The energy field that covers the surface of the earth is created by lightening strikes. If lightening ceased to strike the planet, if would fade away within an hour, I have been told by scientists.

Just because you walk on the surface does not mean you are electrically grounded, even if you are barefoot. Many soil and rock types are not conductive to electricity. Dry sand, for example, and rock, and concrete, are not conductive.

The energy field I speak of here can be said to float just above the surface of the earth.

If humans walk barefoot on electrically conductive surfaces, grounding is achieved and neg energies will begin to dissipate. Long term connection in this way will help remove the bulk of common neg attachments.

However, when negs are more firmly attached, they move into the physical body and connect internally, to physical tissue, organs, and to the chakras. They are then partially shielded from common electrical grounding. Again, long term grounding will damage neg placement and slowly drain their energies. This is why 'sleeping earthed' is so helpful.

Yes, a quality of grounding is needed here and the stronger the grounding the larger the effect. For example, finding a dry stream bed that is damp, and where water is flowing beneath the ground, provides powerful grounding. Bury yourself up to the neck in such sand for some hours and the grounding effect will be greatly increased. (this is an ancient method for removing neg attachments).

When negs hitchhike with people to cross running water fields and strong grounding, they either move inside people, or move up on the surface of people's skins. What happens would depend on the strength and experience of the neg, and of the state of the person involved.

I have only scratched the surface.

There is much room for experimentation here.

robert