Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 LastLast

Thread: IA´s Journal

Re: IA´s Journal

The Ego-Body Illusion.

All things work together for good. There are no expectations except in the ego´s judgment. The ego exerts maximal vigilance about what it permits into awareness, and this is not the way a balanced mind holds together.
    The ego is thrown further off balance because it keeps its primary motivation from your awareness, and raises control rather than sanity to predominace. The ego has every reasonto do this, according to the thought system which gave rise to it an which it serves. Sane judgment wouldd inevvitably judge against the ego, and must be obliterated by the ego in the interst of its self-presevation.
    A major source of the ego´s off-balanced state is its lack of discrimination between the body and the Thoughts of God. Thoughts of God are unacceptable to the ego, because they clearly point to the nonexistence of the ego itself.
    The ego therefore either distorts them or refuses to accept them. It cannot, however, make them cease to be.
    It therefore tries to conceal not only "unacceptable" body impulses, but also the Thoughts of God, because both are threatening to itl. Being concerned primarly with its own preservation in the face of threat, the ego perceives them as the same. By perceiving them as the same, the ego attempts to save itself from being swept away, as it would surely be in the presence of knowledge.
    Any thought system that cunfuses God and the body must be insane. Yet this confusion is essential to the ego, which judges only in terms of threat of non-threat to itself. In one sense the ego´s fear of God is at least logical, since the idea of Him does dispel the ego.
    But fear of the body, with which the eggo identifies so closely, makes no sense at all.
    The body is the ego´s home by its own election. It is the only identification with which the ego feels safe, since the body´s vulnerablility is its own best argument that you cannot be of God. This is the belief that the ego sponsors eagerly. Yet the ego hates the body, because it cannot accept it as good enough to be its home.
    Here is where the mind becomes actually dazed. Being told by the ego that it is really part of the body and that the body is its protector, the mind is also told that the body cannot protect it.
    Therefore, the mind asks, "Where can I go for protection?" to which the ego replies, "Turn to me". The mind, and not without cause, reminds the ego that it has itself insited that it is identified with the body, so there is no point in turning to it for protection. The ego has no real answer to this because there is none, but it does have a typical solution. It obliterates the question from the mind´s awareness. Once out of awareness the question can and does produce unesiness, but it cannot be answered because it cannot be asked.
    This is the question that must be asked: "Where can I go for protection?" "Seek and ye shall find" does not mean that you should seek blindly and desperately for something you would not recognize. Meaningful seeking is consiously undertaken, conciously organized and conciously directed. The goal must be formulated clearly and kept in mind. Learning and wanting to learn are inseparable. You learn best when you believe what you are trying to learn is of value to you. However, not evertything you may want to learn has lasting value. Indeed, many of the things you want to learn may be chosen because their value will not last.
    The ego thinks it is an advantage not to commit itself to anything that is eternal, because the eternal must come from God. Eternalness is the one function the ego has tried to develop, bbut ha systematically failed to achieve.
    The ego compromises with the issue of the eternal, just as it does with all issues touching on the real question in any way. By becoming involved with tangential issues, it hopes to hide the real question and keep it out of mind.
    The ego´s characteristic busy-ness with nonessentials is for precisely that purpose.
    Preoccupations with problems set up to be incapable of solution are favorite ego devices for impeding learning progress. In all these diversional tactics, however, the one question that is never asked by those who pursue them is, "What for?" This is the question that you must learn to ask in connection with everything.
    What is the purpose? Whatever it is, will direct your efforts automatically. When you make a decision of purpose, then, you have made a decision about your future effort;a decision that will remain in effect unless you change your mind.

Love
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

I want to share lesson number 31 with you all,

I am not working too deep with each of the lessons because I do not want to awaken too much fear as I am invaded with it already very much, my plan is to work with these lessons for many years to come.

"I am not the victim of the world I see"

Today´s idea is the introduction to your declaration of relese.
    Again, the idea should be applied to both the world you see without and the world you see within.
    In applying the idea, we will use a form of practice which will be more and more, with changes as indicated.
    Generally speaking, the form includes two aspects, one in which you apply the idea on a more sustained basis, and the other consisting of frequent applications of the idea throughout the day.
    Two onger periods of practice with the idea for today are needed, one in the morning and one at night.
    Three to five minutes for each of these are recomended. During that time, look about you slowly while repeating the idea to your inner world. You will escape from both together, for the inner is the cause of the outer.
    As you survey your inner world, merely let whatever thoughts cross your mind come into your awareness, each to be considered for a moment, and then replace by the next. Try not to establish any kind of hierachy among them.
    Watch them come and go as dispassionately as possible. Do not dwell on any one in particular, but try to let the stream move on evenly and calmly, without any special investment on your part. As you sit and quietly watch your thoughts, repeat today´s idea to yourself as often as you care to, but with no sense of hurry.
    In addition, repeat the idea for today as often as possible during the day.
    Remind yourself that you are making a declaration of independence in the name of your own freedom.
    And in your freedom lies the freedom of the world.
    The idea for today is also a particularly useful one to use as a response to any form of temptation that may arise.
    It is a declaration that you will not yield to it, and put yourself in bondage.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

The Rewards of God.

