Thread: Body Awareness

Diabolus Guest

Body Awareness

This is a question that has been plaguing me for a while now.

When you target a part of your body with body awareness, do you just concentrate on that area (like I'm doing now), or actually imagine your point of view is at that point?

I can sort of put my view there, as though my eyes were where I'm targetting, and seeing everything around me from that point. But I find this pretty difficult to keep for long, maybe about 3 seconds at most.

I'm just wondering because I'm still getting results from just targetting like I am now, without having to go deep and actually viewing from that point.

Could anyone share their ideas and how they do it? Will I be alright to just continue as I am with concentrating on the area and moving energy through it? It's been working fine for me so far, so I guess this may be a case of "If it's not broke, don't fix it". But if I'm doing this wrong, or inefficiently, it may be taking longer and less potent than it would be.

I don't want to have to try and make my point of view go to that area though... it's pretty difficult and mind boggling. I have this trouble with visualising places as well, if I'm walking through them. I have walked around my house in my mind before, but I always seem to see it in 3rd person, still from my body, even though I still seem to be getting the same effect. For a few moments I can go 1st person, but it goes straight back to 3rd if I remember where I actually am, and perceive it from my body.

Thanks!

EOL007 Guest
    Hi,

Briefly.. if it works stick with it.

Robert has said that the idea of visualistion can confuse the matter. Stick with the idea of using imagination!

You are doing well,

S

Quantitativefool Guest
    I generally just imagine what it's like from there but i have tried both of the ways you mentioned for targeting and body awareness. Find which one seems to work bettter. Maybe try just one for a week then the other the next week and just go by results! You might be suprised even if one is harder.

Good luck!
    -Stu

Chris Guest
    I 'feel' that area. Visualisation in a mindseye visual sence seems to take me away from the body and into the imaginary. As I type this I placed awarness on my right foot, and the sensations arising in that foot now are more noticable than other body area sensations as thats where my attention is. I hope this makes sence. It's more a tactile sensation. Increased awarness of the area targeted over that of other areas for me.

Diabolus Guest
    Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Thank you EOL007. I will stick with it as it's definitely working

Thank you Quantitativefool. I'll try a session purely doing the other way and see if I get anything.

Thank you Chris. I definitely know what you mean. I can place awareness exactly as you just described. I tried it with my right foot as well and got immediate sensations there as I type this too. I guess I seem to be doing the right sort of thing then.

Thanks again everyone. I hope this aids anyone else who's also got the same uncertainty.