Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Higher Self vs. Soul vs Guardian Angel

1. Higher Self vs. Soul vs Guardian Angel

There are varying school of thoughts that speak about the higher self, soul, and guardian angel. I have found that some writers speak about the higher self and soul interchangeably, while other writers talk about them as separate aspects of ourselves.

Tom DeLiso from Wisdomdoors.com, for instance, provided the following description of the hierarchy of the self in one of his books. It is as follows:

Monad (Father aspect)
    Soul (mother aspect)
    Guardian Angel (aka higher self merged with divine energy)
    Higher self (aka past self+present self+future self merged)
    Physical self

Tom DeLiso also wrote that "Making a connection to your Guardian is the most important thing you can do to help you with your spiritual evolution."

Other works, seemingly contrary, have implied or explicitly stated that we should connect with our soul.

Similarly or not so similar, Hieu Doan from lifemasteryguild.com suggests the importance of bringing forth the higher self through practice/meditation to eventually and gradually merge/reunite with the soul (for more info: ezinearticles.com/?The-Shape-of-the-Soul&id=865922 ) [Link disabled. Fewer than 20 posts. Please see: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq...#faq_linkrules]

With so much different views, it often becomes hard to not become confused. Any thoughts?

Re: Higher Self vs. Soul vs Guardian Angel

Hi fiatlux,
    Yes that is for sure all kind of information we can perceive or take part of, I have gone many path´s so to speak and always ended up that Jesus Christs teachings or the information he come here to chare with us, is alsways where I end up after my investigations in other paths...I did find Jesus through school teachings from 4th grade, and I was so happy to feel that I am of worthy too, and that I do not need anyone to get in contact with God, but Jesus can help because he have walked the path back to our real reality and home, and he provides gudance if we so choose.
    And he has alwasy shine through to me when I have doubt and needed answeres.(In my thinking/feeling/understanding the bible is not accurat what Jesus did teach, they have twisted his words because they did not understand what he said)
    I can say that many paths have made me insane because the lack of security, I have my security in Christ/Buddha the essence/energy as it is what we are made of too.
    I can only say that dare to serce until you get convinced where your reliance is, no-one can do this for you but yourself, you maybe must take risks to find out what thought system you feel called towards too.
    I can say that I am not religious because churches does not talk about Jesus teachings as I have felt it.
    We all are ecually valuable and worthy, there is no superior or inferior, everyone counts.
    The Course in Miracles is said to be dictated by Jesus Christ and it is as I have always understood it to be.
    Since my childhood I have said...if not everyone is included I will not eighder participat...so now when I know that everyone in time will find home, no-one is left behind, in this I can trust and live my life too, and not to have awaite for everyone to be included, they will be in time as long as time will last , when time is to end, then we all are ONE then there will not be dividedness at all, we all are then ONE

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

3. Re: Higher Self vs. Soul vs Guardian Angel

Quote Originally Posted by IA56 View Post
    Hi fiatlux,
    Yes that is for sure all kind of information we can perceive or take part of, I have gone many path´s so to speak and always ended up that Jesus Christs teachings or the information he come here to chare with us, is alsways where I end up after my investigations in other paths...I did find Jesus through school teachings from 4th grade, and I was so happy to feel that I am of worthy too, and that I do not need anyone to get in contact with God, but Jesus can help because he have walked the path back to our real reality and home, and he provides gudance if we so choose.
    And he has alwasy shine through to me when I have doubt and needed answeres.(In my thinking/feeling/understanding the bible is not accurat what Jesus did teach, they have twisted his words because they did not understand what he said)
    I can say that many paths have made me insane because the lack of security, I have my security in Christ/Buddha the essence/energy as it is what we are made of too.
    I can only say that dare to serce until you get convinced where your reliance is, no-one can do this for you but yourself, you maybe must take risks to find out what thought system you feel called towards too.
    I can say that I am not religious because churches does not talk about Jesus teachings as I have felt it.
    We all are ecually valuable and worthy, there is no superior or inferior, everyone counts.
    The Course in Miracles is said to be dictated by Jesus Christ and it is as I have always understood it to be.
    Since my childhood I have said...if not everyone is included I will not eighder participat...so now when I know that everyone in time will find home, no-one is left behind, in this I can trust and live my life too, and not to have awaite for everyone to be included, they will be in time as long as time will last , when time is to end, then we all are ONE then there will not be dividedness at all, we all are then ONE

Love
    ia
    I have developed an appreciation of Jesus recently. I will continue my search and will definitely turn to Jesus for guidance. I'd love to begin studying The Course in Miracles eventually. Recently I've read the Bhagavad Gita and believe it or not, that book has been comforting to me and I feel that it is compatible with any faiths/beliefs system and is actually what helped strengthen my appreciation for Jesus. Thanks for your response IA56

4. Re: Higher Self vs. Soul vs Guardian Angel

Dear admin, Sorry for posting a link before 20 post! I'm almost there, lol

Quote Originally Posted by fiatlux View Post
    I have developed an appreciation of Jesus recently. I will continue my search and will definitely turn to Jesus for guidance. I'd love to begin studying The Course in Miracles eventually. Recently I've read the Bhagavad Gita and believe it or not, that book has been comforting to me and I feel that it is compatible with any faiths/beliefs system and is actually what helped strengthen my appreciation for Jesus. Thanks for your response IA56
    Hi fiatlux,
    I do hear you and I do believe in what you experience about Bhagavad Gita. It is what makes you in peace and secure is the right way to go.
    Fear is doubt in God or our Creator. Words is hard to use but I hope the use of word God does not insult or make you feel bad, words is not easy to use, we do understand them differently and this is one of the cases of confusion and many times make it wors. But in the end we have to find the way to trust in our self and our inner guidance.
    And we all will so do eventually.

