Hello, I have recently struggled with trying to be able to project the past few months. I quit smoking again and was finally able to get into sleep paralysis today. I have a temper pedic mattress and adjusted it to a soft setting. I figured that would be best as it's more suitable for short naps. I fell asleep on my stomach and sure enough I eventually awoke in sleep paralysis. I started getting on my hands and knees but felt very heavy; I couldn't quite get myself all the way up and I began exerting energy. I tried opening my eyes (tend to forget to do it in the beginning) and struggled with that also. I managed to get them open a little but my vision was very off. Next thing I remember was trying to project again but I can't recall much of it. I remember trying to open my eyes and seeing a very warped image of my dryer (which is not far from my bed). Followed was a false awakening. What is the best way to separate from your body? Also, how come I struggle opening my eyes and seeing a clear image?