Thread: On Jesus

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

On Jesus

So I've been going back through the Gospels and am floored at just how True the words of Jesus were, but how horrifically interpreted most are. I realize this may cause flares and whatnot, but roll with me for a bit...

"Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." ~ Luke 9:58.

Think we've got a homeless Christ thing going? Switch it. We've go all Creation in His mind. It's the One mind that needs no rest. It contains the foxes and dens and birds.

Matthew 10:34: "
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth. I came not to send peace, but a sword."

Of course He did. Love of dream characters keeps dreamers asleep, in bondage. This is why one must be willing to leave everyone and everything behind. No appearances have actual existence, so grasping them is prolonging a dream.

Then there's all that separation from god resulting in duality, Good and Evil. Remove separation and you're only got what you started with. Do the math. Only God knows the thoughts of man, and as they say, "God alone is real"

"I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not 'I', but Christ lives in me."

Where did the sinner go?

And call me a loony, but that crown of thorns, placed on the crown chakra, sometimes looks like a thousand petaled lotus to me and I'm betting the fruit of the Garden was a human mind.

Then again, it's all part of the play, so I'm confident this is the oldest news on the block and where the heck have I been all this time!

Soul

Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Re: On Jesus

Soul, you said you were leaving us - made quite a production of it - and now you're back. What kind of drama queen are you? Make up you mind.

As for myself, better than seven years later, I am backing down for personal reasons, but why say 'goodbye'? I always come back. I drift in and I drift out (like I'm contemplating now) but to make a production of it does offend me. Either leave or quit the drama. Or better yet, take some time off.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack View Post
    Either leave or quit the drama. Or better yet, take some time off.
    Two reasons,

Shiva and Shakti leave the light on and so I stopped in for a bit.

And, what I said here and on other posts today is True, while a guy raving about being enlightened and leaving and coming back isn't. That's the point. Where there is drama there is an apparent object (Andy), but as the Subject, there's nothing but an apparent object to express through. No objects get saved in this Gospel.
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSail View Post
    So I've been going back through the Gospels and am floored at just how True the words of Jesus were, but how horrifically interpreted most are.
    I've done the same thing. I look and see and go, "Ahhh, yeah, I see what that's about...." and then when I consider the standard dogmatic teaching about it, I just sigh and shake my head.

One that strikes me is the command "do not fear" or "do not worry". It's not something soothing, "Aww, there, there, don't be afraid..." it's actually a command to change. Fear/worry is resistance of the deepest kind. The command to forgive is not necessarily because it's ever so nice to forgive (though it could be that), but because when you forgive, you RELEASE, you let go. And judgement is a kind of resistance, too. So many of the sayings seem to relate directly to letting go, releasing, and dropping resistance.

But don't get me started on how they've been re-interpreteted and dogmatised and ignored and... ugh. Let's not go there.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSail View Post
    Where there is drama there is an apparent object (Andy), but as the Subject, there's nothing but an apparent object to express through. No objects get saved in this Gospel.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Hi Soul,
    I copied this from your thread....

Matthew 10:34: "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth. I came not to send peace, but a sword."

I am unsure that Jesus would say this...I will be back when I know for sure.
    Jesus did only come to unlearn wars...and I am nearly sertain that he did not speak for use of weapons...but maybe to separate the untrue from the true....but as I said...I will be back if I get to know if he really did say this way as the Mathew claimes....it can be also that time´s preast´s what did spoke for some reason to fight as like give permission not to put weapons down....but we´ll see in the end what is true and not.

Love
    ia

Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

I have trouble with scripture in the way I have trouble with anything recorded by people. And so, I don't tie myself up unduly in trying to reconcile what Jesus allegedly said with what feels intrinsically or logically true. That said, I do believe that people can choose to evolve towards truth and the universe can arrange all kinds of ways for that to happen.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

We also have to remember that what we have in both NT and OT are translations of translations, and often interpretations of translations. It is possible that the original word for 'fear' in that particular writ does not mean the same thing- or that the spirit of what was said is captured in the words.
    Regardless of what Jesus meant when he said it (or if he said it) the fact is that as a prophecy it came to happen, as history tells us. But that happens always when religions become entrenched anyway.
    There is a metaphysical interpretation to this, but I don't have the desire, time or energy to get into it ATM.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

And there's the fact that ancient people, much like modern ones, know how to use metaphors to try to communicate something intangible.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.