Thread: Warped vision and difficulty separating

Warped vision and difficulty separating

Hello, I have recently struggled with trying to be able to project the past few months. I quit smoking again and was finally able to get into sleep paralysis today. I have a temper pedic mattress and adjusted it to a soft setting. I figured that would be best as it's more suitable for short naps. I fell asleep on my stomach and sure enough I eventually awoke in sleep paralysis. I started getting on my hands and knees but felt very heavy; I couldn't quite get myself all the way up and I began exerting energy. I tried opening my eyes (tend to forget to do it in the beginning) and struggled with that also. I managed to get them open a little but my vision was very off. Next thing I remember was trying to project again but I can't recall much of it. I remember trying to open my eyes and seeing a very warped image of my dryer (which is not far from my bed). Followed was a false awakening. What is the best way to separate from your body? Also, how come I struggle opening my eyes and seeing a clear image?

Blog Entries

Re: Warped vision and difficulty separating

If you're trying to separate from your stomach and doing a body movement (such as getting on your hands and knees) is difficult you might try a different type of exit, one that relies on feeling, such as if you're being pulled up into space by a 'crane' or something equally passive.
    What I don't understand is why you're trying to open your eyes- you don't have eyes in the etheric or astral bodies, your perception is nonphysical, and trying to open your eyes can make you open your physical eyes, terminating the projection. So please stop trying to open your eyes, and don't worry about whether vision is blurry or not- your proximity to your body will cause blindness, distortion or other vision problems, which will clear up once you've gotten away from your body.
    Also, a false awakening is a small realtime OBE, so all was not lost.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    If you're trying to separate from your stomach and doing a body movement (such as getting on your hands and knees) is difficult you might try a different type of exit, one that relies on feeling, such as if you're being pulled up into space by a 'crane' or something equally passive.
    What I don't understand is why you're trying to open your eyes- you don't have eyes in the etheric or astral bodies, your perception is nonphysical, and trying to open your eyes can make you open your physical eyes, terminating the projection. So please stop trying to open your eyes, and don't worry about whether vision is blurry or not- your proximity to your body will cause blindness, distortion or other vision problems, which will clear up once you've gotten away from your body.
    Also, a false awakening is a small realtime OBE, so all was not lost.
    Thank you! Now that I think of it all the times I've successfully OBE'd I've never opened my eyes upon exiting. I thought you were suppose to for some reason which explains my failed attempts. Next time I will take your advice on separation.

Rather than struggling to get out, try something more relaxing. CFT suggested a crane pulling you up; that's a good one, as it is the crane and not you who's struggling! I would also offer another suggestion: just visualise yourself gently floating upwards and away from your physical body. The floating upwards is a gentle sensation and helps you to stay relaxed.

Good luck with your projections!
    Last edited by LPCF; 31st July 2014 at 02:42 PM.