Thread: Ancient book on magic depics kundalini

Ancient book on magic depics kundalini

This ancient book was just posted in an article online.

http://theappendix.net/blog/2014/1/t...-enlightenment

I really enjoy the symbolism of kundalini and the serpent rising.

Blog Entries

Re: Ancient book on magic depics kundalini

Very interesting. There's something familiar in one of them, I may have seen this before.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Have you seen this one. Had it some years - Amazon shows it used for $40. Wow, I didn't spend near that I'm pretty sure. Seems to be a resurgence of interest in my old stuff !
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

A great many ancient and medieval mystical sources have descriptions that are essentially Kundalini. The experience of the phenomenon is universal (though apparently rare). The trouble is that most sources necessarily describe and cloak the experience in their own cultural and religious and other framework, so unless you're aware of what you're looking at, it's easy to miss.

Jewish canon (i.e., the "Old Testament") has a lot of references to being purified by metaphorical fire, for example. And early Christianity is rife with references to being "reborn" and "baptised by fire" and, of course, the Holy Spirit is characterised as a flame. These are only a couple of examples from ancient texts. There are plenty more from later texts, as well, and not just Judaism/Christianity (I gave Christianity as an example because it's the one with which I am most directly familiar, but I've seen references in many other sources I've looked at). There are references in Islam (particularly Sufi) if you know what you're looking at, and Hinduism (obviously). Not sure about Buddhism, but given the huge variety in Buddhism, I wouldn't be surprised if one branch or another has something along these lines. Oh, and now that I think of it, Zoroastrianism has a very, very strong association with fire, but I don't know the particulars. Perhaps I'll research that at some point, because now I'm curious....

In other words, it is my scholarly and experiential opinion that the phenomenon known popularly now as Kundalini (that being Hindu in origin) is actually universal. You find it in mystical writings of all sorts.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

The book isn't actually ancient. Ancient by definition must be millenium old
    not centuries old i.e. before the fall of Rome or before the birth of Christ.

And it does not appear to be black magick due to the latin prayers evoking the Holy Trinity, the calling of the corners and the imagery .

The Key to Hell appears to be an Ascension Alchemy text imho . Perhaps, the name means that the key opens the door of Hell to escape from it or to rescue /release another from it; to unlock the door and leave.

The four entities are kings of the cardinal corners. This is a protection prayer and a blessing.

The animals are a tetrapolar set
    lion fire
    crow air
    serpent water
    bear earth

The crown on the white serpent over the Christian Cross is an archetype for Christ the K

The first being named is a Goetic form and has by definition an archangelic aspect and a demonic aspect. One of its names is the King of Angels of the Air.

"The Black Crow sometimes also the Raven is the beginning of the great work of soul alchemy.

This indicates the initial stages of the alchemist's encounter with his inner space, through withdrawing from the outer world of the senses in meditation, and entering what is initially the dark inner world of the soul. Thus this stage is also described in alchemical texts as the blackening, the nigredo experience, and it is often pictured as a death process, as in the caput mortuum, the deaths head, or as some alchemical illustrations show, the alchemist dying within a flask. Thus in the symbol of the Black Crow we have the stepping out in consciousness from the world of the physical senses the restrictions that bind us to the physical body.http://www.levity.com/alchemy/alcbirds.html"

This particular black bird is carrying a golden flower with golden leaves to the king. This is a symbol of the Great Work of the Sun.

The next being listed is the ouroboro an ancient archetype depicting union, reunion, kundalini , cosmic necklace of stones/ larger energy centres . Red is the colour of earth and the inner red demons of Seth.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros‎

The final page is an evocation and closing; calling for protection in the name of the Holy Trinity ; Father , Son, Holy Ghost.

Edit; Additional thoughts. Sometimes a ceremonial text is steeped in mysterious dark archetypes to seem more important, or to ward off newbies, or because the author is copying earlier ideas and has no clue. For example the grimoires are largely incorrect in their interpretation of an almost entirely male set of demonic spirits. The Goetia are both gendered and these are not entirely demonic but wear the guise of the demon to punish the wicked and wear the guise of the angel to teach the deserving , the penitent and humble.

I agree that the book presents as a dark book of spells but it is actually teaching alchemical ascension at least from the samples provided. And it is aligned to Christian Mysticism and evokes angels and the Holy Trinity , not something evil doers choose to do, hey?
    Last edited by Aunt Clair; 18th April 2014 at 08:49 AM.
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~