Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 LastLast

Thread: IA´s Journal

Re: IA´s Journal

Reason versus Madness

Reason cannot see sin but can see errors,and leads to their correction. It does not value them, but their correction.Reason will also tell you that when you think you sin, yu call for help. Yet ifyou will not accept the help you call for, you will not believe that it isyours to give. And so you will not give it, thus maintaining the belief. Foruncorrected error of any kind deceives you about the power that is in you tomake correction. If it can correct, and you allow it not to do so, you deny itto youself and to your brother. And if he shares this same belief you both willthink that you are damned. This you could spare him and yourself. For reasonwould not make way to correction in you alone. Correction cannot be accepted orrefused by you without your brother. Sin would maintain it can. Yet reasontells you that you cannot see your brother or yourself as sinful and stillperceive the other innocent. Who looks upon himself as guilty and sees asinless world? And who can see a sinful world and look upon himself apart fromit? Sin would maintain you must be separate. But reason tells you that thismust be wrong. If you are joined, how could it be that you have privatethoughts? And how could thoughts that enter into what but seems like yoursalone have no effect at all on what is yours? If minds are joined, this isimpossible. No one can think but for himself, as God thinks not without HisSon. Only were both in bodies could this be. Nor could one mind think only foritself unless the body were the mind. For only bodies can be separate, andtherefore unreal. The home of madness cannot be the home of reason. Yet it iseasy to leave the home of madness if you see reason. You do not leave insanityby going somewhere else. You leave it simply by accepting reason where madnesswas. Madness and reason see the same thing, but it is certain that they lookupon them differently. Madness is an attack on reason that drives it out ofmind, and takes its place. Reason does not attack, but takes the place ofmadness quietly, replacing madness if it be the choice of the insane to listento it. But the insane know not their will, for they believe they see the body,and let their madness tell them it is real. Reason would be incapable of this.And if you would defend the body against your reason, you will not understandthe body or yourself. The body does not separate you from your brother, and ifyou think it does you are insane. But madness has a purpose, and believes italso has the means to make its purpose real. To see the body as a barrierbetween what reason tells you must be joined must be insane. Nor could you seeit, if you heard the voice of reason. What can there be that stands betweenwhat is continuous? And if there is nothing in between, how can what enterspart be kept away from other parts? Reason would tell you this. Butt hink whatyou must recognize, if it be so. If you choose sin instead of healing, you wouldcondemn the Son of God to what can never be corrected. You tell him, by yourchoice, that he is damned; separate from you and from his Father forever,without a hope of safe return. You teach him this, and you will learn of himexactly what you taught. For you can teach him only that he is as you wouldhave him, and what you choose he be is but your choice for you. Yet think notthis is fearful. That you are joined to him is but a fact, not aninterpretation. How can a fact be fearful unless it disagrees with what youhold more dear than truth? Reason will tell you that this fact is your release.Neither your brother nor yourself can be attacked alone. But neither can accepta miracle instead without the other being blessed by it, and healed of pain. Reason,like love, would reassure you, and seeks not to frighten you. The power to healthe Son of God is given you because he must be one with you. You areresponsible for how he sees himself. And reason tells you it is given you tochange his whole mind, which is one with you, in just an instant. And anyinstant serves to bring complete correction of his errors and make him whole.The instant that you choose to let yourself be healed, in that same instant ishis whole salvation seen as complete with yours. Reason is given you tounderstand that this is so. For reason, kind as is the purpose for which it isthe means, leads stedily away from madness toward the goal of truth. And hereyou will lay down the burden of denying truth. This is the burden that is terrible,and not the truth. That you are joined is your salvation; the gift of Heaven,not the gift of fear. Does Heaven seen to be a burden to you? In madness, yes.And yet what madness sees must be dispelled by reason. Reason assures youHeaven is what you want, and all you want. Listen to Him Who speaks withreason, and brings your reason into line with His. Be willing to let reason bethe means by which He would direct you how to leave insanity behind. Hide notbehind insanity in order to escape from reason. What madness would conceal theHoly Spirit still holds out, for everyone to look upon with gladness. You areyour brother´s savior. He is yours. Reason speaks happily indeed of this. Thisgracious plan was given love by Love. And what Love plans is like Itself inthis: Being united, It would have you learn what you must be. And being onewith It, it must be given you to give what It has given, and gives still. Spendbut an instant in the glad acceptance of what is given you to give yourbrother, and learn with him what has been given both of you. To give is no moreblessed than to receive. But neither is it less. The Son of God is alwaysblesses as one. And as his gratitude goes out to you who blessed him, reasonwill tell you that it cannot be you stand apart from blessing. The gratitude heoffers you reminds you of the thanks your Father gives you for completing Him.And here alone does reason tell you that you can understand what you must be.Your Father is as close to you as is your brother. Yet what is there that couldbe nearer you than is your Self? The power you have over the Son of God is nota threat to his reality. It but attests to it. Where could his freedom lie butin himself, if he be free already? And who could bind him but himself, if hedeny his freedom? God is not mocked; no more His Son can be imprisoned save byhis own desire. And it is by his own desire that he is freed. Such is hisstrength, and not his weakness. He is at his own mercy. And where he chooses tobe merciful, there is he free. But where he chooses to condemn instead, thereis he held a prisoner, waiting in chains his pardon on himself to set him free.

