Thread: Got so close to an OBE - Heart rate increased 30 bpm

Got so close to an OBE - Heart rate increased 30 bpm

Hey everybody, so I wanted to share an experience I had today to see if anyone had any insights or advice. So for the last year or so, Ive been practicing meditation, NEW energy work, and trance work for 30-60 min daily. It has been an amazing journey. Earlier today I was meditating in the trance state and decided to try to go for an out of body exit, which I have not yet been successful with. I tried using a technique where I imagined myself standing, walking through the wall to go outside and blasting off like a rocket and imagined galaxies and stars blurring past me. I could feel it putting incredible pressure on my energy body. All of a sudden my trance deepened considerably and I felt really heavy exit sensations. My brow and heart were pulsing like crazy and I had full vibrations. I felt as though it was increasing and that the experience was taking control. This lasted for a short while. It was such a crazy visceral sensation. Now I didn't actually leave my body but I know I was right on the edge.

Now the interesting thing is that my fitness tracking watch shows my heart rate and when I looked at it, it was up to about 97 bpm which is way higher then when I meditate normally. So It got me wondering, when the pounding heart sensation happens with exit symptoms, can it actually raise the heart rate slightly? Or could this be more of an issue of tensing up/slight anxiety and adrenaline which I definitely felt to some degree. I think maybe I was just overwhelmed by how intense the sensations were, though now I know what to expect for my next attempt which is definitely a good thing. It was so much more intense then I expected but also so encouraging that I got so close. Thanks everyone!

Blog Entries

Re: Got so close to an OBE - Heart rate increased 30 bpm

It seems like either a huge adrenaline rush, or an energy rush That's just my opinion. You be the judge of what it really was. That is awesome though. May I ask, how long are you able to sit in meditation? It is good to keep a healthy 30 minutes while also extending time up to 3 hours for the tranquil state. Let that experience encourage you further and keep trying!

Blog Entries

I can relate to this when having been in deeper transe states. One time I also got higher pulse from the excitment of the situation. This should'nt be confused, IMO, with the chakra pulsating though. Its natural to get uber excited about something this cool. Pretty nice you did the experiment with the fitness tracking watch.

PhaseshiftR Guest

Congrats!

I can tell you from experience that the sensations are not your physical heart beat. It's actually your heart chakra. However, when I first got those sensations it did trigger some fear because it was so abnormal and new to me. The sensations did give me some anxiety which shot up my heart rate a little bit. It's very normal. Now I just buzz out of my body with no anxiety at all. I actually love the feeling now.

Good luck, and safe travels!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseshiftR View Post
    Congrats!

I can tell you from experience that the sensations are not your physical heart beat. It's actually your heart chakra.
    Even though heart chakra activity is common in the beginning of this work, and he was using a very stressful exit technique, he recorded the heart rate change in his sports equipment, so in this case it was his heart.
    I would keep an eye on that and have someone monitor him when he tries to exit, to see if it was just momentary excitement or something else. I had that happen once (my husband monitored me) and it turned out to be a little heart issue I was having, which cleared up right away.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.