Thread: How can I relinquish disbelief in Astral Projection, as well as fear?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How can I relinquish disbelief in Astral Projection, as well as fear?

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    belief has nothing to do with it.
    But I've always been told that belief is one of the biggest factors to a successful projection? I'm always hearing "If you try astral projecting while thinking "I GUESS I'll try but don't think it'll work" then it's the same as not trying at all, because a certain level of belief is necessary. Is belief being confused with enthusiasm here? As in, not necessarily belief that it'll work is needed, but a real desire to enter the astral is required?

2. Re: How can I relinquish disbelief in Astral Projection, as well as fear?

Have you considered EFT or affirmations? In my opinion, some beliefs are too subconsciously integrated to reason through and thus must be dealt with at a more subconscious level (via eft and affirmations for example). Also, maybe if you stop trying so hard it will happen to you. When I had my first OBE it was completely spontaneous despite the hours I had spent in daily meditation trying to induce one. I don't think you can "force" your way through the spiritual and subconscious barriers/beliefs that are keeping you from having an OBE. I believe everything happens for a reason so perhaps you are stuck because you are in a process of evolving your beliefs and energies to prepare yourself to have a safe conscious OBE. I'm learning that patience and balance are key.
    I also agree with CFTraveler that there are various ways to perceive what an OBE is. Perhaps if you looked at it from a different angle in a way that's easier to comprehend and more consistent with your other beliefs it will open up possibilities within your mind and subconscious.