Thread: The formula for progress

1. The formula for progress

I'm starting to understand how this works, in linear time at least.

Energy goes where focus goes. Focus is attention and intention applied to action. Clear, direct, concise actions in repetition with unmistakably applied intentions that are critically observed leads to faster manifestations of the desired changes. Critical observation aids in diminishing less desired factors within the user whilst simultaneously bolstering the user's ability to affect changes in the program they're following.

People "get good" at "things" by doing something very specific over and over again, critically observing their actions to scrutinize the tiniest detail to draw more information for their conclusions, and by having a strong intention towards their desired result.

Progress occurs over time, and is proportional to how much focus (the aforementioned subject) is applied. Focus leads to progress. "Skill" is something gained by progress. Factors may lead to certain people being more predisposed to being more effective in their desired areas, but anyone can gain more skill. Focus has the power to ♥♥♥♥♥ predisposition always.

Lack of focus keeps people from reaching their desired results. People who have only intention are tragic; people who have only attention are spectators; people who have only action are directionless.

Re: The formula for progress

Quote Originally Posted by DerFürst View Post
    I'm starting to understand how this works, in linear time at least.

Energy goes where focus goes. Focus is attention and intention applied to action. Clear, direct, concise actions in repetition with unmistakably applied intentions that are critically observed leads to faster manifestations of the desired changes. Critical observation aids in diminishing less desired factors within the user whilst simultaneously bolstering the user's ability to affect changes in the program they're following.

People "get good" at "things" by doing something very specific over and over again, critically observing their actions to scrutinize the tiniest detail to draw more information for their conclusions, and by having a strong intention towards their desired result.

Progress occurs over time, and is proportional to how much focus (the aforementioned subject) is applied. Focus leads to progress. "Skill" is something gained by progress. Factors may lead to certain people being more predisposed to being more effective in their desired areas, but anyone can gain more skill. Focus has the power to ♥♥♥♥♥ predisposition always.

Lack of focus keeps people from reaching their desired results. People who have only intention are tragic; people who have only attention are spectators; people who have only action are directionless.
    Hi DerFurst,
    Yes you are so right, but I´d like to talk more extentionally about your last sayings...."People who have only intention are tragic; people who have only attention are spectators; people who have only action are directionless"
    Do you have more deepened and withened thinking around these sayings?? If you have please elaborate more...

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Action is more a product of intention, than a producer of results. The action is part of the end result, but as most things people want to "achieve" include doing stuff, it's just part of the whole picture.

Honestly, I've had plenty of things manifest (goals met, desires satisfied, etc. etc.) without any action or effort at all on my part, at least on anything like a conscious level.

Also note that "belief" and the opposite side of the same coin, "disbelief" are the strongest, most inflexible forms of focus there are. Get rid of them, or at least soften them up and make them flexible, and reality becomes much more fluid, and much more malleable.

Difficult to put these concepts into words. I don't know if I've managed to convey what I have experienced and seen, but it's the best I can do at the moment. I just thought I'd try to write it down, for whatever it's worth.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    Action is more a product of intention, than a producer of results. The action is part of the end result, but as most things people want to "achieve" include doing stuff, it's just part of the whole picture.

Honestly, I've had plenty of things manifest (goals met, desires satisfied, etc. etc.) without any action or effort at all on my part, at least on anything like a conscious level.

Also note that "belief" and the opposite side of the same coin, "disbelief" are the strongest, most inflexible forms of focus there are. Get rid of them, or at least soften them up and make them flexible, and reality becomes much more fluid, and much more malleable.

Difficult to put these concepts into words. I don't know if I've managed to convey what I have experienced and seen, but it's the best I can do at the moment. I just thought I'd try to write it down, for whatever it's worth.
    Hi BW,
    You write about action, do you mean a physical doing or a perception focus or only consious will so to speak??

Love
    ia
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

5. Re: The formula for progress

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    Action isn't clearly defined. I have a habit of defining things as verbs. In my mind, action doesn't have to be something physical or even the end result, such as the rising and falling of a jump. Everything "happens" for some reason, and action isn't the start, nor the middle, nor the end. It's just things in movement. Things are always in movement, and I don't think anything truly "stops." However, nothing was ever in motion to begin with, but trying to refer to it while acknowledging it never happened doesn't really help...

I try not to say things are magic and leave it at that. Even if you're just living your life and things seem to pop into it that you've wanted, there's an overarching reason behind it. Things can manifest seemingly out of the blue, but some kind of action, perceptible or not, lead to its happening. The New Age paradigm forgets to tell most people that imagination alone isn't strong enough usually to manifest changes on the scale you want them. It may be enough to change your personality to better reach your wants, but it's not enough to get you that million dollars, sports car, or castle. Perhaps an ultrapsychic with incredibly developed abilities could do that, but I don't know if anyone here is at that level yet.

I don't understand how this works. Every time I let go of all my beliefs, I can be peaceful and accepting of things that were bothering me; I can be content with everything. However, I can't really do anything in this peaceful state. Some urge to continue developing something always draws me back into a train of thought that leads me away from all possibilities and instead makes me focus on specific topics. It seems like wanting to progress in a certain area requires a certain amount of belief to even get there... is there anything more you could explain on that?

6. Re: The formula for progress

Quote Originally Posted by IA56 View Post
    Hi DerFurst,
    Yes you are so right, but I´d like to talk more extentionally about your last sayings...."People who have only intention are tragic; people who have only attention are spectators; people who have only action are directionless"
    Do you have more deepened and withened thinking around these sayings?? If you have please elaborate more...

Love
    ia
    I've seen this happen too much to myself. If someone only has intentions, and nothing else, than they fall short of the mark. If someone's intention was to eat healthier, they may unwittingly pick up a "health food" that turns out to be just as bad as what they had already been eating. If they intend to eat better, but don't act on it, they'll just keep eating the same thing.

If someone is only attentive of everything, they intellectualize things and don't act on them. They become detached watchers, unable to change the things around them. They allow things to happen to them, even when they aren't desired. I've watched the way things have happened in the world, and I can say that it has happened due to lack of action. People see what goes on around them, but decide not to act on it. They're submitting to someone else's will, and without violating their own free will, co-creating a reality that's only desirable to the small few stepping over them. It's not even just lack of critical observation. People just don't want to act because they're too afraid to make changes.

As for action alone, you've seen where this has gone countless times before. People who only act are basically headless chickens. If you don't direct your actions, you'll end up places you never wanted to be, or worse, manipulated.

Blog Entries

I don't understand how this works. Every time I let go of all my beliefs, I can be peaceful and accepting of things that were bothering me; I can be content with everything. However, I can't really do anything in this peaceful state. Some urge to continue developing something always draws me back into a train of thought that leads me away from all possibilities and instead makes me focus on specific topics. It seems like wanting to progress in a certain area requires a certain amount of belief to even get there... is there anything more you could explain on that?
    Okay. Ever see a pasta maker, the kind with different attachments to make different kinds of pasta? You make the dough and put it in, and force the pasta through the shape of your choice. Beliefs are like those filters. Beliefs are what shape your reality into what it is, prevent things from manifesting, cause things to manifest, etc. The more beliefs you hold, the more your reality is formed into certain patterns, caused by the beliefs, because so much energy is poured into the beliefs (or disbeliefs).

It's really nothing to do with the state you're describing. That's just something you have to learn to navigate, as far as I can tell. It's like going into weightlessness. You have to learn new ways to move, to accomplish stuff. You have to learn how different substances and objects behave in a weightless situation. Once you come to grips with that, you can get a lot more accomplished.

Make any sense?
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

I've seen this happen too much to myself. If someone only has intentions, and nothing else, than they fall short of the mark. If someone's intention was to eat healthier, they may unwittingly pick up a "health food" that turns out to be just as bad as what they had already been eating. If they intend to eat better, but don't act on it, they'll just keep eating the same thing.

If someone is only attentive of everything, they intellectualize things and don't act on them. They become detached watchers, unable to change the things around them. They allow things to happen to them, even when they aren't desired. I've watched the way things have happened in the world, and I can say that it has happened due to lack of action. People see what goes on around them, but decide not to act on it. They're submitting to someone else's will, and without violating their own free will, co-creating a reality that's only desirable to the small few stepping over them. It's not even just lack of critical observation. People just don't want to act because they're too afraid to make changes.

As for action alone, you've seen where this has gone countless times before. People who only act are basically headless chickens. If you don't direct your actions, you'll end up places you never wanted to be, or worse, manipulated.
    Hi DerFurst,
    Thank you for the clarification, and I agree and this has happen in my Life too...I will try to explain, but I am not clear eighder about this when it comes to action/executing part how to "dare" or "know" for that part in the situation because of a kind of paralysing mode...and I have noticed why my lack of action has taken shape/developed...This part should have bean helped by parents to develop in me (they should have told me my right to say NO), but did not get help in right age so to speak...so lack of right support is the main reason...Like in my case...as the personality/essence I am..Always want to have Peace...I did what ever it took to try to keep Peace at home...and off course I did fail every time...I was just a Child who had just to shut up and obey orders....so I do not know Ã♥f I have to go deeper in discription...so it is the lack of practis in first Place...the know how so to speak...I am just starting this practis and I am 57 yrs old...so this is a big human problem....the right parenting and supporting of our Children what does make this kind of problems...This body level is telling me about a core thing too...but we can talk about that if you feel interest in it...

Love
    ia
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce