Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 LastLast

Thread: IA´s Journal

Re: IA´s Journal

LESSON 139

”I will accept Atonement for myself.”

Here is the end of choice. For here we come to a decision to accept ourselves as God created us. And what is choice except uncertainty of what we are? There is no doubt that is not rooted here. There is no question but reflects this one. There is no conflict that does not entail the single, simple question, ”What am I? Yet who could ask this question except one who has refused to recognize himself? Only refusal to accept yourself could make the question seem to be sincere. The only thing that can be surely known by any living thing is what it is. From this one point of certaintly, it looks on other things as certain as itself. Uncertainty about what you must be is self-deception on a scale so vast, its magnitude can hardly be conceived. To be alive and not to know yourself is to believe that you are really dead. For what is life except to be yourself, and what but you can bealive instead? Who is the doubter? What is it he doubts? Whom does he question?Who can answer him? He merely states that he is not himself, and therefore,being something else, becomes a questioner of what that something is. Yet he could never be alive at all unless he knew the answer. If he asks as if he does not know, it merely shows he does not want to be the thing he is. He has accepted it because he lives; he judged against it and denied its worth, and has decided that he does not know the only certainty by which he lives. Thus he becomes uncertain of his life, for what it is he been denied by him. It is for this denial that you need Atonement. Your denial made no change in what you are. But you have split your mind into what knows and does not know the truth. You are yourself. There is no doubt of this. And yet you doubt it. But you do no task what part of you can really doubt yourself. It cannot really be a part of you that asks this question. For it asks of one who knows the answer. Were it part of you, then certainty would be impossible. Atonement remedies the strange idea that it is possible to doubt yourself, and be unsure of what you really are. This is the debth of madness. Yet it is the universal question of the world. What does this mean except the world is mad? Why share its madness in the sad belief that what is unversal here is true? Nothing the world Believes is true. It is a place whose purpose is to be a home where those who claim they do not know themselves can come to question what it is they are. And they will come again until the time. Atonement is accepted, and they learn it is impossible to doubt yourself, and not to be aware of what you are. Only acceptance can be asked of you, for what you are is certain. It is set for ever in the holy Mind of God, and in your own. It is so far beyond all doubt and question that to ask what it must be is all the proof you need to show that you believe the contradiction that you know not what you cannot fail to know. Is this a question, or a statement which denies itself in statement? Let us not allow our holy minds to occupy themselves with senseless musings such as this.We have a mission here. We did not come to reinforce the madness that we only believed in. Let us not forget the goal to gain. What we accept as what we are proclaims what everyone must be, along with us. Fail not your brothers, or you fail yourself. Look lovingly on them, that they may know that they are part of you, and you of them. This does Atonement teach, and demonstrates the oneness of God´s Son is unassailed by his belief he knows not what he is. Today accept Atonement, not to change reality, but merely to accept the truth about yourself,and go your way rejoicing in the endless Love of God. It is but this that we are asked to do. It is but this that we will do today. Five minutes in the morning and at night we will devote to dedicate our minds to our assignment for today. We start with this review of what our mission is:

”I will accept Atonement for myself,
    For I remain as God created me.”

We have not lost the knowledge that God gave to us when He created us like Him. And in our memory is there call how dear our brothers are to us in truth, how much a part of us in every mind, how faithful they have really been to us, and how our Father´s Love contains them all. In thanks for all creation, in the Name of its Creator and His Oneness with all aspects of creation, we repeat our dedication to our cause today each hour, as we lay aside all thoughts that would distract us from our holy aim. For several minutes let your mind be cleared of all the foolish cobwebs which the world woud weave around the holy Son of God. And learn the fragile nature of the chains that seem to keep the knowledge of yourself apartf rom your awareness, as you say:

”I will accept Atonement for myself,
    For I remain as God created me.”

Love
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 140

”Only salvation can be said to cure.”

”Cure” is a word that cannot be applied to any rememdy the world accepts as beneficial. What the world preceives as therapeutic is but what will make the body ”better.” When it tries to heal the mind, it sees no separation from the body, where it thinks the mind exists. Its forms of healing thus must substitute illusion for illusion. One belief in sickness takes another form, and so the patient now perceives himself as well. He is not healed. He merely had a dream that he was sick, and in the dream he found a magic formula to make him well. Yet he has not awakened from the dream, and so his mind remains exactly as it was before. He has not seen the light that would awaken him and end the dream. What difference does the content of a dream make in reality? One either sleeps or wakens. There is nothing in between. The happy dreams the Holy Spirit brings are different from the dreaming of the world, where one can merely dream he is awake. The dreams forgiveness lets the mind perceive do not induce another from of sleep, so that the dreamer dreams another dream. His hapyy dreams are heralds of the dawn oftruth upon the mind. They lead from sleep to gentle waking, so that dreams are gone. And thus they cure for all eternity. Atonement heals with certainty, andcures all sickness. For the mind which understands that sickness can be nothing but a dream is not deceived by forms the dream may take. Sickness where guilt is absent cannot come, for it is but another form of guilt. Atonement does not heal the sick, for that is not a cure. It takes away the guilt that makes the sickness possible. And that is cure indeed. For sickness now is gone, with nothing left to which it can return. Peace be to you who have been cured in God, and not in idle dreams. For cure must come from holiness, and holiness cannot be found where sin is cherished. God abides in holy temples. He is barred where sin has entered. Yet there is no place where He is not. And therefore sin can have no home in which to hide from His beneficence. There is no place where holiness is not, and nowhere sin and sickness can abide. This is the thought that cures. It does not make distinctions among unrealities. Nor does it seek to heal what is not sick, unmindful where the need for healing is. This is no magic. It is merely an appeal to truth, which cannot fail to heal and heal forever. It is not a thought that judges an illusion by its size, its seeming gravity, or anything that is related to the form it takes. It merely focuses onwhat it is, and knows that no illusion can be real. Let us not try today to seek to cure what cannot suffer sickness. Healing must be sought but where it is, and then applied to what is sick, so that it can be cured. There is no remedy the world provides than can effect a change in anything. The mind that brings illusions to the truth is really changed. There is no change but this.For now can one illusion differ from another but in attributes that have no substance, no reality, no core, and nothing that is truly different? Today we seek to change our minds about the source of sickness, for we seek a cure for all illusions, not another shift among them. We will try today to find the source of healing, which is in our minds because our Father placed it there forus. It is not farther from us than ourselves. It is as near to us as our ownt houghts; so close it is impossible to lose. We need but seek it and it must befound. We will not be misled today by what appears to us as sick. We go beyond appearances today and reach the source of healing, from which nothing i sexempt. We will succeed to the extent to which we realize that there can neverbe a meaningful distinction made between what is untrue and equally untrue.Here there are no degrees, and no beliefs that what does not exist is truer in some forms than others. All of them are false, and can be cured because they are not true. So do we lay aside our amulets, our charms and medicines, our chants and bits of magic in whatever form they take. We will be still and listen for the Voice of healing. Which will cure all ills as one, restoring saneness to the Son of God. No voice but This can cure. Today we hear a single Voice Which speaks to us of truth, where all illusions end, and peace returns to the eternal, quiet home of God. We waken hearing Him, and let Him speak to usfive minutes as the day begins, and end the day by listening again five minutes more before we go to sleep. Our only presentation is to let our interfering thoughts be laid aside, not separately, but all of them as one. They are the same. We have no need to make them different, and thus delay the time when we can hear our Father speak to us. We hear Him now. We come to Him today. With nothing in our hands to which we cling, with lifted hearts and listening minds we pray:

”Only salvation can be said to cure.
    Speak to us, Father, that we may be healed.”