Love

Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

The Last Unanswered Question

Do you not see that all your misery comes from the strange belief that you are powerless? Being helpless is the cost of sin. Helplessness is sin´s condition; the one requirement that it demands to be believed. Only the helpless could believe in it. Enormity has no appeal save to the little. And only those who first believe that they are little could see attraction there. Treachery to the Son of God is the defense of those who do not identify with him. And you are for him or against him; either you love him or attack him, protect his unity or see him shattered and slain by your attack.No one believes the Son of God is powerless. And those who see them selves as helpless must believe that they are not the Son of God. What can they be excep this enemy? And what can they do but envy him his power, and by their envy make them selves afraid of it? These are the dark ones, silent and afraid, alone and not communicating, fearful the power of the Son of God will strike them dead,and raising up their helplessness against him. They join the army of the powerless,to wage their war of vengeance, bitterness and spite on him, to make him one with them. Because they do not know that they are one with him, they know not whom they hate. They are indeed a sorry army, each one as likely to attack hisbrother or turn upon himself as to remember that they thought they had a commoncause. Frantic and loud and strong the dark ones seem to be. Yet they know nottheir ”enemy,” except they hate him. In hatred they have come together, buthave not joined each other. For had they done so hatred would be impossible.The army of the powerless must be disbanded in the presence of strength. Thosewho are strong are never trecherous, because they have no need to dream ofpower and to act out their dream. How would an army act in dreams? Dreams haveno reason in them. A flower turns into a poisoned spear, a child becomes agiant and a mouse riars like a lion. And love is turned to hate as easily. Thisis no army, but a madhouse. What seems to be a planned attack is bedlam. The armyof the powerless is weak indeed. It has no weapons and it has no enemy. Yes, itcan overrun the world and seek an enemy. But it can never find what is notthere. Yes, it can dream it found an enemy, but this will shift even as itattacks, so that it runs at once to find another, and never comes to rest invictory. And as it runs it turns against itself, thinking it cought a glimpseof the great enemy who always eludes its murderous attack by turning intosomething else. How treacherous does this enemy appear, who changes so it isimpossible even to recognize him. Yet hate must have a target. There can be nofaith in sin without an enemy. Who that believes in sin would dare believe hehas no enemy? Could he admit that no one made him powerless? Reason would surelybid him seek no longer what is not there to find. Yet first he must be willingto perceive a world where it is not. It is not necessary that he understand howhe can see it. Nor should he try. For if he foucuses on what he cannotunderstand, he will but emhasize his helplessness, and let sin tell him thathis enemy must be himself. But let him only ask himself these question, whichhe must decide, to have it done for him:

”Do I desire a world I rule instead of onethat rules me?”
    ”Do I desire a world where I am powerfulinstead of helpless?”
    ”Do I desire a world in which I have noenemies and cannot sin?”
    ”And do I want to see what I denied becauseit is the truth?”

You may already have answered the firstthree questions, but not yet the last. For this one still seems fearful, andunlike the others. Yet reason would assure you they are all the same. We saidthis year would emphasize the sameness of things that are the same. This finalquestion, which is indeed the last you need decide, still seems to hold athreat the rest have lost for you. And this imagined difference attests to yourbelief that truth may be the enemy you yet may find. Here, then, would seem tobe the last remaining hope of finding sin, and not accepting power. Forget notthat the choice of sin or truth, helplessness or power, is the choice ofwhether to attack or heal. For healing comes of power, and attack ofhelplessness. Whom you attack you cannot want to heal. And whom you would havehealed must be the one you chose to be protected from attack. And what is thisdecision but the choice whether to see him through the body´s eyes, or let himbe reveled to you through vision? How this decision leads to its effects is notyour problem. But what you want to see must be your choice. This is a course incause and not effect. Consider carefully your answer to the last question youhave left unanswered still. And let your reason tell you that it must beanswered, and is answered in the other three. And then it will be clear to youthat, as you look on the effects of sin in any form, all you need do is simplyask yourself,

”Is this what I would see? Do I want this?”

This is your one decision; this thecondition for what occurs. It is irrelevant to how it happens, but not tho why.You have control of this. And if you choose to see a world without an enemy, inwhich you are not helpless, the means to see it will be given you. Why is thefinal question so important? Reason willl tell you why. It is the same as arethe other three, except in time. The others are decisions that can be made, andthen unmade and made again. But truth is constant, and implies a state wherevacillations are impossible. You can desire a world you rule that rules younot, and change your mind. You can desire to exchange your helplessness forpower, and lose this same desire as a little of sin attracts you. And you canwant to see a sinless world, and let an ”enemy” tempt you to use the body´seyes and change what you desire. In content all the questions are the same. Foreach one asks if you are willing to exchange the world of sin for what the HolySpirit sees, since it is this world of sin denies. And therefore those who lookon sin are seeing the denial of the real world. Yet the last question adds thewish for constancy in your desire to see the real world, so the deisre becomesthe only one you have. By answering the final question ”yes,” you add sincerityto the decisions you have already made to all the rest. For only then have yourenounced the option to change your mind again. When it is this you do notwant, the rest are wholly answered. Why do you think you are unsure the othershave been answered? Could it be necessary they be asked so often, if they had?Until the last decision has been made, then answer is both ”yes” and ”no.” Foryou have answered ”yes” without perceiving that ”yes” must mean ”not no” No onedecides against his happiness, bu the may do so if he does not see he does it.And if he sees his happiness as ever changing, now this, now that, and now anelusive shadow attached to nothing, he does decide against it. Elusivehappiness, or happiness in changing form that shifts with time and place, is anillusion that has no meaning. Happiness must be constant, because it isattained by giving up the wish for the inconstant. Joy cannot be perceivedexcept through constant vision. And constant vision can be given only those whowish for constancy. The power of the Son of God´s desire remains the proof thathe is wrong who sees himself as helpless. Desire what you want, and you willlook on it and think it real. No thought but has the power to release or kill.And none can leave the thinker´s mind, or leave him unaffected.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

