Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 LastLast

Thread: IA´s Journal

Re: IA´s Journal

LESSON 84

There are the ideas for today´s review:

67)”Love created me like itself.”

I am in the likeness of my Creator, I cannot suffer, I cannot experience loss and I cannot die. I am not a body, I would recognize my reality today, I will worship no idols, nor raise my own self concept to replace my Self, I am in the likeness of my Creator. Love created me like itself. You might find these sepcific forms helpful in applying the idea:

”Let me not see an illusion of myself in this.”
    ”As I look on this, let me remember my Creator.”
    ”My Creator did not create this as I see it.”

68 ”Love holds no grievances.”

Grievances are completely alien to love. Grievances attack love and keep its light obscure. If I hold grievances I am attacking love, and therefore attacking my Self. My Self thus becomes alien to me. I am determined not to attack my Self today, so that I can remember who I am. These specific forms for applying this idea would be helpful:

”This is no justification for denying my Self.”
    ”I will not use this to attack love.”
    ”Let this not tempt me to attack myself.”

Love
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 85

Today´s review will cover these ideas:

69) ”My grievances hide the light of the world in me.”

My grievances show me what is not there, and hide from me what I would see. Recongizing this, what do I want my grievances for? They keep me in darkness and hide the light. Grievances and light cannot go together, but light and vision must be joined for me to see. To see, I must lay grievances aside. I want to see, and this will be the means by which I will succeed. Specific applications of this idea might be made in these forms:

”Let me not use this as a block to sight.”
    ”The light of the world will shine all this away.”
    ”I have no need for this, I want to see.”

70) ”My salvation comes from me.”

Today I will recognize where my salvation is. It is in me because its Source is there. It has not left its Source, and so it cannot have left my mind. I will not look for it outside myself. It is not found outside and then brought in. But from within me it will reach beyond, and everything I see will but reflect the light that shines in me and in itself. These forms of the idea are suitable for more specific applications:

”Let this not tempt me to look away from me for my salvation.”
    ”I will not let this interfere with my awareness of the Source of my salvation.”
    ”This has no power to remove salvation from me.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 86

These ideas are for review today:

71) ”Only God´s plan for salvation will work.”

It is senseless for me to search wildly for salvation. I have seen it in many people and in many things, but when I reached for it, it was not there. I was mistaken about where it is. I was mistaken about what it is. I will undertake no more idle seeking. Only God´s plan for salvation will work. And I will rejoice becase His plan can never fail. These are some suggested forms for applying this idea specifically:

”God´s plan for salvation will save me from my perception of this.”
    ”This is no exeption in God´s plan for my salvation.”
    ”Let me perceive this only in the light of God´s plan for salvation.”

72) ”Holding grievances is an attack on God´s plan for salvation.”

Holding grievances is an attempt to prove that God´s plan for salvation will not work. Yet only His plan will work. By holding grievances, I am therefore excluding my only hope of salvation from my awareness. I would no longer defeat my own best interests in this insane way. I would accept God´s plan for salvation, and be happy. Specific applications of this idea might be in these forms:

”I am choosing between misperception and salvation as I look on this.”
    ”If I see grounds for grievances in this, I will not see the grounds for my salvation.”
    ”This calls for salvation, not attack.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 87

Our review today will cover these ideas:

73) ”I will there be light.”

I will use the power of my will today. It is not my will to grope about in darkness, fearful of shadows and afraid of things unseen and unreal. Light shall be my guide today. I will follow it where it leads me, and I will look only on what it shows me. This day I will experience the peace of true perception. These forms of this idea would be helpful for specific applications:

”This cannot hide the light I will to see.”
    ”You stand with me in light, (name).”
    ”In the light this will look different.”

74) ”There is no will but God´s.”

I am safe today because there is no will but God´s. I can become afraid only when I believe there is another will. I try to attack only when I am afraid, and only when I try to attack can I believe that my eternal safety is threatened. Today I will recognize that all this has not occured. I am safe because there is no will but God´s. These are some useful forms of this idea for specific applications:

”Let me perceive this in accordance with the Will of God.”
    ”It is God´s Will you are His Son, (name), and mine as well.”
    ”This is part of God´s Will for me, however, I may see it.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 88
    Today we will review these ideas:

75) ”The light has come.”

In choosing salvation rather than attack, I merely choose to recognize what is already there. Salvation is a decision made already. Attack and greivances are not there to choose. That is why I always choose between truth and illusion; between what is there and wha tis not. The light has come. I can but choose the light, for it has no alternative. It has replaced the darkness, and the darkness has gone. These would proveuseful forms for specific applications of this idea:

”This cannot show me darkness,for the light has come.”
    ”The light in you is all that I would see, (name).”
    ”I would see in this only what is there.”

