Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chakra Color

1. Chakra Color

The traditional descriptions of the Chakras as we most know them to be follows the colors of the rainbow. However, as I continue to read more from multiple sources, I notice different descriptions among writers. For instances:

Elizabeth Clare Prophet's description:

Crown: Yellow
    Brow: Green
    Throat: Blue
    Heart: Pink
    Solar Plexus: Purple and Gold with Ruby Flecks
    Sacral: Vibrant Violet
    Base: Pure White

Tom DeLiso of Wisdomsdoor.com (http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/ck/chakra_des.shtml):

Crown: predominately violet in color except for the central whirlpool which is similar to golden sunlight
    Brow: dark blue with or without violet and sometimes with pink-rose color coming from it
    Throat: Predominately blue but with alternating blue and green sections
    Heart: Golden in color but many times can dip in various shades from golden yellow to pink or light orange
    Solar Plexus: various shades of red but also has random spokes that are green
    Sacral: This chakra has 6 spokes each of which are a different color: red, orange, yellow, green. blue, violet
    Base: red and dark-orange in hue

Master Choa Kok Sui of pranichealing.com:

Crown: the 12 inner petals contain predominantly golden prana, and the 960 outer petals contain light violet, blue, yellow, green, orange, and red pranas.2
    Brow: The ajna chakra has ninety six petals, and has two divisions, each having forty eight petals. In some persons, one division is predominantly light yellow, and the other division is predominantly light violet. Others have whitish green in one division and light violet in the other. The predominant color pranas in the ajna differ from person to person, and the colors change according to a person’s psychological state.
    Throat: predominantly blue prana with some green and violet pranas.
    Heart: The front heart chakra contains golden and light red pranas. The back heart chakra contains golden, red, orange, and yellow pranas. The slight difference in appearance between the front heart chakra and back heart chakra, however, is that the front heart chakra contains more golden prana with some light red prana.
    Solar Plexus: contains red, yellow, green and blue pranas. It also contains a little of orange and violet pranas.
    Sacral: Contains red prana of two different shades, and orange prana
    Base: Contains red and orange prana...contains very minute amount of unnoticeable yellow prana

Could anyone out there explain why this may be?

Blog Entries

Well,

I can give it a crack: The traditional color spectrum of the chakras (from the bottom up) red, orange,yellow, green, blue(s) violet and gold or white are given because red (the bottom part) is the slowest color of the rainbow (infrared is invisible, although slower) and as it goes higher the frequency rises, until you get to violet (crown) and then of course ultraviolet (which is invisible, too fast for our eyes) which is often depicted as gold or white, depending on who you read.
    The other depictions of chakra colors are probably as the person sees them clairvoyantly, and there you have the differences- although there may be other reasons (cultural preference) why they depict them this way- they may have different symbolism regarding color as it relates to the characteristics of the chakras themselves.
    If you're clairvoyant (who sees color, I have seen chakras but as light intensity and not color) go with what you see- other than that, I like the old 'rainbow method', because it is very symbolic and easy to remember.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Re: Chakra Color

I found this on Astral Projectors (FB). It is to represent the colors of 'orbs', but I found it was also true of chakras plus some. Notice Scarlet Red (1st) Orange (2nd) Gold (3rd) Emerald Green (4th) Pilot Light Blue (one of the blues) 5th Indigo (6th) and White (7th)

Scarlet Red
    - Strong willpower, over-inflated ego, pompous, survival oriented, realistic
    Dark Red - Anger, pain, psychological impairment
    Deep Red - Short-tempered, stress, restlessness
    Vermilion (Clear Red)
    - Creative, powerful, energetic, competitive, passionate
    Light Pink - Sensitive, compassionate, affectionate, true love, openness
    Salmon Pink - Immature, dishonest
    Orange-Red - Confident, healing energy
    Orange
    - Strong motivation, healthy, adventurous, courageous, outgoing
    Peach - Caring communicator, ability to comfort
    Amber - Strong and courageous
    Orange-Yellow - Optimistic, scientific, intelligent, perfectionist
    Pale Yellow
    - Shyness, optimistic, hopeful
    Lemon Yellow - Strength of direction, fearful of loss
    Yellow
    - Caution, warning
    Buttercup - Focused on a course of action (determined), inspired
    Mustard - Manipulative, overly analytical, making up for lost time
    Gold- Higher level of consciousness, wise, protective, enlightened, tolerance, free-flowing energy
    Apple Green - Friendly, communicative
    Yellow-Green
    - Liar, cheater, dishonesty
    Olive Green - Miserly, Scrooge-like
    Emerald Green - Healer, teacher, love-centered person, fertility
    Forest Green - Jealous, low self-esteem, overly sensitive
    Turquoise
    - Therapist, communicative, sensitive, amusement, neutrality
    Sky Blue (Light) - Strong instinct, intuitive, peaceful, truthful, tranquility
    Pilot Light Blue
    - Shielding, protective
    Cobalt Blue - Intuitive in a higher dimension
    Royal Blue- Knows their chosen path, generous, highly spiritual
    Navy Blue - Shyness, slow yet safe and sure, fearful of truth or being one's self, survival instinct
    Indigo - Strong psychic ability, intuitive, deep-feeling
    Lavender
    - Daydreamer, visionary, spiritual peacefulness
    Violet - Sensitive, wise, intuitive, idealistic, seeking spirituality
    Grape - Laziness
    Dark Purple - Stored information
    Mauve
    - Humble
    White - Pure, transcendent, often a new un-designated energy, high frequency, protective, shielding