The Inner Shift

Are thoughts, then, dangerous? To bodies,yes! The thoughts that seem to kill are those that teach the thinker that he can be killed. And so he ”dies” because of what he learned. He goes from Life to death, the final proof he valued the inconstant more than constancy. Surelyhe thought he wanted happiness. Yet he did not desire it because it was the truth, and therefore must be constant. The constancy of joy is a condition quite alien to your understanding. Yet if you could even imagine what it must be, you would desire it although you understand it not. The constancy ofhappiness has no exceptions; no change of any kind. It is unshakable as is the Love of God for His creation. Sure in its vision as its Creator is in what He knows, happiness looks on everything and sees it is the same. It sees not the ephemeral, for it desires everything be like itself, and sees it so. Nothing has power to confound its constancy, because its own desire cannot be shaken.It comes as surely unto those who see the final question is necessary to therest, as peace must come to those who choose to heal and not to judge. Resonwill tell you that you cannot ask for happiness inconstantly. For if what youdesire you receive, and happiness is constant, then you need ask for it butonce to have it always. And if you do not have it always, being what it is, youdid not ask for it. For no one fails to ask for his desire of something hebelieves holds out some promise of the power of giving it. He may be wrong inwhat he asks, where, and of what. Yet he will ask because desire is a request,an asking for, and made by one whom God Himself will never fail to answer. Godhas already given all that he really wants. Yet what he is uncertain of, Godcannot give. For he does not desire it while he remains uncertain, and God´sgiving must be incomplete unless it is received. You who complete God´s Willand are His happiness, whose will is powerful as His, a power that is not lostin your illusions, think carefully why you have not yet decided how you wouldanswer the final question. Your answer to the others has made it poissible tohelp you be already partly sane. And yet it is the final one that really asksif you are willing to be wholly sane. What is the holy instant but God´s appealto you to recoginze what He has given you? Here is the great appeal to reason;the awareness of what is always there to see, the happiness that could bealways yours. Here is the constant peace you could experience forever. Here iswhat denial has denied reveled to you. For here the final question is alreadyanswered, and what you ask for given. Here is the future now, for time ispowerless because of your desire for what will never change. For you have askedthat nothing stand between the holiness of your relationship and your awarenessof its holiness.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

The Message of the Holy Relationship

Let reason take another step. If you attack whom God would heal and hate the oine Hel oves, then you and your Creator have a different will. Yet if you are His Will, What you must then believe is that you are not yourself. You can indeed believe this, and you do. And you have faith in this and see much evidence on its behalf. And where, you wonder, does your strange uneasiness, your sense of yourself arise? It is as though you wandered in without a plan of any kind except to wander off, for only that seems certain. Yet we have heard a very similar description earlier, but it was not of you. But still this strange idea which it does accurately describe, you think is you. Reason would tell you that the world you see through eyes that are not yours must make no sense to you. To whom would seeing such as this send back its messages? Surely not you, who se sight is wholly independent of the eyes that look upon the world. If this is not your vision, what can it show to you? The brain cannot interpret what your vision sees. This you would understand. The brain cannot interpret to the body,of which it is a part. But what it says you cannot understand. Yet you havelistened to it. And long and hard you tried to understand its messages. Youhave not realized it is impossible to understand what fails entirely to reachyou. You have received no messages at all you understand. For you have listenedto what can never communicate at all. Think, then, what happens. Denying whatyou are, and firm in faith that you are something else, this ”something else”that you have made to be yourself becomes your sight. Yet it must be the”something else” that sees, and as not you, explains its sight to you. Yourvision would, of course, render this quite unnecessary. Yet if your eyes areclosed and you have called upon this thing to lead you, asking it to explain toyou the world it sees, you have no reason not to listen, nor to suspect thatwhat it tells you is not true. Reason would tell you it cannot be true becauseyou do not understand it. God has no secrets. He does not lead you through aworld of misery, waiting to tell you, at the journey´s end, why Hed id this toyou. What could be secret from God´s Will? Yet you believe that you havesecrets. What could your secrets be except another ”will” that is your own,apart form His? Reason would tell you that this is no secret that need behidden as a sin. But a mistake indeed! Let not your fear of sin protect it fromcorrection, for the attraction of guilt is only fear. Here is the one emotionthat you made, whatever it may seem to be. This is the emotion that you made,of private thoughts and of the body. This is the one emotion that opposes love,and always leads to sight of differences and loss of sameness. Here is the oneemotion that keeps you blind, dependent on the self you think you made to leadyou through the world it made for you. Your sight was given you, along witheverything that you can understand. You will perceive no difficulty inunderstanding what this vision tells you, for everyone sees only what het hinkshe is. And what you sight would show you, you will understand because it is thetruth. Only your vision can convey to you what you can see. It reaches youdirectly, without a need to be interpreted to you. What needs interpretationmust be alien. Nor will it ever be made understandable by an interpreter youcannot understand. Of all the messages you have received and failed tounderstand, this course alone is open to your understanding and can beunderstood. This is your language. You do not understand it yet only becuaseyour whole communication is like a baby´s. The sounds a baby makes and what hehears are highly unreliable, meaning different things to him at differenttimes. Neither the sounds he hears nor sights he sees are stable yet. But whathe hears and does not understand will be his native tongue, through which hewill communicate with those around him, and they with him. And the strange,shifting ones he sees about him will become to him his comforters, and he willrecognize his home and see them there with him. So in each holy relationship isthe ability to communicate instead of separate reborn. Yet a holy relationship,so recently reborn itself from an unholy relationship, and yet more ancientthan the old illusion it has replaced, is like a baby now in its rebirth. Stillin this infant is your vision returned to you, and he will speak the languageboth of you can understand. He is not nurtured by the ”something else” youthought was you. He was not given there, nor was received by anything exceptyourself. For no two brothers can unite except through Christ, Whose visionsees them one. Think what is given you, my holy brother. This child will teachyou what you do not understand, and make it plain. For his will be no alientongue. He will need no interpreter to you, for it was you who taught him whathe knows because you knew it. He could not come to anyone but you, never to”something else.” Where Christ has entered no on is alone, for never could Hefind a home in separate ones. Yet must He be reborn into His ancient home, soseeming new and yet as old as He, a tiny newcomer, dependent on the holiness ofyour relationship to let Him live. Be certain God did not entrust His Son tothe unworhty. Nothing but what is part of Him is worthy of being joined. Nor isit possible that anything not part of Him can join. Comminication must havebeen restored to those who join, for this they could not do through bodies.What, then, has joined them? Reason will tell you that they must have seen eachother through a vision not of the body, and communicated in a language the bodydoes not speak. Nor could it be a fearful sight or sound that drew them gentlyinto one. Rather, in each the other saw a perfect shelter where his Self couldbe reborn in safety and in peace. Such did his reason tell him; such hebelieved because it was the truth. Here is the first direct perception that youcan make. You make it through awareness older than perception, and yet rebornin just an instant. For what is time to what was always so? Think what thatinstant brought; the recognition that the ”something else” you thought was youis an illusion. And truth came instantly, to show you where your Self must be.It is denial of illusions that calls on truth, for to deny illusions is torecognize that fear is meaningless. Into the holy home where fear is powerlesslove enters thankfully, grateful that it is one with you who joined to let itenter. Christ comes to what is like Himself; the same, not different. For he isalways drawn unto Himself. What is as like Him as a holy relationship? And whatdraws you together draws Him to you. Here are His sweetness and His gentleinnocence protected from attack. And here can He return in confidence, forfaith in one another is always faith in Him. You are indeed correct in lookingon each other as His chosen home, for here you will with Him and with HisFather. This is your Father´s Will for you, and yours with His. And who isdrawn to Christ is drawn to God as surely as both are drawn to every holyrelationship, the home prepared for them as earth is turned to Heaven.

