energy and thought feedback (my favorite) or some sort of guardian, letting you know it's time to do this, for whatever it has to be.
    In my case, I know it was positive, a learning experience. But I didn't get it at first, had to go through some stuff first.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: Copy:Quick intro and a question about past experience

Thanks for the responses. It's a relief being able to describe this experience and have people understand.

Several months ago I took a class on energy healing that was given by a shaman. She mentioned that people occasionally hire her to act as a psychic spy of sorts...she checks on people and spirits and reports back. So I described this event to her. She closed her eyes and asked me to repeat the story so she could visualize it. She said that she saw the 'person' who grabbed me, and it was me. Me with a short, spikey haircut she said. But she was confident that it was "the same energy signature." I had a hard time wrapping my mind around that explanation, thinking, "why would I want to scare myself that way?" So I assumed she was mistaken. But put in the context of your similar stories, it's not so outlandish.