The ego does not recognize the real source of "threat", and if you accosiate yourself with the ego, you do not understand the situation as it is. Only your allegiance to it gives the ego any power over you.
    I have spoken of the ego as if it were a spearated thing, acting on its own. This was necessary to persuade you that you cannot dismiss it lightly, and must realize how much of your thinking is ego-directed.
    We cannot safely let it go at that, however, or you will regard yourself as necessarily conflicted as long as you are here, or as long as you believe that you are here. The ego is nothing more than a part of your belief about yourself.
    Your other life has continued without interruption, and has been and always will be totally unaffected by your attempts to dissociate it.
    In learning to escape from illusions, your debt to your brother is something you must never forget. It is the same debt that you owe to me. Whenever you act egotistically towards another, you are throwing away the graciousness of your indebtedness and the holy perception it would produce. The term "holy" can be used here because, as you learn how much you are indebted to the whole Sonship, which includes me, you come as close to knowledge as perception can. The gap is then small that knowledge can easily flow across it and obliterate it forever.
    You have very little trust in me as yet, but it will increase as you turn more and more often to me insteadd of to your ego for guidance.
    The results will convince you increasingly that this choice is the only sane one you can make.
    No one who learns from experience that one choice brings peace and joy while another brings chaos and disaster needs additional convincing. Learning through rewards is more effective than learning through pain, because pain is an ego illusion, and can never induce more than a temporary effect. The rewards of God, however, are immediately recognized as eternal. Since the recognition is made by you and not the ego, the recognition itself establishes that you and your ego cannot be identical. You may believe that you have already accepted this difference, but you are by no means convinced as yet. The fact that you believe you must escape from the ego shows this; but you cannot escape from the ego by humbling it or controlling it or punishing it.
    The ego and the spirit do not know each other.
    The separated mind cannot maintain the separation except by dissociating. Having done this, it denies all truly natural impulses, not because the ego is a separate thing, but because you want to believe that you are.
    The ego is a device for maintaining this belief, but it is still only your decision to use the device that enables it to endure.
    How can you teach someone the value of something he has deliberately thrown away? He must have thrown it away because he did not value it. You can only show him how miserable he is without it, and slowly bring it nearer so he can learn how his meserry lessens as he approaches it.
    This teaches him to associate his misery with its absdence, and the opposite of misery with its presence. It gradually becomes desirable as he changes his mind about its worth. I am teaching you to associate misery with the ego and joy with the spirit. You have taught yourself the opposite. You are still free to choose, but can you really want the rewardss of the ego in the presence of the rewards of God?
    My trust in you is greater than yours in me at the moment, but it will not always be that way. Your mission is very simple. You are asked to live so as to demostrate that you are not an ego, and I do not choose God´s channels wrongly. The Holy One shares my trust, and accepts my Atonement decisions because my will is never out of accord with His. I have said before that I am in charge of the Atonement. This is only because I completed my part in it as a man, and can now complete it through others. My chosen channels cannot fail, because I will lend them my strength as long as theirs is waiting.
    I will go with you to the Holy One, and through my perception He can bridge the little gap. Your gratitude to your brother is the only gift I want. I will bring it to God for you, knowing that to know your brother is to know God.
    If you are gratful to your brother, you are greatful to God what he created. Through your gratitude you come to know your brother, and one moment of real recognition makes everyone your brother because each of them is of your Father. Love does not conqure all things, but it does set all things right. Because you are the Kingdom of God I can lead you back to your own creations. You do not recognize them now, but what has been dissociated is still here
    As you come closer to a brother you approach me, and as you withdraw from him I become distant to you.
    Salvation is a collaborative venture. It cannot be undertaken sucessfully by those who disengage themselves from the Sonship, because they are disengaging themselves from me.
    God will come to you only as you will give Him to your brothers. Learn first of them and you will be ready to hear God. That is because the function of Love is one.

Love
    Last edited by IA56; 22nd June 2014 at 08:57 AM.
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Creation and Communication.