And we will feel salvation cover us with soft protection, and with peace so deep that no illusion can disturb our minds, nor offer proof to us that it is real. This will we learn today. And we will sa your prayer for healing hourly, and take a minute as the hour strikes,to hear the answer to our prayer be given us as we attend in silence and inj oy. This is the day when healing comes to us. This is the day when separation ends, and we remember Who we really are.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

REVIEW IV

Now we review again, this time aware we are preparing for the secone part of learning how the truth can be applied. Today we will begin to concentrate on readiness for what will follow next. Such is our aim for this review, and for the lessons following. Thus, we review the recent lessons and their central thoughts in such a way as will facilitate the readiness that we would now achieve. There is a central theme that unifies each step in the review we undertake, which can be simply stated in these words:

”My mind holds only what I Think with God.”

That is a fact, and represents the truth of What you are and What your Father is. It is this thought by which the Father gave creation to the Son, establishing the Son as co-creator with Himself. It is this thought that fully guarantees salvation to the Son. For in his mind no thoughts can dwell but those his Father shares. Lack of forgivenessblocks this thought from his awareness. Yet it is forever true. Let us beginour preparation with some understanding of the many forms in which the lack oftrue forgiveness may be carefully concealed. Because they are illusions, theyare not perceived to be but what they are; defences that protect yourunforgining thoughts from being seen and recognized. Their purpose is to show yousomething else, and hold correction off though self-deceptions made to take itsplace. And yet, your mind holds only what you think with God. Yourself-deceptions cannot take the place of truth. No more than can a child who throws a stick into the ocean change the coming and the going of the tides, the warming of the water by the sun, the silver of the moon on it by night. So do we start each practice period in this review with readying our minds to understand the lessons that we read, and see the meaning that they offer us.Begin each day with time devoted to the preparation of your mind to learn what each idea you will review that day can offer you in freedom and in peace. Open your mind, and clear it of all thoughts that would deceive, and let this thought alone engage it fully, and remove the rest:

”My mind hold only what I Think with God.”

Five minutes with this thought will be enough to set the day along the lines which God appointed, and to Place His Mind in charge of all the thoughts you will recive that day. They will not come from you alone, for they will all be shared with Him. And so each one will bring the message of His Love to you, returning messages of yours to Him. So will communion with the Lord of Hosts be yours, as He Himself has willed it be. And as His Own completion joins with Him, so will He join with you who are complete as you unite with Him, and He with you. After your preparation, merely reach each of the two ideas assigned to you to be reviewed that day. Then Close your eyes, and say them slowly to yourself. There is no hurry now, for you are using time for its intended purpose. Let each word shine, with the meaning God has given it, as it was given to you through His Voice. Let each idea which you review that day give you the gift that He has laid in it for you to have of Him. And we will use no format for our practicing but this:
    Each hour of the day, bring to your mind the thought with which the day began, and spend a quiet moment with it. The repeat the two ideas you practice for the day unhurriedly, with time enough to see the gifts that they contain for you, and let them be received where they were meant to be. We add no other thoughts, but let these be the messages they are. We need no more than this to give us happiness and rest, and endless quiet, perfect certainty, and all our Father wills that we receive as the inheritance we have of Him. Each day of practicing, as we review, we closeas we began, repeating first the thought that made the day a special time of blessing and of happiness for us; and through our faitfulness restored the world from darkness to the light, from grief to joy, from pain to peace, from sin to holiness. God offers thanks to you who practice thus the keeping of His Word. And as you give your mind to the idea for the day again before you sleep,His gratitude surrounds you in the peace wherein He wills you be forever, and are learning now to claim again as your inheritance.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 141

”My mind holds only what I think with God.”

121) ”Forgiveness is the key to happiness.”

122) ”Forgiveness offers everything I want.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 142

123) ”I thank my Father for His gifts to me.”

124) ”Let me remeber I am one with God.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 143

125) ”In quiet I receive God´s Word today.”

126) ”All that I give is given to myself.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 144

127) ”There is no love but God´s.”

128 ”The world I see holds nothing that I want.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 145

129) ”Beyond this world there is a world I want.”

130) ”It is impossible to see two worlds.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 146

131) ”No one can fail who seeks to reach the truth.”

132) ”I loose the world from all I thought it was.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

LESSON 147

133) ”I will not value what is valueless.”

134) ”Let me perceive forgiveness as it is.”

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 LastLast