Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Movie: "The Secret"

guideforce Guest
    HAHA just the other day my day started ♥♥♥♥e. My partner and bubz were all getting ready for the zoo. It was raining in the morning but then the sun came out so we decided to go. Then i started getting angry because we were all running late. We went to wait for the bus to take us to the train station so we could get there early and not have to take the car to find parking. Well we missed the bus so it took us 30 mins to walk to the station even more frustrated and angry i got. Then next to the station we bought some food to take with us,which made us miss our train. We had to wait 40 mins for the next one. Then it takes about 1hr for us to get into the city only to find the station we were meant to get off, the train went passed it. So another 30 mins lost in waiting for another train to take us back. Then when we walked to catch a ferry to the zoo in sydney harbour the rain poured like crazy and we got drenched. Then the sun came out again and when we paid an arm and a leg for the zoo ticket most of the animals were put away in confinement because of the rain so ourhighlight of the day was the ferry ride. The only animals we got to see were the giraffes, seals and lions. We look back it and laugh about it now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guideforce
    HAHA just the other day my day started ♥♥♥♥e. My partner and bubz were all getting ready for the zoo. It was raining in the morning but then the sun came out so we decided to go. Then i started getting angry because we were all running late. We went to wait for the bus to take us to the train station so we could get there early and not have to take the car to find parking. Well we missed the bus so it took us 30 mins to walk to the station even more frustrated and angry i got. Then next to the station we bought some food to take with us,which made us miss our train. We had to wait 40 mins for the next one. Then it takes about 1hr for us to get into the city only to find the station we were meant to get off, the train went passed it. So another 30 mins lost in waiting for another train to take us back. Then when we walked to catch a ferry to the zoo in sydney harbour the rain poured like crazy and we got drenched. Then the sun came out again and when we paid an arm and a leg for the zoo ticket most of the animals were put away in confinement because of the rain so ourhighlight of the day was the ferry ride. The only animals we got to see were the giraffes, seals and lions. We look back it and laugh about it now.
    The Law of Attraction in Action- or Wait 'til something happens before getting p.o.'d- 'cause the Universe will accomodate you.Beautiful example, guideforce.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Willowy Guest
    I watched this movie with a friend yesterday, based on the recommendation here. I really enjoyed it, well worth watching.

OmegaWolf Guest
    I watched the movie online the other day on YouTube or Google Video. I was expecting a bunch of new age happy talk, but after watching it I thought it was good. In fact it is very much in line with the great teachings of the Buddha and others.

If you can get over the slick presentation and mass marketing feel it is a great movie.

I now get the feeling that there will be more of this type of thing in the future as a large segment of the public has an appetite for it (New Age megachurches, anyone?)

Also if teachings such as these become popular I would expect a natural conflict with Christian (and other) fundamentalist's who tend to perceive non-religious spiritual teachings as "evil".

My 2 cents. . .

Dsmoke Guest
    I should mention that if anyone started to watch it and got turned off by the focus on material wealth, sit through it a bit longer - they only focus on that at first because that's what your average Joe is longing for. After a little while, they focus on a more spiritual approach. I enjoyed this movie a lot!

Willowy Guest
    Just an FYI, Oprah is featuring The Secret, Thursday, Feb 8th.

Appearing with Oprah will be Michael Beckwith, Jack Canfield, Lisa Nichols, James Ray and Rhonda Byrne, Executive Producer of The Secret.

Rayson Guest
    The Oprah episode was interesting, especially because when you heard these people speak, you noticed that they were saying that there's a lot more to fully understanding and applying the Secret than just the law of attraction.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest
    I just watched The Secret over the weekend with some friends... great stuff, I think. I'm not entirely sure, because we kept ending up in deep discussion of some point of the material while the movie was still going. Need to see it again methinks, but the parts I actually caught were very good, lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayson
    The Oprah episode was interesting, especially because when you heard these people speak, you noticed that they were saying that there's a lot more to fully understanding and applying the Secret than just the law of attraction.
    But if you extrapolate the other 'laws', they really boil down to letting your higher self call the shots. In other words, aligning your outer consciousness with your higher consciousness, maximizing benefits for all. I hope most people get this- the world would be so improved (my opinion, of course).

Blog Entries

The Oprah show

I enjoyed it immensely- It was like watching an 'expanded version' of it. I hope in the future they include it in the 'extras' feature of the "Secret" cd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast