Thread: Have you had an ‘Out-of-Body Experience’? Request for research participation

Have you had an ‘Out-of-Body Experience’? Request for research participation

Hi everyone,

Please see below for research I am currently conducting on OBEs which I hope you will be interested in participating in.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Have you had an ‘Out-of-Body Experience’?

Request for research participation

Hello,

Have you had one or more Out-of-Body Experiences (OBEs) in which it seems as if your sense of self or consciousness has become separated from your physical body? These experiences can occur under a variety of conditions. If you have experienced one or more OBEs we are interested to hear from you about your experience(s). This research is being carried out at Nottingham Trent University (NTU) and is being conducted by me, Andrew Hodrien (Research Assistant - my contact details can be found at the end of this message) and the project is being supervised by Dr David Wilde.

The aim of this research is to develop an OBE ‘screening’ scale which will be able to more precisely identify whether someone has had an OBE. At present no such tool exists for OBEs. Our research is not testing your experience in relation to psychological variables as is commonly done in OBE research, but instead explores the content of the experience itself to better understand it and differentiate it from other experiences.

To do this we would like your help by asking you if you would fill in an online questionnaire anonymously about the individual aspects of one of your OBEs. Your inclusion of this experience is important as it will contribute to the development of the scale. You can access the questionnaire by clicking on the link below.

The questionnaire includes full information on the study to enable you to decide whether or not to participate and offers a general definition of the OBE.

The inclusion criteria for this study (aside from your experience fitting our definition) are:

• You have no known organic condition which causes you to be prone to visual hallucinations
    • You are able to provide informed consent
    • You are over 18 years old
    • You are able to provide a short written account of your OBE in English
    • You are able to recall all of the OBE you wish to tell us about (i.e. not just give a partial account of it)

You won’t need to note these down but please only participate if you can agree with these criteria.

The survey can be completed by clicking the link below:

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/ntupsy...equestionnaire

Closing date of the survey is: 31st July 2014 at 23:50 (GMT)

If you wish to find out more about the survey, or wish to take part and have any queries, please contact me by emailing me at: andrew.hodrien@ntu.ac.uk.

Thank you for reading this and we hope to hear from you,

Andrew Hodrien
    Research Assistant
    Nottingham Trent University

Blog Entries

Re: Have you had an ‘Out-of-Body Experience’? Request for research participation

Link allowed as per Admin.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: Have you had an ‘Out-of-Body Experience’? Request for research participation

Hi everyone,

We still need additional people for this research so have extended it until the 14th August. Please see the amended advertisement below and consider participating (thanks if you have already participated). Thanks very much,

Andrew

Have you had an ‘Out-of-Body Experience’?

Request for research participation

Hello,

Have you had one or more Out-of-Body Experiences (OBEs) in which it seems as if your sense of self or consciousness has become separated from your physical body? These experiences can occur under a variety of conditions. If you have experienced one or more OBEs we are interested to hear from you about your experience(s). This research is being carried out at Nottingham Trent University (NTU) and is being conducted by me, Andrew Hodrien (Research Assistant - my contact details can be found at the end of this message) and the project is being supervised by Dr David Wilde.

The aim of this research is to develop an OBE ‘screening’ scale which will be able to more precisely identify whether someone has had an OBE. At present no such tool exists for OBEs. Our research is not testing your experience in relation to psychological variables as is commonly done in OBE research, but instead explores the content of the experience itself to better understand it and differentiate it from other experiences.

To do this we would like your help by asking you if you would fill in an online questionnaire anonymously about the individual aspects of one of your OBEs. Your inclusion of this experience is important as it will contribute to the development of the scale. You can access the questionnaire by clicking on the link below.

The questionnaire includes full information on the study to enable you to decide whether or not to participate and offers a general definition of the OBE.

The inclusion criteria for this study (aside from your experience fitting our definition) are:

• You have no known organic condition which causes you to be prone to visual hallucinations
    • You are able to provide informed consent
    • You are over 18 years old
    • You are able to provide a short written account of your OBE in English
    • You are able to recall all of the OBE you wish to tell us about (i.e. not just give a partial account of it)

You won’t need to note these down but please only participate if you can agree with these criteria.

The survey can be completed by clicking the link below:

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/ntupsy...equestionnaire

Closing date of the survey is: 14th August 2014 at 23:50 (GMT) – PLEASE NOTE: this study is extended so ignore any reference to '31st July 2014' in the survey itself

If you wish to find out more about the survey, or wish to take part and have any queries, please contact me by emailing me at: andrew.hodrien@ntu.ac.uk.

Thank you for reading this and we hope to hear from you,

Andrew Hodrien
    Research Assistant
    Nottingham Trent University

Shameless bump for the final day. Is there anyone else who consider participating? If so, the survey is open for 7 hours now (23:50 GMT). Thanks,

Andrew