Love
    Last edited by IA56; 31st December 2014 at 02:52 PM.
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Your Brother´s Sinlessness

The opposite of illusions is not disillusionment but truth. Only to the ego, to which truth is meaningless, do they appear to be the only alternatives, and different from each other. In truth they are the same. Both bring the same amount of misery, though each one seems to be the way to lose the misery the other brings. Every illusion carries pain and suffering in the dark folds of the heavy garments in which it hide sits nothingness. Yet by the dark and heavy garments are those who seek illusions covered, and hidden from the joy of thruth. Truth is the opposite of illusions because it offers joy. What else but joy could be the opposite of misery? To leave one kind of misery and seek another is hardly an escape. To change illusions is to make no change. The search for joy in misery is sensless, for how could joy be found in misery? All that is possible in the dark world of misery is to select some aspects out of it, see them as different, and define the difference as joy. Yet to perceive a difference wheren one exists will surely fail to make a difference. Illusions carry only guiltand suffering, sickness and death, to their believers. The form in which theyare accepted is irrelevant. No form of misery in reason´s eyes can be confusedwith joy. Joy is eternal. You can be sure indeed that any seeming happinessthat does not last is really fear. Joy does not turn to sorrow, for the eternalcannot change. Only the timeless must remain unchanged, but everything in timecan change with time. Yet if the change be real and not imagined, illusionsmust give way to truth, and not to other dreams that are but equally unreal.This is no difference. Reason will tell you that the only way to escape frommisery is to recognize it and go the other way. Truth is the same and miserythe same, but they are different from each other in every way, in everyinstance and without exception. To believe that one exception can exist is toconfuse what is the same with what is different. One illusion cherished anddefended against the truth makes all truth meaningless, and all illusions real.Such is the power of belief. It cannot compromise. And faith in innocence isfaith in sin, if the belief excluded one living thing and holds it out, apartfrom its forgiveness. Both reason and the ego will tell you this, but what theymake of it is not the same. The ego will assure you now that it is impossiblefor you to see no guilt in anyone. And if this seeing is the only means bywhich escape from guilt can be attained, then the belief in sin must beeternal. Yet reason looks on this another way, for reason sees the source of anidea as what will make it either true or false. This must be so, if the idea islike its source. Therefore, says reason, if escape from guilt was given to theHoly Spirit as His purpose, and by One to Whom nothing He wills can beimpossible, the means for its attainment are more that possible. They must bethere, and you must havet hem. This is a crucial period in this course, forhere the separation of you and the ego must be made complete. For if you havethe means to let the Holy Spirit´s purpose be accomplished, they can be used.And through their use will you gain faith in them. Yet to the ego this must beimpossible, and no one undertaken to do what holds no hope of ever being done.You know what your Creator wills is possible, but what you made believes it isnot so. Now must you choose between yourself and an illusion of yourself. Notboth, but one. There is no point in trying to avoid this one decision. It mustbe made. Faith and belief can fall to either side, but reason tells you miserylies only one one side and joy upon the other. Forsake not now your brother.For you who are the same will not decide alone nor differently. Either you giveeach other life or death; either you are each other´s savior or his judge,offering him sanctuary or condemnation. This course wil be believed entirely ornot at all. For it is wholly true or wholly false, and cannot be but partiallybelieved. And you will either escape from misery entirely or not at all. Reasonwill tell you that there is no middle ground where you can pause uncertaintly,waiting to choose between the joy of Heaven and the misery of hell. Untill youchoose Heaven, you are in hell and misery. There is no part of Heaven you cantake and weave into illusions. Nor is there one illusion you can enter Heavenwith. A savior cannot be a judge, nor mercy condemnation. And vision cannotdamn, but only bless. Whose function is to save, will save. How He will do itis beyond your understanding, but when must be your choice. For time you made,and time you can command. You are no more a slave to time than to the world youmade. Let us look closer at the whole illusion that what you made has power toenslave its maker. This is the same belief that caused the separation. It isthe meaningless idea that thoughts can leave the thinker´s mind, be differentfrom it and in opposition to it. If this were true thoughts would not be themind´s extensions, but its enemies. And here we see again another form of thesame fundamental illusion we have seen many times before. Only if it werepossible the Son of God could leave his Father´s Mind, make himself differentand oppose His Will, would it be possible that the self he made, and all it made,should be his master. Behold the great projection, but look on it with thedecision that it must be healed, and not with fear. Nothing you made has anypower over you unless you still would be apart from your Creator, and with awill opposed to His. For only if you would believe His Son could be His enemydoes it seem possible that what you made is yours. You would condemn His joy tomisery, and make Him different. And all the misery you made has been your own.Are you not glad to learn it is not true? It is not welcome news to hear notone of the illusions that you made replaced the truth? Only your thoughts havebeen impossible. Salvation cannot be. It is impossible to look upon your savioras your enemy and recognize him. Yet it is possible to recognize him for whathe is, if God would have it so. What God has given to your holy relationship isthere. For what He gave the Holy Spirit to give you to He gave. Would you notlook upon the savior that has been given you? And would you not exchange, ingratitude, the function of an executioner you gave him for the one he has intruth? Receive of him what God has given him for you, nor what you tried togive yourself. Beyond the bodies that you interposed between you, and shining inthe golden light that reaches it from the bright, endless circle that extendsforever, is your holy relationship, beloved of God Himself. How still it rests,in time and yet beyond, immortal yet on earth. How great the power that lies init. Time waits upon its will, and earth will be as it would have it be. Here isno separate will, nor the desire that anything be separate. Its will has noexceptions, and what it wills is true. Every illusion brought to itsforgiveness is gently overlooked and disappears. For at its center Christ hasbeen reborn, to light His home with vision that overlooks the world. Would younot have this holy home be yours as well? No misery is here, but only joy. Allyou need to do dwell in quiet here with Christ is share His vision. Quickly andgladly is His vision given anyone who is but willing to see his brothersinless. And no one can remain beyond this willingness, if you would bereleased entirely from all effects of sin. Would you have partial forgivenessfor yourself? Can you reach Heaven while a single sin still tempts you toremain in misery? Heaven is the home of perfect purity, and God created it foryou. Look on your holy brother, sinless as yourself, and let him lead youthere.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Reason and the Form of Error

