Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My young child's reoccurring nightmare...

My young child's reoccurring nightmare...

...has me stumped.

I have a 6 year old boy, and twice in the last five days he's dreamt of a giant dismembered foot. In the first dream he said the foot is kicking some dream characters in the rear end. In last nights' dream this dismembered foot steps on his face. Now - he says this foot is gross and bloody like a zombie foot and he specifically mentioned it smelled and was covered by gnats.

This is not a standard variety nightmare in my estimation. Any insights would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Re: My young child's reoccurring nightmare...

Has he seen something like it in a cartoon or other such thing? I used to have nightmares about the Michelin Man (he's freaky, admit it!) and about the SAC emblem (I'm a U.S. Air Force brat). See image to understand why I found it disturbing as a child. Once I had a nightmare about the Michelin Tire Man having that gauntleted fist full of lighting, even.

sac_cyber.jpgFM_TheMichelinCompany.jpg

And by the way, people always laugh when I tell them how freaky I found the Michelin Man, like, oh, ha ha, how could that scare you? But it did. I was a little kid. A mummy-like pile of tires walking around and talking was (and is) freaky.

This is from 1898, but still:

429px-Michelin_Poster_1898.jpg

My point here is that all KINDS of stuff gets into kids' heads. When I heard of a giant foot stomping on things, I actually thought of the opening credits of Monty Python's Flying Circus. It's a pretty funny animation, that, but to a little kid.... Not that I'm saying your child has been watching MPFC, but there are all kinds of ways to get weird images into your head.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

That's funny, that's what I thought too (the Monty Python's foot) when I read this. Is he in first grade? I wonder what images he's seen that would associate that way- or what words he's heard- kids make interesting associations, I used to dream of flying fish all the time, for example.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Hard to say - 1st grade yes. Its Halloween soon and its also the time of year where we get gnat swarms... no flying circus that I know of lol

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Hi Dreamweaver,

If the dreams persist, there are a couple surprisingly helpful practices you can experiment with. First, put a glass of cold water below the bed at night and empty in the morning. Rinse cup well. Admittedly, this sounds like a bit of hoodoo, and it is, but it's hoodoo that's worked well for me so I'm passing along. The second is placing an egg somewhere by the bedside with your child's name written on it. The egg can be left a few days unless it cracks open. Both eggs and water collect energy that may disturb sleep. If you'd like to read more, I recommend this great little work:

http://www.amazon.com/Spiritual-Clea...clearing+draja

Soul...
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

I've done the water thing before (my mom used to do it) and still will do things like that if I feel the need.
    FWIW.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

I was surprised at how effective the water trick worked first time I tried it. My dreams seemed to take on a smooth, almost pleasant feel to them and so I still put the glass out every now and then.

The eggs are even more interesting, IMHO. I've developed some arthritis in my left wrist from computer work. So I'll roll an egg over the wrist for about fifteen minutes while imagining the egg absorbing the pain. That buys me at least three to four hours of complete relief every time. Placebo? Perhaps.

Handy little things, eggs, and taste good with tons of cheese and Tabasco!

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

The egg thing is ancient. Egyptians had that particular magick. You magickally transfer the pain, illness, bad luck, whatever to the egg. I can't remember the rest of the ritual, but if memory serves me, you then buried the egg. It's perfect sympathetic magick.

And what's wrong with placebo, anyway? Placebo means you achieve healing (or some other positive change) because you believe you will. I can't see any problem with that.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Thanks everyone for the input - I may seal his room if it continues and try your suggestions. BW, I am also an Air Force brat - my dad was stationed at a SAC base in the 70's... Hickam HI.

Well. Re my son's dream, today I've been researching a horrific and emergent addictive substance, as it came up in group discussion today, and found myself looking at pictures of rotting gangrenous feet - one of which was being surgically dismembered.

Horrible, hellish, and I'm thinking my little boy is picking up on my mental content. I am astonished.