76) ”I am under no laws but God´s.”

Here is the perfect statement of my freedom. I am under no laws but God´s. I am constantly tempted to make up other laws and givet hem power over me. I suffer only because of my belief in them. They have no real effect on me at all. I am perfectly free of the effects of all laws save God´s. And His are the laws of freedom. For specific forms in applying this idea, these would be useful:

”My perception of this shows me I believe in laws that do not exist.”
    ”I see only the laws of God at work in this.”
    ”Let me allow God´s law to work in this, and not my own.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 89

These are our review ideas for today:

77) ”I am entitled to miracles.”

I am entitled to miracles because I am under no laws but God´s. His laws release me from all grievances,and replace them with miracles. And I would accept the miracles in place of the grievances, which are but illusions that hide the miracles beyond. Now I would accept only what the laws of God entitle me to have, that I may use it on behalf of the function. He has given me. You might use these suggestions for specific applications of this idea:

”Behind this is a miracle to which I am entitled.”
    ”Let me not hold grievanceagainst you, (name), but offer you the miracle that belongs to you instead.”
    ”Seen truly, this offers meamiracle.”

78 ”Let miracle replace all grievances.”

By this idea do I unite my will with the Holy Spirit´s, and perceive them as one. By this idea do I accept my release from hell. By this idea do I express my willingness to have all my illusions by replaced with truth, according to God´s plan for my salvation. I would make no exceptions and no substitutes. I want all of Heaven and only Heaven, as God wills me to have. Useful specific forms for applying this idea would be:

”I would not hold this grievance apart from my salvation.”
    ”Let our grievances be replaced by miracles, (name).”
    ”Beyond this is the miracle by which all my grievances are replaced.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 90

For this review we will use these ideas:

79) ” Let me recognize the problem so it can be solved.”

Let me realize today that the problem is always some form of grievance that I would cherish. Let me also understand that the solution is always a miracle with which I let the grievance be replaced. Today I would remember the simplicity of salvation by reinforcing the lesson that there is one problem and one solution. The problem is a grievance; the solution is a miracle. And I invite the solution to come to me through my forgiveness of the grievance, and my welcome of the miracle that takes its place. Specific applications of this idea might be in these forms:

”This presents a problem to me which I would have resolved.”
    ”The miracle behind this grievance will resolve it for me.”
    ”The answer to this problem is the miracle that it comceals.”

80) ”Let me recognize my problems have been solved.”

I seem to have problems only because I am misusing time. I believe that the problem comes first, and time must elapse before it can be worked out. I do not see the problem and the answer as simultaneous in their occurrence. That is because I do not yet realize that God has placed the answer together with the problem, so tht they cannot be separated by time. The Holy Spirit will teach me this, if I will let Him. And I will understand it is impossible that I could have a problem which has not been solved already. These forms of the idea will be useful for specific application:

”I need not wait for this to be resolved.”
    ”The answer to this problem is already given me, if I will accept it.”
    ”Time cannot separate this problem from its solution.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 91

”Miracles are seen in light.”

It is important to remember thatmiracles and vision necessarily go together. This needs repeating, and frequentrepeating. It is a central idea in your new thought system, and the perceptionthat it produces. The miracle is always there. Its presence is not caused byyour vision; its absence is not the result of your failure to see. It is onlyyour awareness of miracles that is affected. You will see them in the light;you will not see them in the dark. To you, then, light is crusial. While youremain in darkness, the miracle remains unseen. Thus you are convinced it isnot there. This follows from the premises from which the darkness comes. Denialof light leads to failure to perceive it. Failure to perceive light is toperceive darkness. The light is useless to you then, even though it is there.You cannot use it because its presence is unknown to you. And the seemingreality of the darkness makes the idea of light meaningless. To be told thatwhat you do not see is there sounds like insanity. It is very difficult tobecome convinced that it is insanity not to see what is there, and to see whatis not there instead. You do not doubt that the body´s eyes can see. You do notdoubt the images they show you are reality. Your faith lies in the darkness,not the light. How can this be reversed? For you it is impossible, but you arenot alone in this. Your efforts, however little they may be, have strongsupport. Did you but realize how great this strength, you dobuts would vanish.Today we will devote ourselves to the attempt to let you feel this strength.When you have felt the strength in you, which makes all miracles within youreasy reach, you will not doubt. The miracles you sense of weakness hides willleap into awareness as you feel the strength in you. Three times today, setaside about then minutes for a quiet time in which you try to leave yourweakness behind. This is accomplished very simply, as you instruct yourselfthat you are not a body. Faith goes to what you want, and you instruct yourmind accordingly. Your will remains your teacher, and your will has all thestrength to do what it desires. You can escape the body if you choose. You canexperience the strength in you. Begin the longer practice periods with thisstatement of true cause and effect relationships:

”Miracles are seen in light.
    The body´s eyes do not perceivethe light.
    But I am not a body. What am I?”