The introduction of reason into the ego´sthought system is the beginning of its undoing, for reason and the ego arecontradictory. Nor is it possible for them to coexist in your awareness. Forreason´s goal is to make plain, and therefore obvious. You can see reason. Thisis not a play on works, for here is the beginning of a vision that has meaning.Vision is sense, quite literally. If it is not the body´s sight, it must beunderstood. For it is plain, and what is obvious is not ambiguous. It can beunderstood. And here do reason and the ego separate, to go their separate ways.The ego´s whole continuance depends on its belief you cannot learn this course.Share this belief, and reason will be unable to see your errors and make wayfor their correction. For reason sees though errors, telling you what youthought was real is not. Reason can see the difference between sin andmistakes, because it uncorrectable can be corrected, and thus it must have beenan error. The ego´s opposition to correction leads to its fixed belief in sinand diregard of errors. It looks on nothing that can be corrected. Thus doesthe ego damn, and reason save. Reason is not salvation in itself, but it makesway for peace and bringyou to a state of mind in which salvation can be givenyou. Sin is a block, set like a heavy gate, locked and without the help ofreason would try to pass it. The body´s eyes behold it as solid granite, sothick it would be madness to attempt to pass it. Yet reason sees though iteasily, because it is an error. The form it takes cannot conceal its emptinessfrom reason´s eyes. Only the form of error attracts the ego. Meaning it doesnot recognize, and does not see if it is there or not. Everything the body´seyes can see is a mistake, an error in perception, a distorted fragment of thewhole without the meaning that the whole would give. And yet mistakes,regardless of their form, can be corrected. Sin is bu terror in a special formthe ego venerates. It would preserve all errors and make them sins. For here isits own stability, its heavy anchor and make them sins. For here is it ownstabiltiy, its heavy anchor in the shifting world it made; the rock on whichits church is built, and where its worshippers are bound to bodies, believingthe body´s freedom is their own. Reason will tell you that the form of error isnot what makes it a mistake. If what the form conceals is a mistake, the formcannot prevent correction. The body´s eyes see only form. They cannot seebeyond what they were made to see. And they were made to look on error and notsee past it. Theirs is indeed a strange perception, for they can see onlyillusions, unable to look beyond the granite block of sin, and stopping at theoutside form of nothing. To this distorted form of vision the outside ofeverything, the wall that stands between you and the truth, is wholly true. Yethow can sight that stops at nothingness, as if it were solid wall, see truly?It is held back by form, having been hade to guarantee that nothing else butform will be perceived. These eyes, made not to see, will never see. For theidea they represent left nor its maker, and it is their maker that sees throughthem. What was its maker´s goal but not to see? For this the body´s eyes are perfectmeans, but not for seeing. See now the body´s eyes rest on externals and cannotgo beyond. Watch how they stop at nothingness, unable to go beyond the form tomeaning. Nothing so blinding as perception of form. For sight of form meansunderstanding has been obscured. Only mistakes have different forms, and sothey can deceive. You can change form because it is not true. It could not bereality because it can be changed. Reason will tell you that if form is notreality it must be an illusion, and is not there to see. And if you see it youmust be mistaken, for you are seeing what can not be real as if it were. Whatcannot see beyond what is not there must be distorted perception, and mustperceive illusions as the truth. Could it, then, recognize the truth? Let notthe form of his mistakes keep you from him whose holiness is yours. Let not thevision of his holiness, the sight of which would show you yours forgiveness, bekept from you by what the body´s eyes can see. Let your awareness of yourbrother not be blocked by your perception of his sinss and of his body. What isthere in him that you would attack except what you associate with his body,which you believe can sin? Beyond his errors is his holiness and yoursalvation. You gave him not his holiness, but tried to see your sins in him tosave yourself. And yet, his holiness is your forgiveness. Can you be saved bymaking sinful the one whose holiness is your salvation? A holy relationship,however newly born, must value holiness above all else. Unholy values willproduce confusion, and in awareness. In an unholy relationship, each one isvalued because he seems to justify the other´s sin. Each sees within the otherwhat impels him to sin against his will. And thus he lays his sins upon theother, and is attracted to him to perpetutate his sins. And so it must becomeimpossible for each to see himself as causing sin by his desire to have sinreal. Yet reason sees a holy relationship as what it is; a common state ofmind, where both give errors gladly to correction, that both may happily behealed as one.