Silver - Linked to spiritual realm, spiritual and physical abundance, nurturing, telekinetic energy
    Gray - Feeling trapped
    Payne's Gray - Depressed, fearful
    Black- Tortured, abused, unreleased grief
    Raw Sienna
    - Poor thinking processes, insecure, stressed
    Chocolate Brown - Environmentalist, common sense, connected to the earth

http://ghostpro.org/orbcolors.html
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Trabzon, Turkey(Not the kind you eat :P )

I think this also can be true for auras, in my example, violet is the predominant color of my aura, and at least several traits in violet's definition are a part of what kind of a human I am.
    Be in peace and love in all lives.
    Be safe in all ways.
    Be well and cheerful at all times.
    Be helpful and compassionate to all others.
    This is the best wish that I can wish for myself and you.
    Live well and have fun!
    With my love and blessings,
    TheSingular

I hereby choose to evolve myself to something better than what I am now and help others do just that. For a better Humanity, and a better Universe!

Positivity ROCKS!!!

Blog Entries

Violet! What a wonderful thing. Nobody's ever read my aura and if were to guess - well, I'd be a fool to try. I can think of colors that it's NOT, attributes I certainly don't exhibit. Like maybe Lemon Yellow. I don't have any idea really.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Trabzon, Turkey(Not the kind you eat :P )

One person did read mine actually but he didn't tell me the color, though he did indeed tell me stuff about myself. All was correct, I just didn't think if them that was, except the foretells about future, which the time for is definitely yet to come.

It was thanks to my own clairvoyance that lets me see parts of human auras which takes a some time to actually see it for me. Not too much, but it makes it almost impossible to see the aura of other people if they move around too much. For me, it was fairly easy to attain this much clairvoyance, (a few practice sessions over several days) but I'm not sure if further development of this will be equally easy.
    Well, I didn't get the chance to get someone sitting or standing in front of me with or without clothes so I don't know how much I could really progress or not. They tend to move before I could get a good look and even the slightest movement breaks it and it happens again and again.
    Be in peace and love in all lives.
    Be safe in all ways.
    Be well and cheerful at all times.
    Be helpful and compassionate to all others.
    This is the best wish that I can wish for myself and you.
    Live well and have fun!
    With my love and blessings,
    TheSingular

I hereby choose to evolve myself to something better than what I am now and help others do just that. For a better Humanity, and a better Universe!

Positivity ROCKS!!!

Blog Entries

Just a quick note that Chakras are potentially infinite.

From the point of view that all of time is simulataneous, chakras exist in and out of bodies, as well as probable selves from parallel universes, and of course simultaneous incarnations.

I tend to focus on 10 particular chakras at present, being the 7 in our bodies you see on most charts, the one below our feet (earth chakra) and the two above our head (spirit and higher self).

chakras.jpg

As far as colours go, well I don't "see" them, I just feel them, so in my mind colour is not important.

However, the various books I have read over the years show wild discrepancies about what colour this or that colour is "supposed" to be. To me, it seems to be very culture specific.

Also, what happens if someone is blind? The colours would of no use to them.
    They only exist as colour when we choose to see them that way, in view, they are just energy centres. I don't trust most literature on this topic, but I do trust my own experiences.
    “Vision without action is daydream.
    Action without vision is nightmare.”
    —Japanese Proverb

Blog Entries

Yes, I spent some years in Kriya Yoga and they recognize two intermediary levels/chakras above the crown and then the 3rd is the Buddha level. Above that the Godhead and then White Island and on and on.

As far as I'm concerned it's pretty arbitrary, but it helps to have some idea of an ascending ladder.

I don't trust most literature on this topic, but I do trust my own experiences.
    I don't trust jack except for my experience. But something to focus the imagination on is helpful.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

I don't trust jack except for my experience. But something to focus the imagination on is helpful.
    Same here. Striving for 'The path of the master'.

Also, what happens if someone is blind? The colours would of no use to them.
    They only exist as colour when we choose to see them that way, in view, they are just energy centres. I don't trust most literature on this topic, but I do trust my own experiences.
    Yes, good point and the same as what Tom Campbell think about it all when interviewed by Robert Bruce. Although applying color to them helps me target and individualize the chakras I believe it is unnecessary, and you can just 'feel' them without adding color to them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTraveler View Post
    Same here. Striving for 'The path of the master'.

Yes, good point and the same as what Tom Campbell think about it all when interviewed by Robert Bruce. Although applying color to them helps me target and individualize the chakras I believe it is unnecessary, and you can just 'feel' them without adding color to them.

Also, Chakras are traditionally known as "swirling vortexes", or spirals, so if you like visuals...
    http://www.paulcheksblog.com/underst...vortex-energy/

vortex_art.jpg

Personally, while I use visualisation for many other purposes (mainly quantum intention/probable realities)
    when it comes to Chakras, my favourite thing to is lie on my back on the floor, or in bed, and focus on any of the various centers, and FEEL the energy and associations.

Also, I daily do the Kriya Yoga type "spine circulation" breath, which is also common in Tai Chi Chuan, Tibetan Buddhism, Budo, Essenes and many other traditions the breath, which can also be extended to include the earth chakra, and soul + oversoul chakras.
    “Vision without action is daydream.
    Action without vision is nightmare.”
    —Japanese Proverb