Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Ankle Pulling Thing

Blog Entries

The Ankle Pulling Thing

Hello again, everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I have a little question again- I know the phenomenon of the ankle gripping is quite common and I read about it a few times. My problem is- it started happening to me EVERY time I try to float out of the body in the right state. I didn't give in and let go because I was too scared to do so.
    About two days ago- for all I know I managed to seperate fully using the floating method for the first time- and then felt someone gripping my ankles again. I felt I had no other option so I just let go and let him pull me. I thought maybe he/ she was trying to help me seperate.
    What happened was- I was pulled very slowly sideways. I waited for a few seconds- got bored and got back to where the physical body was easily. Still- there was someone trying to pull my ankles... :/ I tried to pull the hands I was feeling on my ankles away- but I felt nothing and I saw nothing, I just felt it gripping my ankles. It seems like I couldn't possible make any progress if I wouldn't go along with him since he's there EVERY time. The second I try to float out- the gripping starts.

Questions:
    1. From your experience- do you think this is safe to go along while being pulled?
    2. Do you think this could maybe be my guide or somebody trying to help? Why would they contact me everytime?
    3. Do you think he/she was trying to show me something? it seemed like I was just being pulled around so it felt useless. Maybe my subconscious was playing tricks on me?

Any comments would be welcome! Thank you for taking the time to read!
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Lionheart Guest

Re: The Ankle Pulling Thing

I don't know why all of my "sleeping" exits seem to be from my feet/ankles. But for as long as I can remember I have had sensations of my feet or legs being touched or pulled. When I was a child and this happened, I would pull my blankets over my head and lie there shivering in terror. I never spoke of it then. It was my own terrifying secret!

It wasn't until I was much older that I noticed a pattern. I would awaken in mild or strong SP (Sleep Paralysis). I then ALLOWED it to progress, instead of fighting it. Which soon led to a tug at my feet and I then found myself out. But, when I Phase consciously aware this never happens.

One time, not only did I get pulled out by my feet, I also was dragged upside down to my ceiling and spun through it like a corkscrew, lol. Needless to say, I opted out of that scenario and changed my focus to my tranquil beach scene (happy place) that I had created in the NPR (Non physical Realms), years ago.

I still haven't come to terms with whatever it is that sets that pattern into motion. I know about SP and all, but I have always had the "gut feeling" that it's something else. Like perhaps the reason is "out there". I'm sure there are some here that will understand what I mean by "out there".

Blog Entries

I used to get those all the time, and used to counteract it by sponging my legs (NEW exercise for stimulating the energy body). One time, after I had lost the fear, I decided to let it happen and work at staying aware, and I had a great time. I was pulled to a 'scary' dark environment, but when I manifested light it was a 'lab' setting in which I actually 'knew' the people in there. Go figure.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Lionheart, first- I really like your nickname- and second- when I get vibrations- they usually start at my feet, too. It must have been pretty scary to feel being pulled by the ankles when you were just a child! when it happened to me, I just tried to get out from the vibrational state so I sat up or jerked my legs, etc.
    CFTraveler- that's really interesting. I wonder what will happen next time it will happen to me. Do you think it is possible that when I "leave the body" with the roll out technique it's in the RTZ and when I just try to float out it's the astral? Because it's all seems to look like the same environment.

I hope to fill you in if something significant will happen.
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha

Blog Entries

You can transition into the astral from the realtime zone (if that's what you're asking) using anything in the landscape that doesn't belong- like a door that's out of place or just look for vortexes.
    When it happened to me that time, I ended up somewhere that wasn't my normal surroundings, but not by my doing (consciously, anyway.) If I can find that one in my journal I'll link it so you can read it in all the details, if I wrote them.

Quote Originally Posted by dontco View Post
    Questions:
    1. From your experience- do you think this is safe to go along while being pulled?
    2. Do you think this could maybe be my guide or somebody trying to help? Why would they contact me everytime?
    3. Do you think he/she was trying to show me something? it seemed like I was just being pulled around so it felt useless. Maybe my subconscious was playing tricks on me?
    This is from my experience over a few years, so consider it subjective and not general, but I know from forums that many other users make similar experiences with pulling/grabbing helpers:

It was always safe because I often asked for it. I stretch out my hand and it is grabbed. But sometimes I already felt the grab around my wrists or lower arms. Sometimes I feel being held by both arms and feet, which is funny for me. Once I even was getting tickled at my feet. There's some humor involved here. I view it as a loose training session for bodily sensations to improve my astral body feeling and capablities. We can activate all senses of our energy body/bodies in the astral, not just the visual one, we can do "normal" hearing and feeling, even smelling and tasting, all were lessons learnt by the help of guides, too.