The question will which thisstatement ends is needed for our exercises today. What you think you are is abelief to be undone. But what you really are must be revealed to you. Thebelief you are a body calls for correction, being a mistake. The truth of whatyou are calls on the strength in yhhou to bring to your awareness what themistake conceals. If you are not a body, what are you? You need to be aware ofwhat the Holy Spirit uses to replace the image of a body in your mind. You needto feel something to put your faith in, as you lift it from the body. You needa real experience of something else, something more solid and more sure; moreworthy of your faith, and really there. If you are not a body, what are you?Ask this in honesty, and then devote several minutes to allowing your mistakenthoughts about your attributes to be corrected, and their opposites to taketheir place. Say, for example:

”I am not weak, but strong.”
    ”I am not helpless, but allpowerful.”
    I am not limited, but unlimited.”
    I am not doubtful, but certain.”
    ”I am not an illusion, but areality.”
    ”I cannot see in darkness, butin light.”

In the second phase of theexercise period, try to experience these truths about yourself. Concentrateparticularly on the experience of strength. Remember that all sense of weaknessis associated with the belief you are a body, a belief that is mistaken anddeserves no faith. Try to remove your faith from it, if only for a moment. Youwill be accustomed to keeping faith with the more worthy in you as we go along.Relax for the rest of the practice period, confident that your efforts, howevermeager, are fully supported by the strength of God and all His Thoughts. It isfrom Them that your strength will come. It is through Their strong support thatyou will feel the strength in you. They are united with you in this practiceperiod, in which you share a purpose like Their own. Theirs is the light inwhich you will see miracles, because Their strength is yours. Their strengthbecomes your eyes, that you may see. Five or six times an hour, at reasonablyregular intervals, remind yourself that miracles are seen in light. Also, besure to meet temptation with today´s idea. This form would be helpful for thisspecial purpose:

”Miracles are seen in light.
    Let me not close my eyes becauseof this.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 92

”Miracles are seen in light, andlight and strength are one.”

The idea for today in anextension of the previous one. You do not think of light in terms of strength,and darkness in terms of weakness. That is because your idea of what seeingmeans is tied up with the body and its eyes and brain. Thus you believe thatyou can change what you see but putting little bits of glass before your eyes.This is among the many magical beliefs that come from the conviction you are abody, and the body´s eyes can see. You also believe the body´s brain can think.If you but understood the nature of thought, you could but laugh at this insaneidea. It is as if you thought you held the match that lights the sun and givesit all its warmth; or that you held the match that lights the sun and gives itall its warmth; or that you held the world within your hand, securely bounduntil you let it go. Yet this is no more foolish than to believe the body´seyes can see; the brain can think. It is God´s strength in you that is thelight in which you see, as it is His Mind with which you think. His strengthdenies your weakness. It is your weakness that sees through the body´s eyes,peering about in darkness to behold the likeness of itself; the small, theweak, the sickly and the dying, those in need, the helpless and afraid, thesad, the poor, the starving and the joyless. These are seen through eyes thatcannot see and cannot bless. Strength overlooks these things by seeing past appearances.It keeps its steady gaze upon the light that lies beyond them. It unites withlight, of which it is a part. It sees itself. It brings the light in which yourSelf appears. In darkness you perceive a self that is not there. Strength isthe truth about you; weakness is an idol falsely worshipped and adored thatstrength may be dispelled, and darkness rule where God appointed that thereshould be light. Strength comes from truth, and shines with light its Sourcehas given it; weakness reflects the darkness of its maker. It is sick and lookson sickness, which is like itself. Truth is a savior and can only will forhappiness and peace for everyone. It gives its strength to everyone who asks,in limitless supply. It sees that lack in anyone would be a lack in all. And soit gives its light that all may see and benefit as one. Its strength is sharedis shared, that it may bring to all the miracle in which they will unite inpurpose and forgiveness and in love. Weakness, which looks in darkness, cannotsee a purpose in forgiveness and in love. It sees all others different fromitself, and nothing in the world that it would share. It judges and condemns,but does not love. In darkness it remains to hide itself, an dreams that it isstrong and conquering, a victor over limitations that but grow in darkness toenormous size. It fears and it attacks and hates itself, and darkness coverseverything it sees, leaving it dreams as fearful as itself. No miracles arehere, but only hate. It separates itself from what it sees, while light andstrength perceive themselves as one. The light of strength is not the light yousee. It does not change and flicker and go out. It does not shift from night today, and back till the morning comes again. The light of strength is constant,sure as love, forever glad to give itself away, because it cannot give but toitself. No one can ask in vain th share its sight, and none who enters itsabode can leave without a miracle before his eyes, and strength and lightabides in his heart. The strength in you will offer you the light, and guideyour seeing so you do not dwell on idle shadows that the body´s eyes providefor self-deception. Strength and light unite in you, and where they meet, yourSelf stands ready to embrace you as Its Own. Such is the meeting place we trytoday to find and rest in, for the peace of God is where your Self, His Son, iswaiting now to meet Itself again, and be as one. Let us give twenty minutestwice today to join this meeting. Let yourself be brought unto your Self. Itsstrength will be the light in which the gift of sight is given you. Leave,then, the dark a little while today, and we will practice seeing in the light,closing the body´s eyes and asking truth to show u show to find the meetingplace of slef and Self, where light and strength are one. Morning and eveningwe will practice thus. After the morning meeting, we will use the day inpreparation for the time at night when we will meet again in trust. Let us repeatas often as we can the idea for today, and recognize that we are beingintroduced to sight, and led away from darkness to the light where onlymiracles can be perceived.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 92

”Miracles are seen in light, andlight and strength are one.”

The idea for today in anextension of the previous one. You do not think of light in terms of strength,and darkness in terms of weakness. That is because your idea of what seeingmeans is tied up with the body and its eyes and brain. Thus you believe thatyou can change what you see but putting little bits of glass before your eyes.This is among the many magical beliefs that come from the conviction you are abody, and the body´s eyes can see. You also believe the body´s brain can think.If you but understood the nature of thought, you could but laugh at this insaneidea. It is as if you thought you held the match that lights the sun and givesit all its warmth; or that you held the match that lights the sun and gives itall its warmth; or that you held the world within your hand, securely bounduntil you let it go. Yet this is no more foolish than to believe the body´seyes can see; the brain can think. It is God´s strength in you that is thelight in which you see, as it is His Mind with which you think. His strengthdenies your weakness. It is your weakness that sees through the body´s eyes,peering about in darkness to behold the likeness of itself; the small, theweak, the sickly and the dying, those in need, the helpless and afraid, thesad, the poor, the starving and the joyless. These are seen through eyes thatcannot see and cannot bless. Strength overlooks these things by seeing pastappearances. It keeps its steady gaze upon the light that lies beyond them. Itunites with light, of which it is a part. It sees itself. It brings the lightin which your Self appears. In darkness you perceive a self that is not there.Strength is the truth about you; weakness is an idol falsely worshipped andadored that strength may be dispelled, and darkness rule where God appointedthat there should be light. Strength comes from truth, and shines with lightits Source has given it; weakness reflects the darkness of its maker. It issick and looks on sickness, which is like itself. Truth is a savior and canonly will for happiness and peace for everyone. It gives its strength toeveryone who asks, in limitless supply. It sees that lack in anyone would be alack in all. And so it gives its light that all may see and benefit as one. Itsstrength is shared is shared, that it may bring to all the miracle in whichthey will unite in purpose and forgiveness and in love. Weakness, which looksin darkness, cannot see a purpose in forgiveness and in love. It sees allothers different from itself, and nothing in the world that it would share. Itjudges and condemns, but does not love. In darkness it remains to hide itself,an dreams that it is strong and conquering, a victor over limitations that butgrow in darkness to enormous size. It fears and it attacks and hates itself,and darkness covers everything it sees, leaving it dreams as fearful as itself.No miracles are here, but only hate. It separates itself from what it sees,while light and strength perceive themselves as one. The light of strength isnot the light you see. It does not change and flicker and go out. It does notshift from night to day, and back till the morning comes again. The light ofstrength is constant, sure as love, forever glad to give itself away, becauseit cannot give but to itself. No one can ask in vain th share its sight, andnone who enters its abode can leave without a miracle before his eyes, andstrength and light abides in his heart. The strength in you will offer you thelight, and guide your seeing so you do not dwell on idle shadows that the body´seyes provide for self-deception. Strength and light unite in you, and wherethey meet, your Self stands ready to embrace you as Its Own. Such is themeeting place we try today to find and rest in, for the peace of God is whereyour Self, His Son, is waiting now to meet Itself again, and be as one. Let usgive twenty minutes twice today to join this meeting. Let yourself be broughtunto your Self. Its strength will be the light in which the gift of sight isgiven you. Leave, then, the dark a little while today, and we will practiceseeing in the light, closing the body´s eyes and asking truth to show u show tofind the meeting place of slef and Self, where light and strength are one.Morning and evening we will practice thus. After the morning meeting, we willuse the day in preparation for the time at night when we will meet again intrust. Let us repeat as often as we can the idea for today, and recognize thatwe are being introduced to sight, and led away from darkness to the light whereonly miracles can be perceived.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 LastLast