It is clear that while the content of any particular ego-illusion does not matter, its correction is more helpful in a specific context. Ego-illusions are quite specific, although the mind is naturally abstract.
    Part of the mind becomes concrete, however, when it splits.
    The concrete part believes in the ego, because the ego depends on the concrete. The ego is a part of the mind that believes your existence is defined by separation.
    Everything the ego perceives is a spearate whole, without the relationships that imply being. The ego is thus against communication, except insofar as it is utilized to establish separateness rather than to abolish it. The communication system of the ego is based on its own thought system, as is everything els it dictates. Its communication is controlled by its need to protect itself, and it will disrupt comminication when it experiences threat
    This disruption is a reaction to a specific person or persons. The specificity of the ego´s thinking, then, results in spurious generalization which is really not abstract at all. It merely responds in certain specific ways to everything it perceives as related. In contrast, spirit reacts in the same way to everything it knows is true, and does not respond at all to anytning else. Nor does it make any attempt to establish what is true. It knows that what is true is everything that God created. It is in complete and direct communication with every aspect of creation, because it is in complete and direct communication with its Creator. This communication is the Will of God. Creation and communication are synonymous. God created every mind by communicating His Mind to it, thus establishing it forever as a channel for the reception of His Mind, and Will.
    Since only beings of a like order can truly communicate. His creations naturally communicate with Him and like Him. This communication is perfectly abstract, since its quality is universal in application. God created you by this and for this. The mind can distort its function, but it cannot endow itself with functions it was not given.
    That is why the mind cannot totally lose the ability to communicate, even though it may refuse to utilize it on behalf of being.
    Existence as well as being rest on communication. Existence, however, is specific in how, what and with whom communication is judged to be worth undertaking. Being is completely without these distinctions. It is a state in which the mind is in communication with everything that is real. To whatever extent you permit this state to be curtailed you are limiting your sense of your own reality, which becomes total only recognizing all reality in the glorious context of its real relationship to you. This is your reality. Do not desecrate it or recoil from it. It is your real home, your real temple and your real Self.
    God, Who encompass all being, created beings who have everything individually, but who want to share it to increase their joy. Nothing real can be increased except by sharing. That is why God created you. Divine Abstraction takes joy in sharing. That is what creation means. "How", "what" and "to whom" are irrelevant, because real creation gives everything, since it can create only like itself. Remember that in the Kingdom there is no difference between having and being, as there is in existence. In the state of being the mind gives everything always.
    The Bible repeatedly states that you should priase God. This hardly means that you should tell Him how wonderful He is. He has no ego with which to accept such praise, and no perception with which to judge it.
    But unless you take part in the creation, His joy is not complete because yours is incomplete. And this He does know. He knows it in His Own Being and its experience of His Son´s experience. The constant going out of His Love is blocked when His channels are closed, and He is lonely when the minds He created do not communicate fully with Him.
    God has kept your kingdom for you, but He connot share His joy with you until you know it with your whole mind.
    Revelation is not enough, because it is only communcation from God. God does not need revelation returned to Him, which would clearly be impossible, but He does want it brought to others. This cannot be done with the actual revelation; its content cannot be expressed, because it is intensely personal to the mind that receives it. It can, however, be returned by the mind to other minds, through the attitudes the knowledge from the revelation brings.
    God is praised, whenever any mind learns to be wholly helpful.
    This is impossible without being wholly harmless, because the two beliefs must coexist. The truly helpful are invulnerable, because they are not protecting their egos and so nothing can hurt them.
    Their helpfulness is their praise to God, and He will return their praise of Him because they are like Him, and they can rejoice together. God goes out to them and through them, and there is great joy throughout the Kingdom.
    Every mind that is changed adds to this joy with its individual willingness to share in it. This truly helpful are God´s miracle workers, whom I direct until we are all united in the joy of the Kingdom. I will direct you to wherever you can be truly helpful, and to whoever can follow my guidance through you.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Healing and Wholeness.

To heal is to make happy. I have told you to think how many opportunities you have had to gladden yourself, and how many you have refused. This is the same as telling you that you have refused to heal yourself.
    The light that belongs to you is the light of joy. Radiance is not associated with sorrow. Joy calls forth an intergrated willingness to share it, and promotes the mind´s natural impuls to respong as one. Those who attempt to heal without being wholly joyous themselves call forth different kinds of responses at the same time, and thus deprive others of the joy of responding whole-heartedly.
    To be whole-hearted you must be happy. If fear and love cannot coexist, and if it is impossible to be wholly fearful and remain alive, the only possible whole state is that of love. There is no difference between love and joy.
    Therefore, the only possible whole state is the wholly joyous. To heal or make joyous is therefore the same as to intergrate and to make one. That is why it makes no difference to what part or by what part of the Sonship the healing is offered.
    Every part benefits, and benefits equally.
    You are being blessed by every beneficent though of any of your brothers anywhere. You should want to bless them in return, our of gratitude. You need not know them individually, or they you. The light is so strong that it radiates throughout the Sonship and returns thanks to the Father for radiating His joy upon it. Only God´s holy children are worthy channels of His beautiful joy, because only they are beautiful enough to hold it by sharing it. It is impossible for a child of God to love his neighbor execpt as himself. That is why the healing prayer is:

"Let me know this brother as I know myself".

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

The Invitation to the Holy Spirit.

