Hey everyone, I've been reading this thread, sorry that I haven't responded.

Regarding meditation, that's complicated for me right now. I started Buddhist meditation (vipassana) two years ago and it triggered a complex psycho-spiritual process called The Progress of Insight. This usually doesn't happen until one has some practice, but apparently I was ripe for it. I can do concentration meditation on the breath without too much trouble, but I have a weird and confused relationship to meditation in general because I was launched into a process I was not ready for. I didn't even know what was happening when it started. Fortunately I have found a meditation teacher who also went through a similar situation and we communicate via email.

The new manager does not communicate with me and basically pretends I don't exist. I approached him with a concern about a co-worker yesterday and he simply said "That's none of your concern, I have can view the cameras at home so I already know what's going on." Freaky and frustrating.

I'm still applying for jobs, I'm hoping to get one at a local call center. It's decent pay with decent benefits, and I have a friend who works there who is putting my name in. She likes it there and thinks I will do well.

As for meds, I am scheduled for a minor surgery later in June, and I have been prescribed one dose of Lorazepam to take pre-op. I've decided that if I feel better after taking that, I will ask about my anxiety.

Thanks again for everyone who responded.