Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tempest's Kundalini Log

Tempest's Kundalini Log

I had a strange experience last night. I woke up with all Chakras going nuts, and a spasming around the root (and further back ). Then, I felt a very strong pressure on my coccyx (tailbone) that started moving up. I panicked as I was still partially alseep. I remembered from Robert's workshop that he thought you could stop Kundalini before it started rising. I started concentrating hard on my heart and throat chakras to get the feelings in my root to calm down. It did after a couple of minutes, and I went back to sleep.

I woke up later with the exact same thing happening. I freaked again, thinking, "I don't think I'm ready for this". I also remembered Robert said that once it starts moving, there is no way to stop it. I desperately tried to stop it, and had the same results as before.

Then, I woke up again, same thing. I thought, ok, maybe this is supposed to happen now, and even though I was terrified, I said, "Ok, God and Higher Self, be with me as I'm going to hang on for the ride". The pressure started building really strong, and sure enough, I felt it moving up my spine and also huge pressure in my stomach, just like Robert had said. Then, it fizzled and slowed down. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom, as I realized I hadn't "fasted for a good reason" as Robert had recommended. It then completely stopped.

So, now I'm confused. This acted just like Kundalini as Robert had described, and I had done some extra work on my root chakra as I've had problems with my crown being too open and making me feel all "oooOOOoooooOOOooo". But, if it's true that you can't stop it, what could this have been if not Kundalini?

sash Guest
    I think the actual experience of Kundalini is quite specific, but there are many variations revolving around the experience itself. Perhaps events such as Kundalini spikes are preparation for the full event in the future.
    Usually when you feel it rise naturally it is easier to just let it happen. My interpretation of not being able to stop it is that it will continue to rise throughout your life time once you attempt to rise it once (but you may be able to stop it at that particular moment).
    For instance at these 'subtle' levels I do not mind attempting it because the energy flow is very soft and not intense. However once I think I started the actual process and it sent such a shock of fear into me that I freaked out and it stopped immediately. This was quite intense and I think if you are not ready for Kundalini awakening something like this would frighten you enough to put the process to a halt.
    This is actually quite good progress with energy work on your part, I think as long as you remain aware of any possible danger you will be fine. Perhaps if you continue to stop it this might cause the Kundalini to stop occurring altogether for a period of time (not if you continue doing consistent energy work though).
    However if I had this experience I would allow the process to occur naturally. This is a question of whether you actually want to raise Kundalini or not though.

I'm not sure I want to raise Kundalini at this point, as I don't know enough about it and the consequences right now. Besides just having heard about it, I didn't know anything about it until joining AD. And, the thing that spurred me to join AD was a wonderful/terrifying experience that I had and needed to put a definition to. The experience was incredible, but the aftereffects were fairly devastating, so I don't care to repeat that with Kundalini. *taps foot briskly, "if Robert would just get that book out about Kundalini....*

From what I've read here and heard Robert talk about, I think there's a lot of misinformation out about it. Some of the websites about it look a bit wishful thinking to me, and I'm not sure those people even really know what they are talking about. So, I'm being cautious, but my energy body doesn't seem to want to co-operate. From what I remember Robert saying, once the "main event" starts, there is no stopping it. This didn't feel like a spike. It felt like the big bang, so to speak.

Sash, I don't think I could stop energy body work at this point even if I wanted to. From doing NEW to the healing modalities I'm trained in, half the time, the energy just turns itself on. When I'm hurt (in pain) or see someone who's hurt, it just starts up without any conscious effort on my part. So, are you saying raising K. is a foregone conclusion if I continue running energy?

Question: Is there a chance that Kundalini energy could be mimicked by neg activity? And, if so, is there a way to tell the difference?

sash Guest
    I doubt your particular experience was 'mimicked' by neg activity, that is always a possibility though. The method I would use to check for these signs would be to sense if there is any additional presence in the room at the time.
    It seems to be an event that just happens by itself when a certain critical point is reached, however the more energy work I do the more often I get Kundalini rushes which ultimately increase in intensity. Hence if you continue with energy work I think it is very probable that this will happen sooner or later.
    People tend to stumble upon mistakes when forcing Kundalini directly without any prior energy work. Spontaneous occurrences as a result of energy work appear to have a much lower risk level.

From what I recall Robert said he raised Kundalini first when he had basically no preparation at all, with your experience in energy work the negative effects of the experience should be minimized. (also Robert first attempted this at quite a young age, and later wrote that it is not something that should be tried before 25).
    The general guideline he also gives is that if you are able to achieve astral projection this indicates that it is more likely that you will be able to 'handle' Kundalini.

You have got quite a few questions that would probably fall well into the Ask Robert Bruce forum, he will be able to make a suggestion based on his experience with the subject. If you have particular questions along the way there are others here with experience with Kundalini too that would be able to provide information about the process.
    Researching the subject on Google will provide a significant amount of insight into the process, however there is a lot of misinformation as you said and it is ultimately your own discretion as to what feels like it makes sense and what doesn't.

At the core of the Kundalini process is the transformation of the human being into the spiritual being. Some people advocate all of the risks associated with it, while others think it is a great thing to do without being concerned in the least.
    I think the wisdom is somewhere between these two opinions, since all spiritual growth requires some risk, it is useful to be cautious - but being over-cautious to the point of fear will hinder any possible progress.

Kalonek Guest
    Hi painterhynpogirl,

I know exactly what you felt at this happened to me about 6 or 7 times during the past 3 years.
    My opinion (and from my own experience) is that if kundalini starts rising naturally, then it's that you are ready. Being afraid that you are not ready does not mean that this is true on a higher level. It is just time for things to go on for you, therefore I would advise you to just let it move up when it happens and not let fear or the low opinion of your spiritual development (that you're not ready etc.) be on its way. Juste realize that it would not happen if you were not ready to handle it.

All of my kundalini experiences happened this way, at night, most of the time half in the astral (I had my astral sight activated). Nothing bad occured to me during the following months, it all went smoothly although my primary centres grew in strength as well as my overwhole energy body and what Robert calls "pure energetic functions". It led me to new energetic experiences that would not have been possible without it I guess.

During my first experience of this type, I was dreaming about Robert Bruce () asking me if I wanted to grow spiritually. I said "yes", and immediately woke up totally paralysed, buzzing like hell and I felt something like a child fist knocking me in the groin and moving up my anus ... I was surprised of course, still half asleep, and put all my willpower to stop this energy from going up. It made like a small explosion in my back near my sacred chakra and it burnt in a non-painful way for a few days in this area. I regreted a bit my move afterwards, as it took two years and 1/2 to the kundalini to move slowly to the crown, moving from one chakra to the next one every 3-4 months or so.

So if it happens, I advise you to just let it do its job and only be an observer in the process

EOL007 Guest
    Hi,

I would echo Kalonek's reply.

Have you read El Colle's experience... I for one over the years have found her insight very much some of the most sensible on record:

See: http://www.elcollie.com/index.html

Best,

Stephen

OooOooOoo, Stephen, I was just reading that yesterday. Didn't get past chapter 2 as it's pretty long, but I thought it did make a lot of sense. Added it to my "favorites". It's good to know that you think it's worth looking at.

Kalonek Guest
    Thanks for the link Stephen, I did not know this site.

What I would add is that many people have many different types of kundalini experiences. I know a very gifted girl that had the equivalent of 1 1/2 years of my own kundalini experiences in less than a week, and even felt some unknown energy manifestations to me at this time (kundalini in ida and/or pingala only, and not in sushumna). So just follow your own path here. My advices are only here to share my own experience from a few years back which seems very close to yours (kundalini at night, pressures etc.).

Many people seem to try to make their own and unique spiritual experiences fit into predefined boxes, and even force them to be like what they read sometimes. I don't think it's a very positive in the end. I'd rather let things unfold naturally with confidence, like with your kundalini. Don't start to think about everything you read or you were told about it. It's always good to listen to tradition and the ones that did it before, but it should not be a source of blocage caused by the fear of what you heard. I'm pretty sure that if your kundalini starts to rise, it's that you're ready to recieve it with all its purifying action into your energy body, and your life.

I strongly believe that Robert Bruce has some serious knowledge about it, but his awakening of kundalini wasn't very typical from what I read, he forced it, it was his path. It's not your case, everything seems to happen in its own time for you, so just open yourself to it I guess.

Do not fear your own evolution

Good advice, and really helps with the "Fear Factor", to coin a phrase.

Rayson Guest
    PHG- I know very littler about Kundalini. However, I feel like Robert has said before that sometimes the rising process "stops" at various chakras on the way up, before eventually continuing (as opposed to doing the 3.5 coil thing and making its way up all in one go). Could it be that the kundalini has started rising, but has gone the start-stop, start-stop route instead?