Healing is a thought by which two minds perceive their oneness and become glad. This gladness calls to every part of the Sonship to rejoice with them, and lets God go out into them and through them.
    Only the healed mind can experience revelation with lasting effect, because revelation is an experience of pure joy.
    If you do not choose to be wholly joyous, your mind cannot have what it does not choose to be. Remember that spirit knows no difference between having and being. The higher mind thinks according to the laws spirit obeys, and therefore honors only the laws of God. To spirit getting is meaningless and giving is all. Having everything, spirit holds everything by giving it, and thus creates as the Father created. While this kind of thinking is totally alien to having things, even to the lower mind it is quite comprehansible in connection with ideas.
    If you share a physical possession, you do divide into ownership. If you share an idea, however, you do not lessen it. All of it is still yours although all of it has been given away. Further, if the one to whom you give it accepts it as his, he reinforces it in your mind and thus increases it. If you can accept the concept that the world is one of ideas, the whole belief in the false association the ego makes between giving and losing is gone.
    Let us start our process of reawakening with just a few simple concepts:

Thoughts increase by being given away.
    The more who believe in them the stronger they
    become.
    Everything is an idea.
    How, then, can given and losing be associated?

This is the invitation to the Holy Spirit. I have said already that I can reach up and bring the Holy Spirit down to you, but I can bring Him to you only at your own invitation. The Holy Spirit is in your right mind, as He was in mind. The Bible says, "May the mind be in you that was also in Christ Jesus," and uses this as a blessing. It is the blessing of miracle-mindedness. It asks that you may think as I thought, joining with me in Christ-thinking.
    The Holy Spirit is the only part of the Holy Trinity that has a symbolic function. He is referred to as the Healer, the Comforter and the Guide. He is also described as something "separate,"apart from the Father and from the Son. I myself said, "If I go I will send you another Comforter and He will abide with you." His symbolic function makes the Holy Spirit difficult to understand, because symbolism is open to different interpretations. As a man and also one of God´s creations, my right thinking, which came from the Holy Spirit or the Universal Inspiration, taught me first and foremost that this Inspiration is for all. I could not have It myselfWithout knowing this. The word "know" is proper in this context, because the Holy Spirit is so close to knowledge that He calls it forth; or better, allows it to come. I have spoken before of the higher or "true" perception, which is so near to truth that God Himself can flow across the little gap. Knowledge is always ready to flow everywhere, but it cannot oppose. Therefore you can obstruct it, although you can never lose it.
    The Holy Spirit is the Christ Mind which is aware of the knowledge that lies beyond perception. He came into being with the separation as a protection, inspiring the Atonement principle at the same time. Before that there was no need for healing, for no one was comforless. The Voice of the Holy Spirit is the Call to Atonement, or the restoration of the integrity of the mind. When the Atonement is complete and the whole Sonship is healed there will be no call to return. But what God creates is eternal. The Holy Spirit will remain with the Sons of God, to bless their creation and keep them in the light of joy.
    God honored even the miscreations of His children because they had made them. But He also blessed His children with a way of thinking that could raise their perceptions so high they could reach almost back to Him. The Holy Spirit is the Mind of the Atonement. He represents a state of mind close enough to One-mindedness that transfer to it is at last possible. Perception is not knowledge, but it can be transferred to knowledge, or cross over into it. It might even be more helpful here to use the literal meaning of transferred of "carried over", since the last step is taken by God.
    The Holy Spirit, the shared Inspiration of all the Sonship, induces a kind of perception in which many elements are like those in the Kingdom of Heaven itself:
    First, its universality is perfectly clear, and no one who attains it could believe for one instant that sharing it involves anything but gain.
    Second, it is incapable of attack and is therefore truly open. This means that although it does not engender knowledge, it does not obstruct it in any way.
    Finally, it points the way beyond the healing that it brings, and leads the mind beyond its own intergration toward the paths of creation. It is at this point that sufficient quantitative change occurs to produce a real qualitative shift.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

The Voice of God.

