Hello Robert!
I just completed your RK videos, and have been engaging in some of your practices during a weeklong year-end retreat. I've also been devouring your books in the last few weeks.

Firstly, I want to thank you for making this material available. Clearly you have learned from a lot of personal trial and error, in addition to intensively researching the practices of various traditions. I laughed out loud when you talked about 'leveling the playing field'. Good for you man! There's a lot more I could say about this, but it might not be the right time and place for that. So all I will say right now is THANKS!

A bit about me … I have a 20 year background in Buddhist practice. I am starting to teach meditation now. My own practice is a mix of 'insight' practice, tibetan energy practices, and a little (completion stage) tantra. I'm very interested in Tibetan 'dream yoga' practice and lucid dreaming, but have never had success in maintaing awareness while falling asleep. I do have lucid dreams, however. I believe the 'OBE' phenomena is talked about in the Tibetan practices on dream yoga, but they just don't call it that. If there is one thing I really want to learn from you, it is how to maintain awareness while I fall asleep and during the sleep and dream periods. (Affirmation: I am a person who maintains awareness during sleep and dreams!)

So, my question / challenge is this:
You talk about the importance of deep trance, ie. being able to maintain a deep state of relaxation/stillness/mind-without-thought-words.
Then you have the energy practices that get the subtle body moving and opened. I am getting the 'waves of bliss' and all manner of interesting sensations in all the chakras. I am somewhat familiar with these kind of phenomena, but your practices definitely raise things a few notches!

What I am finding challenging is striking the right balance. Strong moving energy is not so conducive to 'mind-without-thought-words'. If fact, it seems like my mind is generating copious fantastic ideas at an astonishing rate, as if my creative self has gotten a whole lot more amperage to work with. So in this state, the meditation practice of letting go of thoughts and being the 'still pond' is not so easy.

Any suggestions you can offer would be appreciated.

With love,
SpaceEagle