Love

I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

The Branching of the Road

When you come to the place where the bransch in the road is quite apparent, you cannot go ahead. You must go either one way or the other. For now if you go straight ahead, the way you went Before you reached the branch, you will go nowhere. The whole purpose of coming this far was to decide which branch you will take now. The way you came no longer matters. If can no longer server. No one who reaches this far can make the wrong decision, although he can delay. And there is no part of the journey that seems more hopless and futile than standing where the road branches, and not deciding on which way to go. It is but the first few steps along the right way that seem hard, for you have chosen, although you still may think you can go back and make the other choice. This is not so. A choice made with the power of Heaven to uphold it cannot be undone. Your way is decided. There will be nothing you will not be told, if you acknowledge this. And so you and your brother stand, here in this holy place, before the veil of sin that hangsbetween you and the face of Christ. Let it be lifted! Raise it together, for itis but a veil that stands between you. Either alone will see it as a solidblock, nor realize how thin the drapery that separates you now. Yet it isalmost over in your awareness, and peace has reached you even here, before theveil. Think what will happen after. The love of Christ will light your faces,and shine from them into a darkned world that needs the light. And from thisholy place He will return with you, not leaving it nor you. You will become Hismessangers, returning Him unto Himself. Think of the loveliness that you willsee, who walk with Him! And think howbeautiful will each of you look to the other! How happy you will be to betogether, after such a long and lonely journey where you walked alone. Thegates of Heaven, open now for you, will you now open to the sorrowful. And nonewho looks upon the Christ in you but will rejoice. How beautiful the sight yousaw beyond the veil, which you will bring to light the tired eyes of those asweary now as once you were. How thankful will they be to see you come amongthem, offering Christ´s forgiveness to dispel their faith in sin. Every mistakeyou make, the other will gently have corrected for you. For in his sight youloveliness is his salvation, which he would protect from harm. And each will bethe other´s strong protector from everything that seems to rise between you. Soshall you walk the world with me, whose message has not yet been giveneveryone. For you are here to let it be recieved. God´s offer still is open,yet it waits acceptance. From you who have accepted it is it received. Intoyour joined hands is it safely given, for you who share it have become itswilling guardians and protectors. To all who share the Love of God the grace isgiven to the givers of what they have received. And so they learn that it istheirs forever. All barriers disappear before their coming, as every obstaclewas finally surmounted that seemed to rise and block their way before. Thisveil you lift together opens the way to truth to more than you. Those who wouldlet illusions be lifted from their minds are this world´s saviors, walking theworld with their Redeemer, and carrying His message of hope and freedom andrelease form suffering to everyone who needs a miracle to save him. How easy isit to offer this miracle to everyone! No one who has received it for himselfcould find it difficult. For by receiving it, he learned it was not given himalone. Such is the function of a holy relationship; to recieve together andgive as you recieved. Standing before the veil, it still seems difficult. Buthold out your joined hands and touch this heavy-seeming block, and you willlearn how easily your fingers slip through its nothingness. It is no solidwall. And only an illusion stands between you and the holy Self you share.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Weakness and Defensiveness

How does one overcome illusions? Surely not by force or anger, nor by opposing them in any way. Me, rely by letting reason tell you that they contradict reality. They go against what must be true. The opposition comes from them, and not reality. Reality opposes nothing. What merely is needs no defence, and offers none. Only illusions need defense because of weakness. And how can it be difficult to walk the way of truth when only weakness interferes? You are the strong one in this seeming conflict. And you need no defense. Everything that needs defense you do not want, for anything that needs defense will weaken you. Concider what the ego wants defenses for. Always to justify what goes against the truth, flies in the face of reason and makes no sense. Can this be justified? What can this be except an invitation to insanity, to save you from the truth? And what would you be saved from but what you fear? Belief in sin needs great defense, and at enormous cost. All that the Holy Spirit offers must be defended against and sacrified.For sin is carved into a block out of your peace, and laid between you and its return. Yet how can peace be so fragmented? It is still whole, and nothing has been taken from it. See how the means and the material of evil dreams are nothing. In truth you and your brother stand together, with nothing in between.God holds your hands, and what can separate whom He has joined as one with Him? It is your Father Whom you would defend against. Yet it remains impossible to keep love out. God rests with you in quiet, undefended and wholly undefending,for in the quiet state alone is strength and power. Here can no weakness enter,for here is no attack and therefore no illusions. Love rests in certainty. Onlyuncertainty can be defensive. And all uncertainty is doubt about yourself. Howweak is fear; how little and how meaningless. How insignificant before thequiet strength of those whom love has joined! This is your ”enemy,” – a frightenedmouse that would attack the universe. How likely is it that it will succeed?Can it be difficult to disregard its feeble squeaks that tell of itsomnipotence, and would drown out the hymn of praise to its Creator that everyheart throughout the universe forever sings as one? Which is the stronger? Isit this tiny mouse or everything that God created? You are not joined togetherby this mouse, but by the Will of God. And can a mouse betray whom God hasjoined? If you but recognized how little stands between you and your awarenessof your union! Be not deceived by the illusions it presents of size andthickness, weight, solidity and firmness of foundation. Yes, to the body´s eyesit looks like an enormous solid body, immovable as is a mountain. Yet withinyou is a Force that no illusions can resist. This body only seems to beimmovable; this Force is irresistible in truth. What, then, must happen whenthey come together? Can the illusion of immovability be long defended from whatis quietly passed through and gone beyond? Forget not, when you feel the needarise to be defensive about anything, you have indentified yourself with anillusion. And therefore feel that you are weak because you are alone. This isthe cost of all illusions. Not one but rests on the belief that you areseparate. No one that does not seem to stand, heavy and solid and immovable,between you and your brother. And not one that truth cannot pass over lightly,and so easily that you must be convinced, in spite of what you thought it was,that it is nothing. If you forgive each other, this must happen. For it is yourunwillingness to overlook, what seems to stand between you that makes it lookimpenetrable, and defends the illusion of its immovability.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