Healing is not creating: It is reparation. The Holy Spirit promotes healing by looking beyond it to what the children of God were before healing was needed, and will be when they have been healed. This alteration of the time sequence should be quite familar, because it is very similar to the shift in the perception of time that the miracle introduces.
    The Holy Spirit is the motivation for miracle-mindedness; the decision to heal the separation by letting it go.
    Your will is still in you because God placed it in your mind, and although you can keep it asleep you cannot obliterate it. God Himself keeps your will alive you cannot obliterate it. God Himself keeps your will alive by transmitting it from His Mind to yours as long as there is time. The miracle itself is a reflection of this union of will between Father and Son.
    The Holy Spirit is the spirit of joy. He is the Call to return with which God blessed the minds of His separated Sons. This is the vocation of the mind. The mind had no calling until the separation, because before that it had only being, and would not have understood the call to right thinking. The Holy Spirit is God´s Answer to the separation; the means by which the Atonement heals until the whole mind returns to creating.
    The principle of Atonement and the separation began at the same time. When the ego was made. God placed in the mind the call to joy. This call is so strong that the ego always dissolves at its sound. That is why you must choose to hear one of two voices within you. One you made yourself, and that one is not of God. But the other is givem you by God. Who asks you only to listen to it. The Holy Spirit is in you in a very litteral sense. His is the Voice That calls you back to where you were before and will be again. It is possible even in this world to hear only that Voice and no other. It takes effort and great willingness to learn. It is the final lesson that I learned, and God´s Sons are as equal as learners as they are as sons.
    You are the Kingdom of Heaven, but you have let the belief in darkness enter your mind and so you need a new light. The Holy Spirit is the radiance that you must let banish the idea of darkness. His is the glory before which dissociation falls away, and the Kingdom of Heaven breaks through into its own. Before the separation you did not need guidance. You knew as you will know again, but as you do not know now.
    God does not guide, because He can share only perfect knowledge. Guidance is evaluative, because it implies there is a right way and also a wrong way, one to be chosen and the other to be avoided. By choosing one you give up the other. The choice for the Holy Spirit is the choice for God. God is not in you in a literal sense; you are part of Him.
    When you chose to leave Him He gave you a Voice to speak for Him, because He could not longer share His knowledge with you without hindrance. Direct communication was broken because you had made another voice.
    The Holy Spirit calls you both to remember and to forget. You have chosen to be in a state of opposition in which opposites are possible. As a result, there are choices you must make. In the holy state the will is free, so that its creative power is unlimited and choice is meaningless. Freedom to choose is the same power as freedom to create, but its application is different. Choosing depends on a split mind. The Holy Spirit is one way of choosing. God did not leave His children comfortless, even though they chose to leave Him. The voice they put in their minds was not the Voice for His Will, for which the Holy Spirit speaks.
    The Voice of the Holy Spirit does not command, because it is incapable of arrogance. It does not demand, becausse it does not seek control. It does not overcome, because it does not attack. It merely reminds. It is compelling only because of what it reminds you of. It brings to your mind the other way, remaining quiet even in the midst of the turmoil you may make. The Voice for God is always quiet, because it speaks of peace. Peace is stronger than war because it heals. Was is division, not increase. No onegains from strife. What profithet it a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul? If you listen the wrong voice you have lost sight of your soul. You cannot lose it, but you can not know it. It is therefore "lost" to you until you choose right.
    The Holy Spirit is your Guide in choosing. He is in the part of your mind that always speaks for the right choice, because He speaks for God. He is your remaining communication with God, which you can interrupt but cannot destroy. The Holy Spirit is the way in which God´s Will is done on earth as it is in Heaven. Both Heaven and Earth are in you, because the call of both is in your mind. The Voice of God comes from your own altars to Him. These altars are not things; they are devotions. Yet you have other devvotions now. Your divided devotion has given you the two voices. and must choose at which altar you want to serve. The call you answer now is an evalution because it is a decision. The decision is very simple. It is made on the basis of which call is worth more to you.
    My mind will always be like yours, because we were created as equals. It was only my decision that gave me all power in Heaven and earth. My only gift to you is to help you make the same decision. This decision is the choice to share it, because the decision itself is the decision to share. It is made by giving, and is therefore the one choice that resembles true creation. I am your model for decision. By deciding for God I showed you that this decision can be made, and that you can make it.
    I have assured you that the Mind that decided for me is also in you, and that you can let it change you just as it changed me. This Mind is unequivocal, because it hears only one voice and answeres in only one way. You are the light of the world with me. Rest does not come from sleeping but from waking. The Holy Spirit is the call to awaken and be glad. The world is very tired, because it is the idea of weariness. Our task is the joyous one of waking it to the Call, for God. Everyone will answer the Call of the Holy Spirit, or the Sonship cannot be as one. What better vocation could there be for any part of the Kingdom than to restore it to the perfect intergration within you, and teach your brothers to listen as I am teaching you.
    When you are tempted by the wrong voice, call on me to remind you how to heal by sharing my decision and makeing it stronger. As we share this goal, we increase its power to attract the whole Sonship, and to bring it back into the oneness in which it was created. Remember that "yoke" means "join togeather", and "burden" means "message". Let us restate "My yoke is easy and my burden light" in this way; Lets us join together, for my message is Light.
    I have enjoined you to behave as I behaved, but we must respond to the same Mind to do this. This Mind is the Holy Spirit, Whose Will is for God always. He teaches you how to keep me as the model for your thought, and to behave like me as a result. The power of our joint motivation is beyond belief, but not beyond accomplisment. What we can accomplish together has no limits, because the Call for God is the call to the unlimited. Child of God, my message is for you, to hear and give away as you answer the Holy Spirit within you.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

The Guide to Salvation.

The way to reconize your brother is by recognizing the Holy Spirit in him. I have already said that the Holy Spirit is the bridge for the transfer of perception to knowledge, so we can use the terms as if they were rekated, because in His Mind they are. This separtation between the two ways of thinking would not be open to healing. He is part of the Holy Trinity, because His Mind is partly yours and also partly God´s. This need clarification, not in statement but in experience.
    The Holy Spirit is the idea of healing. Being thought, the idea gains as it is shared. Being the Call of God, it is also the idea of God. Since you are part of God it is also the idea of yourself, as well as of all His creations. The idea of the Holy Spirit shares the property of other ideas because it follows the laws of the Universe of which it is a part.
    It is strengthened by being given away. It increases in you as you give it to your brother. Your brother does not have to be aware of the Holy Spirit in himself or in you for this miracle to occur. This dissociation is healed in both of you as you become aware of the Call of God in him, and thus acknowledge its being.
    There are two dimetrically opposed ways of seeing your brother. They must both be in your mind, because you are the perceiver. They must also be in his, because you are perceiving him. See him through the Holy Spirit in his mind, and you will recognize Him in yours. What you acknowledge in your brother you are acknowledgin in yourself, and what you share you strengthen.
    The Voice of the Holy Spirit is weak in you. That is why you must share It. It must be increased in strength before you can hear It. It is impossible to hear It in yourself while It is so weak in your mind. It is not weak in Itself, but It is limited by your unwillingness to hear It. If you make the mistake of looking for the Holy Spirit in yourself alone your thouhts will frighten you because, by adopting the ego´s viewpoint, you are undertaking an ego-alien journey with the ego as guide. This is bound to produce fear.
    Delay is the ego, because time is its concept. Both time and delay are meaningless in eternity. I have said before that the Holy Spirit is God´s Answer to the ego. Everything of which the Holy Spirit reminds you is in direct opposition to the ego´s notions, because true and false perception are themselves opposed. The Holy Spirit has the task of undoing what the ego has made. He undoes it at the same level on which the ego operates, or the mind would be unable to understand the change.
    I have repeatedly emphasized that one level of the mind is not understandable to another. So it is with the ego and the Holy Spirit; with time and eternity. Eternity is an idea of God, so the Holy Spirit understands it perfectly. Time is a belief of the ego, so the lower mind, which is the ego´s domain, accepts it without question. The only aspect of time that is eternal is now.
    The Holy Spirit is the mediator between the interpretations of the ego and the knowldege of the spirit. His ability to deal with symbols enables Him to work with the ego´s beliefs in its own language. His ability to look beyond symbols into eternity enables Him to understand the laws of God, for which He speaks. He can therefore perform the function of reinterpreting what the ego makes, not by destruction but by understanding. Understanding is light, but you yourself do not know this. It is therefore the task of the Holy Spirit to einterpret you on behalf of God.
    You cannot understand yourself alone. This is because you have no meaning apart from your rightful place in the Sonship, and the rightful place in the Sonship is God. This is your life, your eternity and your Self. It is of this that the Holy Spirit reminds you. It is this that the Holy Spirit sees. This vision frightens the ego because it is so calm.
    Peace is the ego´s greatest enemy because, according to its interpretation of reality, war is the guarentee of its survival. The ego becomes strong in strife. If you believe this is strife you will react viciously, because the idea of danger has entered your mind. This idea itself is an appeal to the ego. The Holy Spirit is as vigilant as the ego to the call of danger, opposing it with His stength jus as the ego welcomes it. The Holy Spirit counters this welcome by welcoming peace. Eternity and peace are as closely related as are time and war.
    Perception derives meaning from relationships. Those you accept are the foundation of your belief. The separation is merely another term for a split mind. The ego is the symbol of separation, just as the Holy Spirit is the symbol of peace. What you perceive in others you are strengthening in yourself. You may let your mind misperceive, but the Holy Spirit lets your mind reinterpret its own misperceptions.
    The Holy Spirit is the perfect teacher. He uses only what your mind already understands to teach you that you do not understand it. The Holy Spirit can deal with a reluctant learner without going counter to his mind, because part of it is still for God. Despite the ego´s attempts to conceal this part, it is still much stronger than the ego, although the ego does not recognize it. The Holy Spirit recognizes it perfectly because it is His Own dwelling place; the place in the mind where He is at home. You are at home there, too, because it is a place of peace, and peace is of God.
    You who are part of God are not at home except in His peace. If peace is eternal, you are at home only in eternity.
    The ego made the world as it perceives it, but the Holy Spirit, the reinterpreter of what the ego made, sees the world as a teaching device for bringing you home. The Holy Spirit must percieve time, and eintepret it into the timeless. He must work through opposites, because He must work with and for a mind that is in opposition. Correct and learn, and be open to learning. You have not made truth, but truth can still set you free. Look as the Holy Spirit looks, and understand as He understands. His understanding looks back to God in rememberance of me. He is in communion with God always, and He is part of you. He is your guide to salvation, because He holds the rememberance of things past and to come, and brings them to the present. He holds this gladness gently in your mind, asking only that you increase it in His Name by sharing it to increase His joy in you.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Teaching and Healing.

What fear has hidden still is part of you. Joining the Atonement is the way out of fear. The Holy Spirit will help you reinterpret everything that you perceive as fearful, and teach you that only what is loving is true. Truth is beyond your ability to destroy, but entirely within your ability accept. It belongs to you because, as an extention of God, you created it with Him. It is yours because it is part of you, just as you are part of God because He created you.
    Nothing that is good can be lost because it comes from the Holy Spirit, the Voice for creation. Nothing that is not good was ever created, and therefore cannot be protected. The Atonement is the guarantee of the safety of the Kingdom, and the union of the Sonship is its protection. The ego cannot prevail against the Kingdom because the Sonship is united. In the presence of those who hear the Holy Spirit´s call to be as one, the ego fades away and is undone.
    What the ego makes it keeps to itself, and so it is without strength. Its existence is unshared. It does not die; it was merely never born. Physical birth is not a beginning; it is a continuing.
    Everything that continues has already been born. It will increase as you are willing to return the unhealed part of your mind to the higher part, returning it undivided to creation. I have cometo give you the foundation, so your own thoughts can make you really free. You have carried the burden of unshared ideas that are too weak to increase, bbut having made them you did not realize how to undo them. You cannot cancel out your past errors alone.
    They will not disappear from your mind without the Atonement, a remedy not of your making. The Atonement must be understood as a pure act of sharing. That is what I meant what I said it is possible even inthis world to listen to one Voice. If you are part of God and the Sonship is one, you cannot be limited to the self the ego sees.
    Every loving thought held in any part of the Sonship belongs to every part. It is shared because it is loving. Sharing is God´s way of creating, and also yours. The ego can keep you in exile from the Kingdom, but in the Kingdom itself it has no power. Ideas of the spirit do not leave the mindthat thinks them, nor can they conflict with each other.
    However, ideas of the ego can conflict because they occur at different levels and also include opposite thoughts at the same level. It is impossible to share opposing thoughts. You can share only the thougts that are of God and that He keeps for you. And of such is the Kingdom of Heaven. The rest remains with you until the Holy Spirit has reinterpretedd them in the light of the Kingdom, making them, too, worthy of being shared. When they have been sufficiently purified. He lets you give them away. The decision to share them is their purification.
    I heard on Voice because I understood that I could not atone for myself alone. Listening to one Voice implies the decision to share it in order to hear it It yourself. The Mind that was in me is still irresistaly drawn to every mind created by God, because God´s Wholeness is the wholeness of His Son. You cannot be hurt, and do not want to show our brother anything except your wholeness.
    Show him that he cannot hurt you and hold nothing against him, or you hold it against yourself. This is the meaning of "turning the other cheek".
    TEaching is done in many ways, above all by example. Teaching should be healing, because it is the sharing of ideas and the recognition that to share ideas is to strengthen them. I cannot forget my need to teach what I have learned, which arose in me because I learned it. I call upon you to teach what you have learned, because by doing you can depend on it. Make it dependeble in my name because my name is the Name of God´s Son. What I learned I give you freely, and the Mind that was in me rejoices as you choose to hear it.
    The Holy Spirit atones in all of us by undoing, and thus lifts thee burden you have placed in your mind. By following Him you are led back to God where you belong, and how can you find in the Atonement is not compleat until you join in and give it away. As you teach so shall you learn. I will never leave you or forsake you, because to forsake you would be to forsake myself and God Who created me.
    You forsake yourself and God if you forsake any of your brothers.
    You must learn to see them as they are, and understand they belong to God as you do. How could you treat your brother better than by rendering unto God the things that are God´s?
    The Atonement gives you the power of a healed mind, but the power to create is of God. Therefore, those who have been forgiven must devote themselves first to healing because, having received the idea of healing, they must give it to hold it. The full power of creation cannot be expressed as long as any of God´s ideas is witheld from the Kingdom. The joint will of the Sonship is the only creator that can create like the Father, because only the complete can think completely, and the thinking of God lacks nothing. Everything you think that is not through the Holy Spirit is lacking.
    How can you who are so holy suffer? All your past except its beauty is gone, and nothing is left but a blessing.
    I have saved all your kindnesses and every loving thought you ever had. I have purified them of the errors that hid their light, and kept them for you in their own perfect radiance. They are beyond destruction and beyond guilt. They came from the Holy Spirit within you, and we know what God creates is eternal. You can indeed depart in peace because I have loved you as I loved myself. You go with my blessing and for my blessing. Hold it and share it, that it may always be ours. I place the peace of God in your heart and in your hands, to hold and share. The heart is pure to hold it, and the hands are strong to give it. We cannot lose. My judgment is as strong as the wisdom of God, I Whose Heart and Hands we have our being. His quit children are His blessed Sons. The Thoughts of God are with you.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

The Ego´s Use of Guilt.

Perhaps some of our concepts will become clearer and more personally meaningful if the ego´s use of guilt is clarified.
    The ego has a purpose, just as the Holy Spirit has. The ego´s purpose is fear, because only the fearful can be egoistic.
    The ego´s logic is as impeccable as that of the Holy Spirit, because your mind has the means at its disposal to side with Heaven or earth, as it elects. But again, remember that both are in you.
    In Heaven there is no guilt, because the Kingdom, is attained through the Atonement, which releases you to create.
    The word "create" is appropriate here because, once what you have made is undone by the Holy Spirit, the blessed residue is restored and therefore continues in creation. What is truly blessed is incapable of giving rise to guilt, and must give rise to joy. This makes it invulnerable to the ego because it is whole. Guilt is always disruptive. Anything that engenders fear is divisive because it obeys the law of division. If the ego is the symbol of the separation, it is also the symbol of guilt. Guilt is more than merely not of God. It is the symbol of attack on God.
    This is a totally meaningless concept except to the ego, but do not underestimate the power of the ego´s belief in it.
    This is the belief from which all guilt really stems .
    The ego is the part of the mind that believes in division. How could part of God detach itself without believing it is attacking Him? We spoke before of the authority problem as based on thee concept of usurping God´s power. The ego believes that this is what you did because it believes that it is you. If you identify with the ego, you must perceive yourself as guilty. Whatever you respond to your ego you will experience guilt, and you will fear punishment. The ego is guite literally a fearful thought. However, ridiculous the idea of attacking God may be to the sane mind, never forget that the ego is not sane. It represents a delusional system, and speaks for it. Listening to the ego´s voice means that you beleive it is possible to attack God, and that a part of Him has been torn away by you. Fear of retaliation from without follows, because the serenity of the guilt is so acute that it must be projected.
    Whatever you accept into your mind has reality for you. It is your acceptance of it that makes it real. If you enthrone the ego in your mind, your allowing it to enter makes it your reality. This is because the mind is capable of creating reality or making illusions. I said before that you must learn to think with God. To think with Him is to think like Him. This engenders joy, not guilt, because it is natural. Guilt is a sure sign that your thinking is unnatural. Unnatural thinking will always be attended with guilt, because it is the belief in sin. The ego does not perceive sin as a lack of love, but as a positive act of assault. This is necessary to the ego´s survival because, as soon as you regard sin as a lack, you will automatically attempt to rememdy the situation. And you will succeed.
    The ego regards this as doom, but you must learn to regard it as freedom.
    The guiltless mind cannot suffer. Being sane, the mind heals the body because it cannot conceive of attacking anyone or anything. I said before that illness is a form of magic. It might be better to say that it is a form of magical solution. The ego believes that by punishing itself it will mitigate the punishment of God. Yet even in this it is arrogant. It attributes to God a punishing intent, and thentakes this intentas its own pregogative. It tries to usurp all the functions of God as it perceives them, because it recognizes that only total allegiance can be trusted.
    The ego cannot oppose the laws of God any more than you can, but it can interpret them according to what it wants, just as you can. That is why the question, "What do you want"? ,must be answered. You are answering it every minute and every second, and each moment of decision is a judgment that is anything but ineffectual. Its effects will follow automatically until the decision is changed. Remember, though, that the alternatives themselves are unalterable. The Holy Spirit, like the ego, is a decision. Together they constitute all the alternatives the mind can accept and obey. The Holy Spirit and the ego are the only choices open to you. God created one, and so you cannot erradicate it. You made the other, and so you can. Only what God creates is irreversible and unchangeable. What you made can always be changed because, when you do not think like God, you are not really thinking at all.
    Delusional ideas are not real thoughts, although you can believe in them. But you are wrong. The function of thought comes from God and is in God. As part of His Thought, you cannot think apart from Him.
    Irrational thought is disordered thought. God Himself orders your thought because your thought was created by Him. Guilt feelings are always a sign that you do not know this. They also show that you believe you can think apart from God, and want to. Every disordered thought is attended by guilt at its inception, and maintained by guilt in its continuance. Guilt is inescapable by those who believe they order their own thoughts, and must therefore obey their dictates. This makes them feel responsible for their errors without recognizing that, by accepting this responsibilty, they are reacting irresponsibly. If the sole responsibility of the miracle worker is to accept the Atonement for himself, and I assure you that it is, then the responsibility for what it atoned for cannot be yours.
    The dilemma cannot be resloved except by accepting the solution of undoing. You would be responsible for the effects of all your wrong thinking if it could not be undone. The purpose of the Atonement is to save the past in purified form only. If you accept the rememdy for disordered thought, a remedy whose efficacy is beyond doubt, how can its symptoms remain?
    The continuing guilt decision to remain separated is the only possible reason for continuing guilt feelings.
    We have said this before, but did not emphasize the destructive results of the decision. Any decision of the mind will affect both behavior and experience. What you want you expect. This is not delusional. Your mind does make your future, and it will turn it back to full creation at any minute if it accepts the Atonement first. It will also return to full creation the instant it has done so. Having given up its disordered thought, the proper ordering of thought becomes quite apparent.

Love
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 LastLast