Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Energy shift

Fliesatnite Guest
    LOL Painterhypnogirl!!!!! Thanks! You are the best!

Boy, that little post perked me right up!! off to click the link!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fliesatnite
    Temecula ain't what it used to be that's for sure. When I first moved out here (a transplant from the O.C) there was space and hills and not a single traffic light. 'Cept the one on the freeway in Lake Elsinore and it was a quaint community.

Now with the Mall and the Wineries (I don't complain about the wineries tho go figure ) there is so much over crowdedness here. Most of them coming in from the city like I did so many years ago. It used to be affordable to purchase a home here, but now... well, I'm glad I bought when I did!

Soscymitar72, are you IN Seatle or in a town outside of? I have in laws in Monroe! Now that's a great quaint town! Seattle is fun, came through there a few times from the Puget Sound from Vancouver Island. *sigh*

I long for a change, but I think it'll have to wait a bit longer. **another sigh**
    I live in a town about 20 miles south of Seattle, Renton to be exact. It's a friggin' armpit. I don't like it.

Fliesatnite Guest
    and you moved there because....???

and you moved there because....???
    LONG story... It was a last gasp effort to save my life.

Fliesatnite Guest
    K, I can respect that. How long have you been up there?

K, I can respect that. How long have you been up there?
    Since Thanksgiving of 2003. Lived with my brother at first, in the city, that was OK. Moved down here to Renton in December 2004, more affordable and only 3.5 miles from my job. So, the location is convenient, it's just not a great place to live.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest
    Perhaps it's the heat and the humidity that's driving us away? Nah I think it's the overpopulation that overstimulates. I too have been looking else where, mainly north.
    Yeah, the heat I can deal with; it's mostly the population and traffic and yadda yadda that gives me the urge to get stabby. I was just in WI a week or so ago, and at one point the friend I was staying with made some comment about the traffic that night. There were like three cars on the road! And I'm thinking "traffic? THIS is traffic? I would joygasm with delight if this was what passed for traffic where I live!"

Anyway, we should keep in touch and compare notes on this whole relocation thing; I'm having a hard time narrowing this down because I don't know too much about the areas I'm looking at yet; just that the pacific NW is my favorite place I've visited. I do have family and/or friends in central and nothern CA, OR and WA whose brains I shall be probing for info in the near future, and a roadtrip up the coast may be in order as soon as it's feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by scymitar72
    I'm a transplant myself from San Diego. I now live near Seattle, WA. It's definitely different up here...
    Different like how? WA is on my list of potential places to check out, but I think I've only been there once, a looong time ago for like half a day. (So if you start hearing spooky epic music coming from nowhere and random lightning crashes, now you know why... )

(snip mention of the workshop)

I was meaning to PM ye about that, PHG; will do now. It's kind of a longshot that I would be able to make that one I think, but I might as well get the info just in case. It'd be awesome to do the workshop, meet everybody and scope out the area though, so I shall keep my fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus

Quote Originally Posted by scymitar72
    I'm a transplant myself from San Diego. I now live near Seattle, WA. It's definitely different up here...
    Different like how?
    Well, for one thing, you go from sunshine about 300 days/year to things like three straight months of rain, no kidding. I do like the cooler temps tho and the fact that we get actual seasons - rain and no rain, lol. Seriously, we do get seasons and it is really beautiful. The Seattle area traffic is worse than So Cal, imo. The roads are OLD, poorly designed, weather beaten and the peeps here don't want to spend a dime on road improvements. I also find the folks here are not as friendly as in So Cal. It is a bit of a time warp too. They started saying "Hella" like 2 years ago. That word was popular back in the '80's up in Northern Cal.

The Seattle area is definitely a blue area (politically speaking), but, I don't care for it too much - even though I'm a tree huggin' liberal myself. I'm also beach/ocean person. Not crowded beaches though. This is forest and mountain land, which is incredibly beautiful, I just feel landlocked even though I'm right near the Puget Sound. I miss the ocean like crazy. A lot of it has to do with the neighborhood I live in too - gangsta land. There are not any folks around here I can relate to. I suppose if I moved to a different area, my opinion might be more favorable.

I've traveled and lived all over the western US, so I have seen quite a bit. I still say I like California the best, Montana though wasn't bad at all.

I like your commune idea, lol. That would be awesome.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I'm starting to feel better. I start out with anxiety in the am but feel better a few hours later. And the 'foreboding' feeling is almost gone. There is a 'lifting.' I'll let you know how the dreams go tonight.
    For whatever it's worth, I have felt a resurgence of the 'panicky doom' stuff, but at the same time a knowing that it's not so bad- that it's going to work out. Don't ask me how. Like it starts bad and it ends up ok.

I quoted myself. Weird.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5