Thread: The Consequences of Unintentional Shaktipat?

1. The Consequences of Unintentional Shaktipat?

Can you speak a bit on Shaktipat; can it lead to sustained awakening?
    Last edited by TheFifth; 7th January 2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: personal

Re: The Consequences of Unintentional Shaktipat?

Shaktipat is the Eastern term for a transfer of spiritual energy, usually performed between a teacher and a student. The idea of this is, as far as I can ascertain, to provide temporary Chakra activations in the student, so the student can gain experience. This act is also sometimes used to tip a student over the edge, so to speak, to a higher general energy level. So in that sense, yes, it can lead to sustained awakening if the student is ready.

This act can also cause something like kundalini psychosis, if the student has unexplored trauma memories and other such issues that might be awakened through a higher level of energy. This is, i think, the actual cause of kundalini psychosis, where 'core images' are activated through the massive energies released by raised kundalini. This also explains why only some people experience psychosis type problems after raising kundalini.

The Core Image work method given in my book, The Practical Psychic Self-Defense Handbook, and the first edition, is an excellent way to search out and dismantle energy body structures that might cause problems during raised kundalini. Core Image work is, essentially, a self healing method that allows you go come to grips with things that might be hidden in the energy body and its chakras. These structures have physical placement, and are often activated accidentally during body work, such as energy healing, massage, acupuncture, etc.

robert