Love
    ia
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

6. Re: Higher Self vs. Soul vs Guardian Angel

yes, absolutely. I completely agree with what you said about fear and words. Having studied a bit of zen, general semantics, neurolinguistic programming, and hypnosis, I can definitely see how words can distort and add onto confusion. In fact, I believe that language/words can easily becomes idolatry when we're not careful. This excerpt explains this quite well:

"Every individual is at once the beneficiary and the victim of the linguistic tradition into which he has been born - the beneficiary inasmuch as language gives access to the accumulated records of other people's experience, the victim in so far as it confirms him in the belief that reduced awareness is the only awareness and as it bedevils his sense of reality, so that he is all too apt to take his concepts for data, his words for actual things."

"We must learn how to handle words effectively; but at the same time we must preserve and, if necessary, intensify our ability to look at the world directly and not through that half opaque medium of concepts, which distorts every given fact into the all too familiar likeness of some generic label or explanatory abstraction." -Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by fiatlux View Post
    yes, absolutely. I completely agree with what you said about fear and words. Having studied a bit of zen, general semantics, neurolinguistic programming, and hypnosis, I can definitely see how words can distort and add onto confusion. In fact, I believe that language/words can easily becomes idolatry when we're not careful. This excerpt explains this quite well:

"Every individual is at once the beneficiary and the victim of the linguistic tradition into which he has been born - the beneficiary inasmuch as language gives access to the accumulated records of other people's experience, the victim in so far as it confirms him in the belief that reduced awareness is the only awareness and as it bedevils his sense of reality, so that he is all too apt to take his concepts for data, his words for actual things."

"We must learn how to handle words effectively; but at the same time we must preserve and, if necessary, intensify our ability to look at the world directly and not through that half opaque medium of concepts, which distorts every given fact into the all too familiar likeness of some generic label or explanatory abstraction." -Aldous Huxley
    Yes so true.
    I have bean lucky to really see the whole range of our world. My son does not like me telling about him, but he does not yet understand how proud and in awe I am over him. He was inprinted during our big beating by P, who did inprint that my son is Satans son, so he was around 14-16 years age when he started to live out the inner inprintment, and become a Satans worshiper, I did get information that what ever we are able to express it is possible because of our free will and in no way condemned by God.
    So he did develop self destroying by cutting him self, he has tremendeous wounds you have to see his arms to understand what I am talking about. I also knew if I go into pitty or self blame then I will not keep him alive until he chooses to turn around his life and choose kinder and better for him. As his mother I also know him best, we have chared life and no-one els can know or understand how much I tried to tell what we have bean through, and I has bean given information not to perich and die myself in agony and pain over my son. He was 3 yrs old I was 25 so my son can not process the happening as I can as adult. It took us 33 year for him to understand, and it was by a happening what was similar to what P did put me and my son through, now my son did it to me, but I was protected as I was against P I was also to my son, and nothing bad happened, this is to trust in God, he does know what he puts us through so we are able to wake up and choose right.
    So our world does live in this divideness...bad and good...God and Devil etc...I did through the dividerline experience to learn to know that God does not have anything to do with Earth and what we make and create here, becasuse it is our hate projection we see in this world. God is pure peace and Love.
    We have to choose Love but it is so much easier to hate, I can tell how hard it has bean not to loose faith that all will be alright, and NOW I can tell...all is well, my son has choosen better for him, he is fragile but determined to choose life. So what can I say. God is real and he does LOVE everyone equally.

Love
    ia
    Last edited by IA56; 12th June 2014 at 08:26 AM.
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

There have been other authors and religious systems with slightly different terms for these guide/helpers.
    For example, the 'binary soul theory' author talks about a spirit and a soul, the soul essentially being the sum total of experience collected in one life. In this theory (biblically based, as the author is a practicing christian) the spirit is the animating force that reincarnates with no 'information baggage' while the soul is the information itself, aka the akashic records, the Hband, and of course the non-intelligent hauntings sometimes seen in certain areas. Information in a matrix that anyone can tune into. I particularly like this theory. I imagine in his system the higher self would be that part of the total sum of people that have been able to reintegrate their individual spirit and soul, but I'm extrapolating, although I believe he does say something like that.
    Interesting subject.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

9. Re: Higher Self vs. Soul vs Guardian Angel

hmmm...interesting. very interesting...

Blog Entries

You know, the more I experience, the more I see that it's all extremely personal. What "works" for me may not work for you and vice versa. It's all a matter of perspective. It's not like, say, making a catalogue of species, where everything can be described and put into a category and compared and contrasted to other categories and so forth. It's all quite nebulous, and wobbly around the edges.

I don't think there is any one size fits all system of beliefs, or any universal interpretation of any particular experience. In fact, I think most systems of belief are quite limiting after a certain point. They can provide structure for a while, and that's fine, but just like a cast on a broken or weak limb, eventually, it's more hindrance than help. That was my experience (and it was not intentional, by the way; beliefs just keep popping up to be released, and the more that happens, the more flexible and fluid my reality becomes).

So, basically, it's whatever works for you, and know that it may not keep working for you indefinitely. Be prepared to constantly re-assess based on your own experience. It's cool and fine and interesting to get other people's views and experiences, but you really have to rely on your own interpretations of your own direct experience, IMHO.

I hope this makes some sense. I'm not sure quite what compelled me to write it. But it's written now, and I'm going to post it, so for whomever this is intended, I hope it helps.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast