Thread: Exit Training Questions

1. Exit Training Questions

Hello all.
    I tried posting this yesterday. It didn't show up. So I am posting again.
    I started Week 7 (Exit Training) and have some questions.

I am a long-term meditator and have been doing the MAP program intensively.

1. Does Robert prescribe doing the 8880 OBE breathing during exit training? One section in MAP said not to hold the breath. Another seemed to tell us to use the 888. I have been using it throughout the practice whenever it intuitively seems the thing to do. I am particularly wondering about the breath retention. Should I do the 8 count hold in exit training? Or is it too physical?

2. During the exit training (rope climbing) I experience a lot of energy going though my body, in my spine, with little occasional jerks. I simultaneously work to relax, do the 3rd eye trigger, the exit training, keep my mind free of chatter, and breathe consciously. But I am quite aware of my highly energized and frozen-still body. I am in a full trance, and in a beautiful altered space of violet and hypnagogic fleeting images. I have not yet exited consciously, but keep feeling a lot of energy rushing upward out of my solar plexus area. Any pointers on dealing with energy rushes during exit training? The more energy I run through my body, the more dynamic and powerful the state I experience. But is it creating too much physicality and keeping me in the body?

I intend to play with it and experiment regardless, but I thought someone more experienced might have some suggestions.
    It is an amazing book and the effects ripple out everywhere in my life.
    Thanks
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 3rd June 2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: type too small to read

Blog Entries

Re: Exit Training Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Paul View Post
    Hello all.
    I tried posting this yesterday. It didn't show up. So I am posting again.
    Hi Jean-Paul. I'll see if the template ate your post. Sometimes it does that.
    I started Week 7 (Exit Training) and have some questions.

I am a long-term meditator and have been doing the MAP program intensively.

1. Does Robert prescribe doing the 8880 OBE breathing during exit training? One section in MAP said not to hold the breath. Another seemed to tell us to use the 888. I have been using it throughout the practice whenever it intuitively seems the thing to do. I am particularly wondering about the breath retention. Should I do the 8 count hold in exit training? Or is it too physical?
    I don't remember holding my breath when I did the program. I remember slowing the breath down, not sure about that. However, if you use it and can handle it and are used to it, by all means. But if you feel it centers you in the body, then maybe you shouldn't hold the breath when you do an exit attempt.

2. During the exit training (rope climbing) I experience a lot of energy going though my body, in my spine, with little occasional jerks. I simultaneously work to relax, do the 3rd eye trigger, the exit training, keep my mind free of chatter, and breathe consciously. But I am quite aware of my highly energized and frozen-still body. I am in a full trance, and in a beautiful altered space of violet and hypnagogic fleeting images. I have not yet exited consciously, but keep feeling a lot of energy rushing upward out of my solar plexus area. Any pointers on dealing with energy rushes during exit training?
    The easy answer is ignore them and keep pulling at the rope. This energy surge is actually very normal, and an indication that your torso chakras (more than likely the heart chakra) are engaging, and that you are actually very close to a projection reflex. But it is counterproductive, and it deflects attention to the body, as you know. I tend to try to externalize my attention when it happens, look for somethng to look at or reach for energetically when I do it, or just keep pulling on the rope with my astral muscles. I don't do a 3rd eye trigger, instead I focus on the sound of my ear hiss instead, and it does help too. You might want to try that.

I intend to play with it and experiment regardless, but I thought someone more experienced might have some suggestions.
    If the effects are too strong to push through, try doing some energy body loosening and then come back to the exit attempt- that helps me too.
    I hope this is helpful.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

3. Re: Exit Training Questions

Thank you. Yes it is helpful. I also read quite a few of your answers to similar questions in other threads and am getting useful perspectives and information. Thank you.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure how this will affect the "rope"; but, maybe trying the yo-yo at the same time. (maybe look down the rope and see yourself climbing ( you may be already out), then return your mind to yourself climbing and looking up at yourself, who is farther up the rope)
    I haven't tried it along with the rope, but, it seems like a kewl experiment to try. The yo-yo is one method that works for me, but, I use it in a different way. I'm going to try the rope and yo-yo together.

Grant

Blog Entries

I don't advocate using visualization when doing the rope technique- when you look 'up' or 'down' to 'see' yourself, you are centering your point of awareness in your physical body, instead of your energetic body, which is what you want. This is why it's so important to feel the weight as you displace it, instead of seeing it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

You are right. I guess a better word than "see" would have been better. I guess, I was saying, what I did is because I've been out and can do that, whereas a newbie hasn't and would not understand.

Blog Entries

I "awareness" flicker between the two, then center the awareness in the Astral body.