Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Strange Farewell

Re: Strange Farewell

Quote Originally Posted by IA56 View Post
    Hi Sinera,
    I do not understand what solipsism does mean, is there Another Word for it??

Love
    ia
    Solipsism (i/ˈsɒlɨpsɪzəm/; from Latin solus, meaning "alone", and ipse, meaning "self")[1] is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds, that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known, and might not exist outside the mind. As a metaphysical position, solipsism goes further to the conclusion that the world and other minds do not exist.

I did find this...

I can only say what I have noticed...it is that the field...is us...and that to experience one self is through this field...so to speak...you arise im mids from the field..you are the field so to speak...it is beyond duality totally....in duality is what can be named so to speak...but as a field or essence...is only ONE and that is us all ...It is very hard to try to explain with Words though..it is an experience and a knowing as a field filing...when you enter into NOW you can sense it already to be this way...

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

The way it was worded sounded a bit like solipsism to me. Also the conclusion of this person mentioned (Nisargadatta Maharaj) is not understandable to me: Why not feel compelled to help others? Why refuse compassion and help?

For me it would be the other way round: if the others are me and we are all one, wouldn't it be the first logical thing to "help my...self"?
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sinera View Post
    Why not feel compelled to help others?
    Do you understand what "compulsion" is?
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Hi SoulSail again....You write...
    "I'm not concerned about anyone's take on this because, as Nisargadatta Maharaj so aptly put it when asked why he didn't feel compelled to help others he said, "There are no others". You are me. I am you. One thing".

As you write that we all are ONE and the ONE is collected from many fragments, right? and as long as not all fragments has come to ONE I feel responsbillity to stay around to wait for everyone to come and understand. So everyone every fragment is me, right?...then I am not totally ONE Before all has come home so to speak...I am sure you will see this too...I am not trying to stop you, you do as you feel you have to do...but are you truly ONE when not all fragments has understood that yet??..still you are out there and seeking to become ONE, right?..so I am staying and helping the rest of me to become whole too..

Love
    ia
    Hi Sinera,
    Why did you take SoulSails quote out of my Writing, and it does look like I said it when it is Soulsail who did wrote about Nisardagatas saying?? and made it look like I said it?? That is totally missleading.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    Do you understand what "compulsion" is?
    Yes, I think so, alhtough as you might know I'm not a native English speaker and some connotations or denotations might of course escape me.

The way I understand "feeling compelled" does not imply an outside force for me, it has to do with one's own will - hence the 'feeling' aspect. And that has also to do things out of love and compassion, it is maybe an idiomatic expression of how your feelings for s.o. else or your feeling of compassion 'drives / compells' you to act and help / assist another 'fragment of me'. At least that's the way I understand it.
    This collector of useless clutter.

6. Re: Strange Farewell

If you do not feel compelled to do anything, then that probably means everything that you do will from now on be completely your decision. Not being able to be excited nor disappointed means clarity all the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DerFürst View Post
    If you do not feel compelled to do anything, then that probably means everything that you do will from now on be completely your decision. Not being able to be excited nor disappointed means clarity all the time.
    Yes. YES. This, exactly this. Except that you still have the ability to feel stuff like disappointment and anger and joy and pleasure and everything else. It's just experienced from a very different perspective.

Sinera, I didn't mean to imply anything about your English. I know you're not a native speaker, and I wasn't picking on that (I think your English is excellent, by the way). I meant for it to be something you had to think about (the concept, not the word, necessarily). To be compelled to do something is not that far off from feeling something is required. You "must" do this or not do that, etc. I just meant that from the point of view SoulSail is experiencing, there is no compulsion, and no requirement. It is truly liberation.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Inspiration is a commodity like most any other; no matter how much you start with, at some point in time your stock will run low. The important question is - shall I pine for the lost inspiration, try to refill the coffers, or simply accept, as far as inspiration is concerned you have come to end of line and just simply BE?

If there is some wisdom here it depends on that answer. Yesterday I was baby-sitting my 10 yr old grandson and he was complaining he was bored. I told him that a whole lot of Life is Waiting, that's all. People of the World hate waiting. It's got to be one thing and then another, an another and on and on.

How can we know and be comfortable with ourselves if waiting, enjoying our experience of ourselves, is boring? What can be boring about BEING? The landscape of our expanded self that is not self is wondrous beyond description. What can be lacking then?

Drop me a PM anytime you may think to Andy. I check in now and then.

Richard
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

So I just finished writing a swell reply to everyone's points and it was shiny. Then I hit Post Reply and it was gone at needing to log on again. Bummer. I'm not going to try for it again, so I'll leave with a little story.

You hire a magician to come to some important event. This guy is good. You and all your guests watch magic trick after trick after trick. You "ohhhhhh" and "ahhh" the night away. He turns the room into a scene from days gone by and there you are in it. For a time you almost forget, or do forget, what's happening. And as the evening draws to a close, just as your attention begins to wane, he says he's going to perform his best trick yet. You wait in anticipation. You're really focusing now. The room is so quiet. He tells you all about your life while slowly waving a wand overhead. How does he know everything? It's all there! Your whole life! He looks over the room and suddenly you're seeing through his eyes. How can it be? Did he actually conjure you into existence? How on earth did he pull you into his view like this? Just then you hear him whisper, not so much in a voice, but in a subtle knowing--"You, dear one, were my best trick yet.'"

"I am?"

"I am."

You pick your wand, shake it all off and walk past the mirror in the lobby. There is no reflection. Story ends.

Questions for you:

1. Who went hungry?
    2. Who suffered?
    3. How many fixed and independently existing people are in the room?
    4. Who is heartless?
    5. Who is bored?
    6. In what mind did everything originate?
    7. Did any of the conjured characters interact with reality whatsoever?

That about covers it though my analogies have never been very good.

All is well...

Soul
    Know Thyself

Hi SoulSail,
    I might missunderstand what you write here, but the feeling what your Writing gives me...is....that you are somehow dissapointed??
    When I did discover the same (if it is the same thing as my Discovery of the NOW)...so I am surprised you give the feeling of dissapointment and have to say Farewell...for me it was to embrace the ALL.
    So..am I missunderstanding your Writing so totally??
    NOTE: I am not speaking for SoulSail but from my experience.

From what I know, the 'NOW' is not what SoulSail realized. First there was no discovery, only realization/remembering.

The few people I know that have become awake/aware/enlightened to some degree all have a kind of dismissive tone when talking about it. This is true to the point that it seems anyone still looking forward to or happy about it hasn't gotten there yet. The thing is that it lets all the air out of the sails, then the sails blow away too. Rather than be left with something, one is left with less than they 'had' before. Its all so disappointingly simple, obvious, almost uninteresting. While this may seem like disappointment, its not even that. Geez thanks.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)