I am the kind of person who can not be around people for too long before I start to feel uncomfortable. It feels as if they start to 'bleed' into me. Now I am not sure if this is related to being an empath or me just projecting my own feelings or insecurities onto others. Sometimes a brief encounter with someone who I feel is having as bad day can really bring me down. I think I internalise what I pick up from them and assume they are upset with me in some way, which of course they might be but I never know so that is frustrating.

Oddly sometimes the opposite occurs and I can feel totally cut off from a person. When they are inferring meaning I can't seem to process it. I suppose it must be what autistic people must feel all the time.

I was in the company of a person a while ago and for some reason I got the feeling that she was looking down on me in some way. I have never got that from her before and there was nothing that she said or did to suggest that I was right but my gut is screaming at me! How do I know if this is just my own insecurities?