Quote Originally Posted by Kittahkatt View Post
I have suffered from depression and anxiety for pretty much my whole life.
Me, too.

I realized recently too that I'm an empath. This has caused me a great deal of anxiety and depression to the point where I've had suicidal thoughts.
That, too.

My father is Schizophrenic which honestly doesn't help with what I'm going through because I just feel like I'm losing my mind.
No schizophrenic parents, but my mother spent most of her life in clinical depression which had occasional bouts of psychosis.

In other words, I understand where you're coming from. I come from there, too.

I've suffered from nightmares my whole life
Me, too, at least, most of my life. I haven't had a full-on nightmare in years, thankfully. Reason I mention it is that it's possible to heal to the point where they're not a problem.

I just feel like I am so attuned to everything.
*nodnod*
You need to learn and practice personal psychic shielding and grounding. It takes some effort at first, but after a while, if you do it enough, it becomes second nature. I've found shielding to be incredibly helpful and healing. I definitely recommend it.

I also recommend meditation for the anxiety, but first work on the shielding and get yourself some peace.

You can learn some shielding tips by looking through the sticky posts/threads in the Self Defence forum here. Feel free to ask questions.