The Light of the Holy Relationship

Do you want freedom of the body or of themind? For both you cannot have. Which do you value? Which is your goal? For one you see as means; the other, end. And one must serve the other and lead to its predominance, increasing its importance by diminishing its own. Means serve the end, and as the end is reached the value of the means decreases, eclipsed entirely when they are recognized as functionless. No one but yearns for freedom and tries to find it. Yet he will seek for it where he believes it is and can be found. He will believe it possible of mind or body, and he will maket he other serve his choice as means to find it. Where freedom of the body has been chosen, the mind is used as means whose value lies in its ability to contrive ways to achieve the body´s freedom. Yet freedom of the body has no meaning, and so the mind is dedicated to serve illusions. This is a contradictory and so impossible that anyone who chosses this has no idea ofwhat is valueable. Yet even in this confusion, so profound it cannot bedescribed, the Holy Sprit waits in gentle partience, as certain of the outcomeas He is sure of His Creator´s Love. He knows this mad decision was made by oneas dear to His Creator as love is to itself. Be not disturbed at all to thinkhow He can change the role of means and end so easily in what God loves, andwould have free forever. But be you rather greatful that you can be the meansto serve His end. This is the only service that leads to freedom. To serve thisend the body must be perceived as sinless, because the goal is sinlessness. Thelack of contradiction makes the soft gratitude before forgiving eyes. You willbe sanctified by one another, using your bodies only to serve the sinless. Andit will be impossible for you to hate what serves whom you would heal. Thisholy relationship, lovely in its innocence, mighty in strength, and blazingwith a light far brighter than the sun that lights the sky you see, is chosenof your Father as a means for His Own plan. Be thankful that it serves yoursnot at all. Nothing entrusted to it can misused, and nothing giben it but willbe used. This holy relationship has the power to heal all pain, regardless ofits form. Neither of you alone can serve at all. Only in your joint will doeshealing lie. For here your healing is, and here will you accept Atonement. Andin your healing is the Sonship healed because your wills are joined. Before aholy relationship there is no sin. The form of error is no longer seen, andreason, joined with love, looks quietly on all confusion, observing merely,”This was a mistake.” And then the same Atonement you accepted in yourrelationship corrects the error, and lays a part of Heaven in its place. Howblessed are you who let this gift be given! Each part of Heaven that you bringis given you. And every place in Heaven that you will fill again with theEternal Light you bring, shines now on you. The means of sinlessness can know nofear because they carry only love with them. Child of peace, the light has cometo you. The light you bring you do not recognize, and yet you will remember.Who can deny himself the vision that he brings to others? And who would fail torecognize a gift hel et be laid in Heaven through himself? The gentle servicethat you give the Holy Spirit is service to yourself. You who are now His meansmust love all that He loves. And what you bring is your remembrance ofeverything that is eternal. No trace of anything in time can long remain inminds that serve the timeless. And no illusion can disturb the peace of therelationship that has become the means of peace. When you have looked upon yourbrother with complete forgiveness, from which no error is excluded and nothingkept hidden, what mistake can there be anywhere you cannot overlook? What formof suffering could block your sight, preventing you from seeing past it? Andwhat illusion could there be you will not recognize as a mistake; a shadowthrough which you walk completely undismayed? God would let nothing interferewith those whose wills are His, and serve it willingly. And could remembranceof what they are be long delayed? You will see your value through yourbrother´s eyes, and each one is released as he beholds his savior in place ofthe attacker who he thought was there. Through this releasing is the worldreleased. This is your part in bringing peace. For you have asked what is yourfunction here, and have been answered. Seek not to change it, nor to substituteanother goal. Accept this one and serve it willingly, for what the Holy Spiritdoes with gifts you give each other, to whom He offers them, and where andwhen, is up to Him. He will bestow them where they are received and welcomed.He will use every one of them for peace. Nor will one little smile orwillingness to overlook the tiniest mistake be lost to anyone. What can it bebut universal blessing to look on what your Father loves with charity? Extensionof forgiveness is the Holy Spirit´s function. Leave this to Him. Let yourconcern be only that you give to Him that which can be extended. Save no darksecrets that He cannot use, but offer Him the tiny gifts He can extend forever.He will take each one and make of it a potent force for peace. He will withhold no blessing from it, norlimit it in any way. He will join to it all the power that God has given Him,to make each little gift of love a source of healing for everyone. Each littlegift you offer to your brother lights up the world. Be not concerned withdarkiness; look away from it and toward each other. And let the darkness bedispelled by Him Who knows the light, and lays it gently in each quit smile offaith and confidence with which you bless each other. On your learning dependsthe welfare of the world. And it is only arrogance that would deny the power ofyour will. Think you the Will of God is powerless? Is this humility? You do notsee what this belief has done. You see yourself as vulnerable, frail and easilydestroyed, and at the mercy of countless attackers more powerful than you. Let uslook straight at how this error came about, for here lies buried the heavyanchor that seems to keep the fear of God in place, unmovable and solid as arock. While this remains, so will it seem to be. Who can attack the Son of Godand not attack his Father? How can God´s Son be weak and frail and easilydestroyed unless his Father is? You do not see that every sin and everycondemnation that you perceive and justify is an attack upon your Father. Andthat is why it has not happened, nor could be real. You do not see that this isyour attempt because you think the Father and the Son are separate. And youmust think that they are separate, because of fear. For it seems safer toattack another or yourself than to attack the great Creator of the universe,Whose power you know. If you were one with God and recognized this oneness, youwould know His power is yours. But youwill not remember this while you believe attack of any kind means anything. Itis unjustified in any form, because it has no meaning. The only way it could bejustified is if each one of you were separate from the other, and all wereseparate from your Creator. For only then would it be possible to attack a partof the creation without the whole, The Son without the Father; and to attackanother without yourself, or hurt yourself without the other feeling pain. Andthis belief you want. Yet wherein lies its value, except in the desire toattack in safety? Attack is neither safe nor dangerous. It is impossble. Andthis is so because the universe is one. You would not choose attack on itsreality if it were not essential to attack to see it separated from its maker.And thus it seems as if love could attack and become fearful. Only thedifferent can attack. So you conclude because you can attack you must bedifferent. Yet does the Holy Spirit explain this differently. Because you arenot different, you cannot attack. Either position is a logical conclusion.Either could be maintained, but never both. The only question to be answered inorder to decide which must be true is whether you are different. From theposition of what you understand you seem to be, and therefore can attack. Ofthe alternatives, this seems more natural and more in line with yourexperience. And therefore it is necessary that you have other expereinces, morein line with truth, to teach you what is natural and true. This is the functionof your holy relationship. For what one thinks, the other will expereince withhim. What can this mean except you minds are one? Look not with fear upon thishappy fact, and think not that it lays a heavy burden on you. For when you haveaccepted it with gladness, you will realize that your relationship is areflectionj of the union of the Creator and His Son. From loving minds there isno separation. And every thought in one brings gladness to the other becausethey are the same. Joy is unlimited, because each shining thought of loveextends its being and creates more of itself. There is no difference anywherein it, for every thought is like itself. The light that joins you shinesthroughout the universe, and because it joins you, so it makes you one withyour Creator. And in Him is all creation joined. Would you regret you cannotfear alone, when your relationship can also teach the power of love is there,which makes all fear impossible? Do not attempt to keep a little of the egowith this gift. For it was given you to be used, and not obscured. What teachesyou that you cannot separate denies the ego. Let truth decide if you bedifferent or the same, and teach you which is true.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

THE WAR AGAINST YOURSELF

Do you not see the opposite of frailty and weakness is sinlessness? Innocence is strength, and nothing else is strong. The sinless cannot fear, for sin of any kind is weakness. The show of strength attack would use to cover frailty conceals it not for how can the unreal be hidden? No on is strong who has an enemy, and no one can attack unless he thinks he has. Belief in enemies is therefore the belief in weakness, and what is weak is not the Will of God. Being opposed to it, it is God´s ”enemy.” And God is feared as an opposing will. How strange indeed becomes this war against yourself! You will believe that everything you use for sin can hurt you and become your enemy. And you will fight against it, and try to weaken it because of this; and you will think that you succeeded, and attack again. It is as certain you will fear what you attack as it is sure that you will love what you perceive as sinless. He walks in peace who travels sinlessly along the way love shows him. For love walks with him there, protecting him from fear. And he will see only the sinless, who can not attack. Walk you in glory, with you head held high, and fear no evil. The innocent are safe because they share their innocence.Nothing they see is harmful, for their awareness of the truth releases everything from the illusion of harmfulness. And what seemed harmful now stands shining in their innocence, released from sin and fear and happily returned tolove. They share the strength of love because they looked on innocence. And every error disappeared because they saw it not. Who looks for glory finds it where it is. Where could it be but in the innocent? Let not the Little interferers pull you to littleness. There can be no attraction of guilt in innocence. Think what a happy world you walk, with truth beside you. Do not give you this world of freedom for a little sigh of seeing sin, nor for a tiny stirring of guilt´s attraction. Would you, for all these meaningless distractions, lay Heaven aside? Your destiny and purpose are far beyond them,in the clear place where littleness does not exist. Your purpose is at variance with littleness of any kind. And so it is at variance with sin. Let us not letlittleness lead God´s Son into temptation. His glory is beyond it, measurless in timeless as eternity. Do not let time intrude upon your sight of him. Leave him not frightened and alone in his temptation, but help him rise above it and preceive the light of which he is a part. Your innocence will light the way to his, and so is your protected and kept in your awareness. For who can know his glory, and perceive the little and the weak about him? Who can walk trembling in a fearful world, and realize that heaven´s glory shines on him? Nothing around you but is part you. Look on it lovingly, and see the light of Heaven in it. So will you come to understand all that is given you. In kind forgivenesswill the world sparkle and shine, and everything you once thought sinful now will be reinterpreted as part of Heaven. How beautiful it is to walk, clean and redeemed and happy, through a world in bitter need of the redemption that your innocence bestows upon it! What can you value more than this? For here is your salvation and your freedom. And it must be complete if you would recognize it.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 LastLast