Thread: Employing psychic powers for political purpose

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Employing psychic powers for political purpose

You did not hit any nerv in me only I am happy you brought this subject up, thank you
    You are such a sweet spirit, IA.

we are week and seek after to be rich...and as long as this part is alive in us..we can be bought with right sum of Money or other items´s we want...as payment for cruelty to be done...
    This hits a HUGE chord in me. Lately I have been realizing that not only in terms of money....but on every level...that darkness can only use two things against me: what I want, and what I don't want. Those are its primary weapons.

In short, when someone seeks to manipulate me, that's what they generally use. Pain/pleasure, fear/comfort, anger/addiction, scarcity/need-and-greed....even classic "hurt-and-rescue"....the dyad comes in different forms. And it is darkness that seeks to manipulate: good does not. If I want to be free from darkness, then I need to penetrate the fog and confusion and wanting and aversion, which are all tied together.

I think that's what the Buddha taught, but my brain's very fuzzy. He called the wants/not wants clinging and aversion, right?

And the Buddha was a peaceful man.

I have to apologize to Eyeoneblack. I have taken this thread far afield. I'll leave it for now. When I've slept well it'll be easier to stay on-topic, and I'll be back.

- Seeuzin
    Last edited by Seeuzin; 9th February 2014 at 02:37 PM.