First of all this question is directed towards people that believe, that depending on what is you're belief it is what you will see in this world. For example if you believe in angels then you will see angels, if you believe in spirits then you will see spirits or if you believe in masters then you will see masters...and so on.

So after reading something about the 3rd eye i came up with this question:

The 3rd eye is commonly seen as a good thing and naturally people try to "awaken" it. And it's a great thing when you can, and high fives to everyone.....ok, so good so far.

Now. For somebody that believes that "you will see, what you want to see" and try's to awaken his 3rd eye then he will (eventually) , and it will be a "good" thing.
However let's say this same person read a book about a 3rd eye.....except that this eye is located in the hand........(I am not familiar with any 3rd eyes that are in the hand in real life, in the case that they do exist then I ask that the "eye" I'm talking about should be seen as made up for the sake of the story,and has nothing to do with any real life stuff) and In the book the he read it was described as a good thing. So let's say this person awakens his 3rd eye I the hand and everything is great.

However it turns out that the book he read was the ONLY book that described the 3rd eye on the hand as a "good" thing and all the other book say that it is an "evil" eye and should never be used.

So what happens with the eye?
The person when he was learning to awaken it and even after he awoken it was fine and was never aware that it was commonly thought as a "bad" eye.
Since the person thought it was good and had already lived with the eye for some time and was fine....what happens when he realize that everyone else thinks it's bad?
Does the eye become "evil" because everyone thinks so?
Or will it stay good if the person decides to ignore what everyone thinks and continue his marry way?

I tried to explain this as best as I could I hope it expressed what Im trying to say.

I would really like to hear other peoples opinion, after all that is what I came here for.