Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Tempest's Kundalini Log

ericbrocks Guest
    some of these experiences sound familiar, i went through a quite painful and extended trip over the last year. Though the body has calmed and there is a newfound sensitivity, the head remains in a state of pressure and heat.. particularly the crown and cerebellum region... any further tips on what if anything could be done about that??

Blog Entries
    Do you practise grounding?
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Tempestinateapot Guest
    In my experience it only goes away if you stop all energy and meditation practices...for as long as it takes. Re-introduce the practices slowly to see how it goes. Of course, if you enjoy the sensations, I wouldn't stop, but I'd take it slowly. I learned the hard way. Those enjoyable sensations can get out of control and make you feel like the world is spinning and doing crazy things. Doesn't blend well with functioning on a physical level. After 2 and a half years, about the only effects I have left are hearing things fully awake similar to what one hears upon OBE exit...music, voices, gonging, etc. My husband thinks I'm bonkers.

ericbrocks Guest
    thanks for that link...

haven't really "practised" anything of that sort consciously, except breathing, meditation, physical exercise, biking, swimming... i've heard of energy but the whole "serpent fire" thing is new to me, eventually came across it in an attempt to figure out whats been going on....

i have noticed recently that if i put attention on the feet, it's as if the sensation extends below the floor or surface, varied surfaces feel different.. the effect is definitely more pronounced in natural environments, which i've been seeking out, because they feel better.

Are these post suggesting that the ground can absorb excess energy.. like a battery??? is this akin to grounding exercise? Would it take some of the pressure off the head??

Just today i was thinking that i one were to extend an imaginary finger down, through the center of the earth, it would eventually be moving up... so which way is up and which way is down?? lol...

Blog Entries
    Are these post suggesting that the ground can absorb excess energy.. like a battery??? is this akin to grounding exercise? Would it take some of the pressure off the head??
    Yes and yes.
    Williams)

ericbrocks Guest
    thanks for the replies so quickly...

Havent really done any meditation exercises for a while.. last few years it was just sort of happening naturally throughout the daily activities...

The worst of the effects would go away in time, allowed to do their own thing. Trying to control it actually made things worse, but then again, i had no idea what was really going on. It was like raw heat, raw emotion, without any rational point of focus. Bonkers!! Taking naps seems to help. Sounds like a very good idea to try the grounding. Thanks

niki123 Guest
    please delete.

Blog Entries
    So, Niki 123, what have you done about this? Are you certain it's linked to your energy work and it's nothing to do with depression?
    Williams)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by niki123
    Wow, I've been feeling detachment lately a lot.My children say something and I don't care but I fake that I am angry for their sake so that they may listen and learn but I don't care about anything.I think my son sees through my detachment because he said to me today that I look like I don't care.This would have hurt a lot before but now, I just don't care.I stopped doing so many things like watching tv or listening to the radio and sewing , embroidery and reading books that I feel like I have no purpose anymore.I have to take a nap everyday and it has to be quiet in the house or I get headaches and I also get them when I go outside.I can feel when there's someone upset nearby because I get sick and I get headaches.I forgot to mention that I don't like loud music at all.
    niki123,

detachment is not like "not caring". Detachment is like observing the emotion still happening, but assigning less importance to it. What you are describing - caring less, feeling unfeeling, getting tired, changing behavioural patterns - this sounds more like depression, not like detachment at all.

Detachment involves full knowledge of what's going on, not being oblivious or unfeeling. You have to have something to observe or let go of for it to be detachment. The alleged depression may indicate a spiritual crisis where you long for personal evolution and learning to be really detached, but to me it does not sound like you are already there.

Take good care,
    Oliver