Thread: Does the Moon affect LD?

Does the Moon affect LD?

Has anyone noticed a difference in how easily or frequently they have lucid dreams during the different phases of the moon?

Blog Entries

Re: Does the Moon affect LD?

I used to suspect it when I was younger and learning to cultivate, but I've come to believe that it doesn't, at least for me.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thanks, iv been taking note of the moon phases while writing in my dream journal. Hopfully after a couple of full moon cycles ill have enough data to either support or not support the idea.

Blog Entries

FWIW, I found that even though I did have monthly fluctuations in my dreaming/projecting, it had to do more with my body chemistry than the phases of the moon themselves- it was a 'slippery' rule in that the cycles were a bit 'off' than the moon itself, if that makes sense.

Blog Entries

I had to think about how to word this, because I don't want to sound harsh (and if I write it poorly, it will).

Essentially, there are no good reasons to think the moon has any particular effect on dreaming. Dreams take place within your immediate sphere of, for lack of a better word, self. You retreat entirely into your own unique "self space" and interact there. Lucid dreams are dreams in which you are consciously aware that you're there, as opposed to passively accepting everything that happens. In my experience, this is simply something that you develop as you go. I've never been especially skilled at lucid dreaming, but I haven't actually worked at it that much. I think if I did practice it and consciously make the effort, it would become more frequent and easier to achieve, just like any other skill (such as remaining conscious and aware in a deep trance state).

The moon shouldn't have any effect whatsoever. It may, theoretically, have some vague effect on us in some physical sense (it does affect the tides, after all, but oceans are not people), but -- and I'm sure someone will take grave offence at this -- assuming that random external forces have some direct power over your inner space or, for that matter, your waking reality, is probably counterproductive. By putting belief (faith, power, etc.) into external forces, you are effectively giving away your own power.

Okay. There we go. I've just committed a number of blashephemies, I know. Being a heretic is simply my nature. Doesn't matter the dogma.

Take it for what its worth, and that includes ignoring it completely if that's your assessment. OP, this may or may not have been written "for" you, so don't feel any obligation to pay attention if it doesn't resonate. Sometimes I get strangely inspired and I write, knowing (or hoping, anyway) that someone, somewhere will stumble on it and it will give them the "ah hah!" moment they need. Or not. I don't know. I just plant the seeds that seem to want me to plant them. What happens after that is nothing to do with me.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    I had to think about how to word this, because I don't want to sound harsh (and if I write it poorly, it will).

Essentially, there are no good reasons to think the moon has any particular effect on dreaming. Dreams take place within your immediate sphere of, for lack of a better word, self. You retreat entirely into your own unique "self space" and interact there. Lucid dreams are dreams in which you are consciously aware that you're there, as opposed to passively accepting everything that happens. In my experience, this is simply something that you develop as you go. I've never been especially skilled at lucid dreaming, but I haven't actually worked at it that much. I think if I did practice it and consciously make the effort, it would become more frequent and easier to achieve, just like any other skill (such as remaining conscious and aware in a deep trance state).

The moon shouldn't have any effect whatsoever. It may, theoretically, have some vague effect on us in some physical sense (it does affect the tides, after all, but oceans are not people), but -- and I'm sure someone will take grave offence at this -- assuming that random external forces have some direct power over your inner space or, for that matter, your waking reality, is probably counterproductive. By putting belief (faith, power, etc.) into external forces, you are effectively giving away your own power.

Okay. There we go. I've just committed a number of blashephemies, I know. Being a heretic is simply my nature. Doesn't matter the dogma.

Take it for what its worth, and that includes ignoring it completely if that's your assessment. OP, this may or may not have been written "for" you, so don't feel any obligation to pay attention if it doesn't resonate. Sometimes I get strangely inspired and I write, knowing (or hoping, anyway) that someone, somewhere will stumble on it and it will give them the "ah hah!" moment they need. Or not. I don't know. I just plant the seeds that seem to want me to plant them. What happens after that is nothing to do with me.
    Hi BW,
    I have not have any time yet to even think about this, so I just want to say I am happy to read your thoughts, thank you
    I am happy you are brave, thank you for giving us curage also

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

BW i happen to agree with you somewhat. Your logic and assumptions are pretty stable and well thought it. The main reason that has made me want to research it is more how the moon is thought of in a Kabbalistic sense, and by that i mean, in the Kabbala the 9th sephiroth Yesod has the planet attribution on the moon. And those that are familer with the kabbala will know that Yesod and in this sense the moon, is the realm of the unconscious and also the realm of the astral, and is known by some occult magicians as "the astral light" Now Monday being the day of the moon in kabalistic sense and there being a moon hour a couple times a day as the planets cycle through rulling each hour, it would stand to reason that dreams and OBE's would be strongest during a monday or during a hour where the moon is ruling. This i have not found to be true. So researching the 28 mansions of the moon (which is what magicians useally call the moon phases) is a logical 2nd research point. Although im starting to come more to the conclusion that it dosent have an affect, or if it does maybe a un-substantial one. Maybe when it comes to mysticism our own consciousness is the most powerful force we have to work with.

CF would you mind describing a bit more about your monthly fluctuations that you have experienced. Because i started working hard at trying to have LD and after some work and lots of reality checks i was able to have 5 LD dreams in a row, one LD every moring for 5 days striaght then all of a sudden they stopped and i havint been able to have another one in the past couple of weeks even though i have been doing reality checks now more then i ever have in my life and i have been trying every different type of sleep patter I.E waking up early then going back to sleep, sleeping in, and trying mixing it up. But to no avial, it just seems strange that i can have a string a sucesful LD like that then all of a sudden feel like my higher self throughs up a brick wall and says "stop your getting to good at this" and now its hard for me to remmeber more then small fragments of just normal dreams

Blog Entries

When I was actively cultivating OBE I noticed that I would project around two to three days before the full moon- I first assumed it must be related to how the tides affect my brain chemistry, but when I started recording it I realized that it only seemed I was projecting during that time, after a while a different pattern emerged. More of a tendency towards clustering and then droughts. Sure, if I tried hard enough I could force a projection, but after a few years I stopped doing that and nowadays I go with the flow more.