I think in your case it is a guide or your Higher Self acting as guide - maybe it's no difference. From my perspective the main purpose is always help, guidance and maybe even direct teaching (see 1). My first experience with a wrist-grabbing happened as a lesson which I called the 'cut-the-crap-lesson' afterwards. I have it in my journal here somewhere. I was lying there in bed in SP state and still waiting for vibrations to set in, when "she" grabbed me and laughed after I first panicked (I did not know her before, that was actually her introduction). She just wanted to show me that I need not wait for the vibrations to get out. So I had learnt from that and in later projections did not wait for vibrations to set in but immediately rolled out or grabbed a hand. I've learnt a few more kinetic/tactile things from her and others (I have 10 helpers) in the course of time.

The subconscious producing the grab itself is a possiblity of course. Maybe it is a tool, like e.g. projectors producing a rope or a ladder. Who knows.
    Does a helper communicate with you, appear to you visually when you can see or speak to you while you are in the dark and you can hear it like in the physical? (In the dark/void is mostly when my tactile/kinetic experiences occur). Then it could be your guide(s) indeed. No need to be scared. Just accept the offer and work with them and see what happens. You can also tell them that you want to try sth alone and that they stay in the background only. Like a little child trying to ride the bike without being held by a parent for the first time.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

I would like to thank everyone for reading/ commenting to this thread- it really means a lot to me

If anyone is interested in knowing- I actually asked Bruce a question and mentioned the pulling- and he wrote:
    "The 'hands' trying to pull you out of body are most likely provided by your higher self, and not spirits per se."
    Here is a link to the thread, if you would like to read:
    http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?17432-Problem-Solving

CFTraveler- I actually read a post on your blog- not related but very interesting (about manifestation) and I liked it very much it was very informative. I would love to hear about any manifestation stories you have did you maybe write a blog post about it? I hope it's ok to ask you here, on this thread, still- but do you have any helpers, too? just curious.

Sinera- I learned a lot from what you have wrote here, thank you! You have a lot of helpers, which sounds very nice Do you know if others have that many helpers? it sounds like your progress is important I actually did not perceive any communication, so it's most probable it's my higher self, like RB had said. I even tried to communicate and activated the physical body by mistake :/ I also wanted to add- you two are soooo very helpful!

Dontco,
    Hi. I've just posted on my journal section an experience I had early this morning which relates to your ankle pulling .
    But want to say
    First experience was whilst doing a Real Time Zone thing whilst leaving physical body and walking along my passage where something grabbed me by my ankles and threw me like a chicken by the legs through the air outside my window. I was so amazed and a little ( well no A Lot) startled at what had just happened so willed back to bed.
    Later and after advice from this site it became obvious that this was to push me into getting away from my body as soon as possible after exit. This was a positive experience.
    A while later whilst trying to leave body I was aware of hands underneath me trying to lift me up a couple of times but I got so excited that I ruined the experience.
    Another time when I knew I had left the body and was travelling I saw an astral hand holding my left arm as if supporting me from behind whilst travelling. it had my old wedding ring on and slightly puffed up fingers ( which I get with fluid retention on hot days)
    This was my first time of thinking this is someone who has an astral body , is helping me and has a strong connection to me to show the ring.
    Then tonight's post after reading your previous post . Without having to read Roberts I am absolutely convinced on these occasions I was being helped by something related to me that knows me so well , even the swollen fingers and I believe with all my heart .
    So Never be afraid. Yourself / yourselves/ and spirit family are there to help you but stay positive and eliminate any bad thoughts.

Blog Entries

I actually have had many manifestation 'miracles', it's a way to call them, but I don't like to talk about it- it simply is something I learned as part of my religion, it worked, and I decided that the underlying truth about manifestation may drive home an important idea (to me, anyway) and since, to prove something is to do it, I decided to show people how to do it for free, since at the time I wrote this (it was many many years ago, long before I published it here) people had to pay good money to learn the why and how. So I decided to teach the how, and let the why work itself out in people's lives.
    Was that vague enough for you? Heheh.

Lionheart Guest

I became aware in a mild SP last night and got to experience to the entire ankle pulling scenario for about 10 minutes. I first felt my feet ringing like a bell. Then they went numb and the pulling sensation began. This quickly changed to a lifting sensation. But only my feet and legs were being lifted, leaving me kind of lying in a 45 degree angle.

Unfortunately, I was stuck there. So, that's as far as I went. This entire process took about 10 minutes and for some reason I think it stopped because I was "too" aware of it occurring. If that's even possible, lol.

I like to observe things like this though. It gives me a chance to actually come up with my own opinion of what really might be happening. I have heard what other people say about it. But I haven't proven it to myself yet.

I have had many OBEs/LDs/False Awakenings. But all of my ankle pulling experiences, seem to lead to the same NP scenarios. Kind of like "school is in session" and I am late, lol.