Hi Robert --

First off, Astral Dynamics changed my entire life, along with some of my family members, in a very good way, I might add. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in AP, and have bought and given the book away many times. You truly are a master of your craft, and have really made a difference in my life. For that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You're a pioneer of energy, and my most trusted source of information regarding it.

I began energy work and projection when I was about 17 years old. I am 27 now. There were about 8 years that I strayed away from energy work for a while, but my fire for knowledge and understanding of this subject has once again ignited (as of about 3 days ago). I have never had trouble generating the energy body during my attempts. In fact, within roughly 15 minutes of exercises, I usually have full body vibrations, as well as hearing a static-like radio sounds, and sometimes seeing through my eyelids. I just finished a session (my third one since starting back up), and it was more intense than the last two, but I still have not achieved conscious exit. I know I'm SO close, and I use a full-body circuit (in breath from feet to crown, and out breath from crown to sub-naval) after doing some basic brushing and sponging of my hands and feet. I use an armchair, and slightly lay back with my feet propped up.

The vibrations flood through my whole body, though I've noticed they're less intense in my thighs. I feel the flood of excitement through my stomach and chest, I feel cobwebs on my face, and my arms are the most intense when it comes to vibrations, and my hands start feeling stiff and light, sometimes pushing themselves up on their own. I use the rope technique to attempt an exit, also feeling myself moving around the room externally from my physical body, and the vibrations intensify even more. No matter what though, I cannot seem to achieve a successful exit. Every other element is there, but no exit occurs.

My problem, I believe, is that I'm too tense. I use the breathing exercises, and they work marvelously after basic energy raising steps, but I notice my left leg seems to tense up, and I catch myself holding it up physically. I sometimes breath in too heavily, and I believe I am keeping myself grounded in my physical body by tensing up. My neck never vibrates, and my thighs seem to never vibrate much. The sensations in my stomach, head, arms, and feet are undeniable -- I'm either VERY close to exit, or I successfully exit and do not remember.

Simply, my question is, do you think the slight tensing of my body is the reason I have not been able to consciously exit? My breathing can sometimes get too intense, to where I believe I am not obtaining a form of relaxation required for conscious projection. I'm amazed at how quickly, after 10 years, I am able to summon the vibrations/energy body generation, and my tactile imaging ability seems to be perfectly effective.