Thread: Warnings before starting MAP?

Warnings before starting MAP?

Recent year, I've been on a spiritual journey and have read quite a bit on various topics related to spirituality/spiritual development. Now I want some hands on personal experience and that's how I came to discover Bruce's MAP, AD, NEW,and this forum.

This forum has been very helpful and there's so much material to parse I don't even know where to begin or what I must read/know. I poked around a bit and every link leads to another link. Fascinating material until I started reading about negs, psychic attacks, demons, possessions (even in babies), etc. It's a bit spooky and I haven't read much about that so far in the MAP program.... so I'm not sure if there's anything I should know/be aware of before I proceed further. I'm on week 3 of MAP.

I suppose I should read Bruce's book on practical psychic self defense, but I'm just wondering why there has been no mention so far in MAP related material regarding something that is very real -- that is, the potential danger of venturing in to the spirit world? Matter of fact, I read that MAP is supposed to be "safe".

Re: Warnings before starting MAP?

Javalinar, you will get some good advice here about protection and what to do but if I can Just add my own way.
    I have no one in my life who gives me grief ( concerns as a parent but that isn't grief.) I am at a happy stage of life with a job I love.
    Your state of mind is important in your experiences.
    I once read a few topics on the NEG forum and had a very disturbing dream that night.Coincidence?
    Take any protective advice that is given to you here but in my opinion I would say stay away from these two sections. Don't read them.They are a wonderful help to those who need advice and have ongoing issues but you may dwell on what you read and fear may set in during an experience.

Blog Entries

Dear javalinar- the reason there are no warnings about 'venturing out into the spiritual world' is because that's not what we are doing- we are becoming conscious of being in the spiritual world. You have vehicles of exploration- physical, astral, mental, etc- and you are already in the physical, astral and mental environments, always. We are multidimensional beings which focus on the physical and mental most of the time, and we teach how to refocus into the astral and mental domains- but it doesn't mean we are going 'somewhere' where we weren't before- we are just doing it consciously.
    Negative entities, whether you believe in them or not, are there regardless of your awareness of them. As susan aptly pointed out, the astral is a thought/emotion sensitive environment, and if you explore it with fear, you will create things to fear.
    The negative beings that you may read about in the PSD forum or the 'psychic security' section of this website (maybe you should read those sections, if this is what you wish) didn't 'show up' as a result of exploration- usually people have problems first, and come to these forums to get information to help them out, and eventually learn some of our disciplines as part of an array of things they can try to help themselves.
    I don't remember if the older versions of MAP have warnings in them, but the newer books have (not about negs, since that is a controversial subject) and this forums do too.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
    Take any protective advice that is given to you here but in my opinion I would say stay away from these two sections. Don't read them.They are a wonderful help to those who need advice and have ongoing issues but you may dwell on what you read and fear may set in during an experience.
    I second that. It's my strategy ever since I am here and started on this journey. It's the best protection actually that you can give yourself. Sometimes I have already enough with reading the subject of a thread in the summary page, knowing I would never click on it. Unless it happened to me, of course. It's important that people affected get good help, but as long as you are not affected as a newbie, don't make yourself get affected by it by showing interest in these topics. Show interest and intent in/for positive experiences and you will have them. Simple as that. All about mindset.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Just wanted to second what CFTraveler said.